What made you happy today? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Skids »

Cheers everyone :)
What'sinaname wrote:
pietillidie wrote:Just saw Dave The Man browsing. Hope you're well, Dave. Not posting as much these days?
He's a little tired of being shat on all the time. He supports his way, wont apologise for it, and wont tell others how to support. Unfortunately, some like to tell him that he's supporting the wrong way.
Yep, we all make adjustments as to how and when we post, some of us serve bans and restrictions. It's not perfect for everyone, but it's still very cool. I've met and "met" others from this board and made friends for life.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:
Skids wrote:I got a phone call from the surgeon just now. The cancer hasn't spread beyond my trachea and is a very slow growing non aggressive type.
Next step is another biopsy (with a bigger sample taken) to just confirm how much of my windpipe they need to remove.
Still a big operation, but the outlook is very promising... f*/ken relief I can tell you!
Great news, yeah it's still a big operation but better than the alternative. Best of luck with it all.
I’ll secondthat, that’s brilliant news, all the best xx
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Skids »

Standing in the rain with a coffee and a doughnut watching Hayes play Auskick in his Degoey boots.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Noice enjoy mate

Well 3 days in sunny qld made me oh so happy, back to freezing but watching the boys cmon 6.21 I can hardly look!

It’s better being there for Shaw!
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

Got a chunk out of super, mortgage paid off and bank cheque in the wallet waiting for the bull bar to go on the new ute so I can pick it up.

Waiting now til I can speak to the Super fund financial advisor about setting up an income stream. The waiting for everything is driving me nuts, but at least things are happening.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

thats great news stui

im jealous, just finished a horrible wasted afternoon of MYOB reconciliations, i damn cant wait til i do the last one ever, ugh!

please please retire!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Cheers Jo.

The other thing that made me happy was I got a new pair of walking shoes.

I walk, hard, 5 mornings per week, averaging a bit over 4km per day. That's 20km a week or over 1000 km a year. The old ones were abit over 12 months old and I'd worn the sole down to the point I'd be ice skating over winter, so went up to Uni Hill in Bundoora to the factory outlets and went to the Asics shop.

Looking at the shoes, $120-170 and cringing, young bloke walks up and asks what I'm looking for. Told him walking shoes with some decent grip, I burn through them, mostly footpath but also off road. He asked what size I was, size 13, he grinned and went for a couple of boxes on a low shelf that had no display shoes. Fkn Brilliant. Good looking shoes, very comfy, great grip, $40 a pair. :D Score.
Last edited by stui magpie on Wed May 10, 2023 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Bruce Gonsalves
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Bruce Gonsalves »

Well done Stui. It's a great feeling getting rid of the mortgage. We did it a few times then got back on the treadmill. Mortgage free now and living off investmests atm and is the way to go. F the banks!!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Cheers Bruce, Enjoy.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Junior is a PE teacher at a very multicultural school in truganins, a genuine hard knocks school. Last year at the inter school cross country, she got the kids to an all time high of 6th. This year she got them training early, with strategies in place. Today was the day. One of the local catholic schools has won every year since the shield was produced in 2018, so 5 years straight.

At the presentation someone told her to move the 19 kids closer to the stage. She didn’t hear her schools name before 5th so was disappointed not to reach last years standard. Then the catholic school was called in 2nd place much to their shock! And you guessed it, Junior and her motley crew took home the shield! That’s 19 kids who will never ever forget that moment of a win no one expected. I’m so fricken proud of her right now! I could bust!

And then my eldest called me from Disneyland Tokyo, and told me she got woken at 4.30am by an earthquake!

It’s been quite a day!

Go Cait!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Well done her.

How does that interschool cross country work? Is it like a relay race or do they all run together and have some kind of scoring system?
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:Well done her.

How does that interschool cross country work? Is it like a relay race or do they all run together and have some kind of scoring system?
they run individually in age groups, and get awarded points on finishing position.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

ta for that, well done her, getting all the kids buy in.
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

What'sinaname wrote:
pietillidie wrote:Just saw Dave The Man browsing. Hope you're well, Dave. Not posting as much these days?
He's a little tired of being shat on all the time. He supports his way, wont apologise for it, and wont tell others how to support. Unfortunately, some like to tell him that he's supporting the wrong way.

He cops less shit in the bigger BF pond.
Oh, I didn't know that. Is that mostly related to game day threads, which I don't really frequent?
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

stui magpie wrote:Got a chunk out of super, mortgage paid off and bank cheque in the wallet waiting for the bull bar to go on the new ute so I can pick it up.

Waiting now til I can speak to the Super fund financial advisor about setting up an income stream. The waiting for everything is driving me nuts, but at least things are happening.
Great stuff. Did the same here ? 12-18 months ago as Mrs WPT works casually now about 1 day a week. I’m still full time but very little OT compared to the ridiculous amounts I used to work.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman