What made you happy today? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

That's great to hear, Skids. Means so much when we realise how much those around us care.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

Skids wrote:Got totally blown away yesterday.
One if the sparkies let slip about an email going around site.
The receptionist Brooke (a lovely magpie fan too), has sent an email to everyone explaining my upcoming operation and extended time off work. She has got people to 'donate' one of their sick or annual leave days to cover me for my time off.

Old blubbering booby here broke down in the smoko room, such a wonderful gesture by my workmates and very humbling.
Ya big sook. :wink:

Nah, very nice to know people you work with actually care for you. You must be a half decent bloke after all. :P :wink:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Had a good day today. Collect the new Ute on Wednesday which happens to be my birthday and spend an hour in a Teams meeting with a financial advisor. Shit I learned a fair bit.

If I draw money down from my super, it gets taxed hard, but if I shift it to an income stream and draw down a lump sum from there, not so much. She reckons she can set me up with an income stream and still keep Centrelink. That would be a magic trick, looking forward to seeing what she comes up with.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by think positive »

Skids wrote:Got totally blown away yesterday.
One if the sparkies let slip about an email going around site.
The receptionist Brooke (a lovely magpie fan too), has sent an email to everyone explaining my upcoming operation and extended time off work. She has got people to 'donate' one of their sick or annual leave days to cover me for my time off.

Old blubbering booby here broke down in the smoko room, such a wonderful gesture by my workmates and very humbling.
thats brilliant mate, really, brilliant
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

Wow, that's really nice of them, Skids. I was looking for you over in the sad thread, but I'm glad you're over here in the happy thread now!
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Skids »

Yes, so humbling.
Also, word must have got around to former work colleagues over the last few days and I've been blown away again with phone calls and messages... I've found it very overwhelming to be honest.
It's given me even more strength to knock this on the head as quick as possible.

Been studying up on how to best prepare the body for surgery/recovery. I plan to be closer to the minimum recovery time and back at work quicker than what they say.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ You will. You're a gun.
Skids

Post by Skids »

Pies4shaw wrote:^ You will. You're a gun.
Thanks mate :)
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Skids wrote:Yes, so humbling.
Also, word must have got around to former work colleagues over the last few days and I've been blown away again with phone calls and messages... I've found it very overwhelming to be honest.
It's given me even more strength to knock this on the head as quick as possible.

Been studying up on how to best prepare the body for surgery/recovery. I plan to be closer to the minimum recovery time and back at work quicker than what they say.
Good luck with it mate, you'll be fine (unless Kel has bribed the surgeon to make you lose your voice :wink: )

Question, are you going to need to do radiation treatment post surgery or they reckon it's non-agressive enough you won't need it?
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

All the best, Skids :)
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Skids

Post by Skids »

Thanks guys.

Not sure yet Stui, I will find out more on Monday.

I'll be home now to go to the wiggles game and give the voice its final workout at a footy game. Then it'll just have to be the ear drum.busting whistle.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Good stuff Skids.

My Birthday today. Up early, 4km walk, then off to Westfield Plenty Valley, Breakfast Burrito with a coffee and OJ, got a haircut, then picked up the new Ute. :D Got the custom bullbar with all the lights, cameras and parking sensors in it, looks fkn schmick and drives like a beauty. Gonna take me a while to figure out all the tech.

Then just before 6pm the daughter video called me with the grandson to wish me happy birthday, that capped the day. Got him for the weekend then going to Toc next week.

Thai for dinner tonight washed down with Sangria. Life is good.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

Sounds like an excellent day. Many happy returns! :)
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Thanks David. :)
Skids

Post by Skids »

Awesome! Happy birthday Stui!

I just flew in, great to be home 8)

and... I just bought these

AFL 2023 $1 Collingwood Coin
SKU: 2212304

$5.00
$50.00