Post Match. Pies win thriller. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Mossi
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Mossi »

Not even close, we doubled the winning margin!
derkd
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by derkd »

I haven't seen Collingwood look so completely lost as they did in that 3rd quarter. Couldn’t even posses the ball to slow the game.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

shawthing wrote:Embarrassing. I suppose we beat the bye curse against another side coming back from a bye. But seriously we are not in flag contention the way we are playing. The boys always fight to the end, but they mentally drift out of games far too easily. Thank goodness we don't have Port in Adelaide next week.

All sides go thru slumps during a season, most do, and I reckon we have been in one for about three weeks, just look bit jaded. Time to freshen up the team say, bring in Jack, Bianco, maybe Carmichael, Frampton, and rest some of our tired players, managed they call it, dont they ? :idea:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 26 times

Post by think better »

Keays should get 2 weeks for ripping Cox's glasses off. Its a vital part of his playing equipment and was just not warranted. Unsportsman like conduct at least
I think therefore I think - I think
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au
Been liked: 1 time

Post by kymbo5@yahoo.com.au »

Magpietothemax wrote:Major issue: how did Taylor Walker kick 5 goals against us??
Because he is one of the premier forwards in the comp, a true professional and a gun.
kymbo
derkd
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by derkd »

The attitude at the selection table seems to be 'you can play as well as you like in the VFL' but you won't get a AFL game
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

Some people here are seriously underestimating how good the Crows are and how good that win was. Yes at half time we were all thinking how far? But the Crows outplayed us at our own game and we were good enough to come back and win. Oleg Markov was flawless today and his last 2 mins saved the game. Johnny Noble often butchers a few but his desperation in the last few minutes also saved us. Massive win. No team plays as a team more than we do.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 117 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

Adelaide gave their very best. We gave about 3/4's of ours and we still won. Some concerns, and some tinkering with the structure in the forward line is needed. I think bomb kicks out of the back line aren't a high percentage option. I hope Maynard and Isaac are okay.

Good win Magpies!
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

High time both Bianco an Carmichael came in, freshen us up a bit now.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Gerry Cooper

Post by Gerry Cooper »

Damien wrote:Some people here are seriously underestimating how good the Crows are and how good that win was. Yes at half time we were all thinking how far? But the Crows outplayed us at our own game and we were good enough to come back and win. Oleg Markov was flawless today and his last 2 mins saved the game. Johnny Noble often butchers a few but his desperation in the last few minutes also saved us. Massive win. No team plays as a team more than we do.
Oleg is a favourite of mine. He is a 100 percenter and we always need that sort of player.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Of course, I love our fighting spirit ...... it's unbelievable.
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

Gerry Cooper wrote:
Damien wrote:Some people here are seriously underestimating how good the Crows are and how good that win was. Yes at half time we were all thinking how far? But the Crows outplayed us at our own game and we were good enough to come back and win. Oleg Markov was flawless today and his last 2 mins saved the game. Johnny Noble often butchers a few but his desperation in the last few minutes also saved us. Massive win. No team plays as a team more than we do.
Oleg is a favourite of mine. He is a 100 percenter and we always need that sort of player.

Plus he has a 19th Century moustache, very cool dude. :P

Gerry Cooper

Post by Gerry Cooper »

Piesnchess wrote:High time both Bianco an Carmichael came in, freshen us up a bit now.
I'd rather see McCreary as a starter myself. Bianco and Carmichael - are they like Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

[quote="PyreneesPie"]Of course, I love our fighting spirit ...... it's unbelievable.

Monco Matt

Post by Monco Matt »

Happy to tick this off with a win with a Houdini performance #21 but at this point I am waiting to see premiership calibre footy.

Now, I know that Winter is not the time to be playing your best but I would just like to see us take a 27 point half-time lead on the MCG against an interstate team sitting in 8th and turn it into a decent win. Not occasionally but all season long. Make the MCG our fortress. What are we doing in the change rooms at half time most weeks? Seems like we are all toking on a huge reefer coming out dazed and confused.

We nearly spilt the coffee in this one, would have been extremely embarrassing.
Last edited by Monco Matt on Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED "BABY" CAVANAUGH: Didn't hear what the bet was.

MONCO: Your life.