What pisses you off? Part II: Electric Boogaloo

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

eddiesmith wrote:
David wrote:Agree 100%, P4S. Terrible that the system hasn’t been improved and that the new government doesn’t see it as a priority.
Which is quite remarkable given how often they commented on it whilst in opposition and said it needed fixing and payments increased.

Yet with the power to do it all, they’ve done absolutely nothing.
With all politics “after all is said and done, there is far more said than done”
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

went to the Kingsbury market this morning, it's moved west. :x

Still in the Latrobe Uni carpark, but moved to a new location and the parking is absolutely shitful. After spending 15 minutes doing very slow circle work trying (with lots of others) to figure out how to access the parking areas, I gave up, drove back to where I normally parked and walked the mile back. What fkn muppet made that decision I have NFI. At least put up some signs to tell people how to get to a parking place. People in SUV's were just ignoring the "keep off the grass" signs and driving up embankments to get in. Fkn ridiculous.

Market in new location has gone downhill as far as variety goes. Heaps of food options, FMD. 2-3 different Turkish places (I had a Turkish Burger), Sicilian, Japanese, Nepalese, BBQ, spuds on a stick, Crepes, Seafood, Paella, Pies, Quiches and I've probably forgot a few. But a lot of the non-food stalls were missing.

Hopefully it recovers and I figure out where to park next time.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

^SOBs. Been on forums like Reddit to see how others have dealt with them?

You're definitely not alone. See: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/ubercarshare.com
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

^An Aussie review with advice:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/reviews/647ee ... fefc36ea33
This company contacted me 4 weeks after my hire and accused me of damaging the vehicle. Basically they look for anyone who doesn’t have enough photos and go after them, relentlessly. If they come for you IMMEDIATELY cancel your credit card or switch it to a debit card with ZERO BALANCE. Then IMMEDIATELY contact ACFA.ORG.AU because that is the only way this criminal organisation will back off. Basically never ever use them. They are not properly insured so it is their modus operandi to try and scam everyone out of money for every scratch. They get dodgy quotes. And even if you agree to pay, they will come after you with claims of “new damage”. This is literally a criminal organisation.
He or she will mean https://www.afca.org.au/, which deals with insurance complaints. There may be another Aussie org, too.

Get the ball rolling right away. We beat a dodgy gas company who was forced to apologise to us for trying to charge us for usage months after we'd moved (through the UK equivalent).

This sounds like a great media story, too, so keep that up your sleeve while putting a fix in process.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
David

Post by David »

Thanks PTID. I had no idea they had such a bad reputation on this stuff. But the penny dropped with that reviewer’s mention of them not being properly insured. That sounds about right, and explains a lot.

When I saw the quote today, it did occur to me for the first time that maybe this is how they make their money.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

You've just been bent over and prepared to be screwed. Push back and clench.

Don't allow any direct debits from your account. You may likely be liable for any excess but it clearly wasn't your fault so anything else shouldn't be on you.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
What'sinaname
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Ubercarshare will bill you until they can claim against the other party.

As for $600, that's pretty cheap for a respray given they most likely will respray the whole affected panel to ensure a consistent finish. That might involve removing the panel, sanding back, cleaning, prep, spray and clear coat.

Think of it this way. To fix curb rash on a wheel will set you back between $300 - $600.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
David

Post by David »

What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

If it was your own car, you would probably buff and polish. But insurance will restore the car to a as new condition. Hence the cost and why we have insurance.

Buff and polish can only conceal damage to the clear coat. If the paint has been damaged, it does need to be resprayed. Clear coat is fractions of a mm thick, so it's likely the paint has been damaged.
think positive
Has liked: 215 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

Paint from a crash usually leaves a mark when buffed off or out , and some of those are in paint scratches. It needs rubbing back, paint matching, and it’s metallic paint by the looks, and respraying to match existing paint. Not easy with metallic. They would do the whole bumper. Yeah I expect that price, but what I would not expect is having to pay anything. But then I can’t imagine car sharing. If your not at fault and can supply the at fault drivers details, including licence, (always take a photo of licence, driver, damage to both cars and the accident site ), then a comprehensive policy should not charge you anything, not even an excess. I guess it depends on their policy.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Taxi drivers are dodgy, my last accident was a taxi running up my ass many, many years ago. Thankfully it worked out in the end, insurance covered it all no problems, no excess. But the taxi driver tried to offer me cash to not go any further, I thought no way it’d probably cost more.

Only afterwards did I think I should have taken it, would have covered the excess and some more, but I’d have lost my no fault accident bonus!
David

Post by David »

eddiesmith wrote: Taxi drivers are dodgy
Tell me about it! And I think I knew this, deep down, but didn’t want to assume the worst.

It’d be pretty disappointing if he’s interpreted my presumption of good faith and amicable communications with him as a weakness to exploit. I’ve genuinely tried to do the right thing by him from the beginning and have declined to go over his head by calling the taxi company, so if his plan here is to wriggle out of this and leave me with the bill then my only conclusion would have to be that I was much too willing to trust.
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

A hint. Don't go to CPV. They are useless. Email the Minister directly.
David

Post by David »