Things that make you go.......WTF? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Geezus H Christ on a bike. :shock: Glad she's OK, that would have been a fairly disturbing incident, definitely a WTF moment.

So much of your hard work wasted, Plan B had better be a good one :wink:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

What a bizarre thing to happen, and a miracle she’s ok. Thank god for your neighbour having the wherewithal to investigate!
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

OMG!!! the poor woman, that would be terrifying, glad shes ok

and the chooks!!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Bruce Gonsalves
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Bruce Gonsalves »

Moana Hope described as an AFL legend in News .Com. Some journos seriously need to find a real job!
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

They've been doing this forever. How many times has a delisted player who played, like, three games been referred to as a "former AFL star" in the press? Lol.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
watt price tully

Backyard was excavated. Pipe fixed, hole refilled. They’ll come back in a month with more top soil as the current lot will compact.

The engineers will be sent a report with camera shots of the pipe. Sounds like it will need relining and that will involve a neighbours place and potentially up the street at the neighbours place.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Bruce Gonsalves
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Bruce Gonsalves »

Scarey stuff WPT. Was it sewer or stormwater?
watt price tully

Bruce Gonsalves wrote:Scarey stuff WPT. Was it sewer or stormwater?
Cheers BG. Certainly very scary for Mrs WPT. It’s a storm water ? 1920s or 1930’s era. Small concrete storm water that is a local government responsibility that feeds into a large Melb water stormwater.

The excavator who’s been doing it for 40 years said he’s never seen such a big backyard sinkhole.

Local government bloke and this contractor have been fantastic. They’ve done a really neat job and have been really thoughtful.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Thank whoever for ring cameras!

My daughter is in Japan, she just rang and said someone is hanging around her place, I said hit the siren, so she did! Video shows a bitch about to have a look in her letterbox.

I was out the door in my pjs so hubby came too! The person was gone but the ferals next door on the corner, facing the other street if you know what I mean, had a heap of cars out front. We made a bit of noise out front, I had my phone to my daughter on speaker. We checked everything and hoped in the car. Drove past the ferals, saw them in the garage, said to my daughter, was she wearing a puffer jacket and a ponytail, she sent me the video, yep the neighbour! I thought she looked a bit sheepish!

So tomorrow I’ll go put a lock on her letterbox, and walk passed the neighbours slowly a couple of times!

Yes bitch we can see you!
watt price tully

think positive wrote:Thank whoever for ring cameras!

My daughter is in Japan, she just rang and said someone is hanging around her place, I said hit the siren, so she did! Video shows a bitch about to have a look in her letterbox.

I was out the door in my pjs so hubby came too! The person was gone but the ferals next door on the corner, facing the other street if you know what I mean, had a heap of cars out front. We made a bit of noise out front, I had my phone to my daughter on speaker. We checked everything and hoped in the car. Drove past the ferals, saw them in the garage, said to my daughter, was she wearing a puffer jacket and a ponytail, she sent me the video, yep the neighbour! I thought she looked a bit sheepish!

So tomorrow I’ll go put a lock on her letterbox, and walk passed the neighbours slowly a couple of times!

Well done
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

^Smart work from your daughter to have that set up, TP.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
think positive

Post by think positive »

pietillidie wrote:^Smart work from your daughter to have that set up, TP.
I bought it for her before settlement, I have so many set up I should have shares in the company!

3 at the beach house, which caught 2 kids trying to open the front door, I also have chook cam, sheep cam, etc here at the farm, and doggie cam at home for when we go out!

Honestly, it’s the best!

My hubbies sister bought one for the beach house as a present, because we helped her when her house was being built. The first week she moved in She caught someone casing her hot water unit, she gave the footage to the cops!

I went to her place this morning and put a lock on the letterbox, did a sweep of the house, and slowly walked past the bogan neighbour’s house, loudly talking on my phone to my sister about how good it’s to have a cop on speed dial! Hopefully they are smart enough to not shit where they live from now on!

I damn hate thieves!
think positive

Post by think positive »

watt price tully wrote:

Well done
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

I bought 2, picked them up just before from the post office on the way home. Just waiting for the first one to charge so I can finish the setup. How long do the batteries last before they need recharging?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.