Post Match. Pies down Dockers. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Pete 70
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Pete 70 »

My only concern was injuries. Such a nothing game. Loved the second, not at all worried they put the cue in the rack, without publicly saying it, it’s kind of like trying to rest everyone in the second half.
Sidley and McStay always going to need a run. Massive game next week. Dare I say it in this forum, but I wouldn’t mind a Carlton win this week.
Dispatches from a foreign land
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

I’m hoping Carlton and Port knock the stuffing out of each other
BazBoy
Been liked: 29 times

Post by BazBoy »

A comment from the Fox team that it’s the first time since 2011 that we kicked 10 goals in a quarter

Any one verify that ???
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

lazzadesilva wrote:
Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:Do we think Nick got three votes again today for the Brownlow?I certainly would have given him the three votes today.
Didn't get a vote from the ABC commentary team....good thing team wise, to spread the load
Who got the 3? Was it Adams?
'Twas as it turns out, Bruzzy for the 2 and Jamie with the 1
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Ronnie McKeowns boots

doriswilgus wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:Do we think Nick got three votes again today for the Brownlow?I certainly would have given him the three votes today.
Didn't get a vote from the ABC commentary team....good thing team wise, to spread the load
Really?It’s hard to believe there were three better players than him on the ground.
Well opinions are like arseholes Doris, as the saying so eloquently goes....
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

jonmac1954
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

They sure are Ronnie and that kid is the best player in the league at present.
Ronnie McKeowns boots

I was referring to Boomer Harvey on the ABC radio with that comment.

I am 100% certain that Nick is of the same mind of me; a dozen Brownlow's are not worth a premiership medal

jonmac1954
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

Couldn't care less about the Brownlow - with players being let off on possible suspensions while they are leading the comp the last couple of decades 'fairness' has nothing to do with it.
maurs64
Been liked: 1 time

Post by maurs64 »

Surely these days the more important award would be the MVP voted by all the players, rather than the umpires medal which seems now to only go to players that have the most possessions each year!
swooper
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by swooper »

Looks like we'll be playing Port on the rebound...Carlton smashing them right now. And I really wanted us to break their streak...
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

doriswilgus wrote:
Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote: Didn't get a vote from the ABC commentary team....good thing team wise, to spread the load
Really?It’s hard to believe there were three better players than him on the ground.
And some opinions are just patently wrong
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
piffdog
Been liked: 35 times

Post by piffdog »

lazzadesilva wrote:If we play like today against Port, we will get done for sure. Really about time we played 4 good quarters of football for a change.
?? Port being rolled by Carlton. We were good when it mattered most.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
piffdog
Been liked: 35 times

Post by piffdog »

maurs64 wrote:Surely these days the more important award would be the MVP voted by all the players, rather than the umpires medal which seems now to only go to players that have the most possessions each year!
While I agree that you want to be recognised by your peers, half the players don’t follow footy that closely!
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Ronnie McKeowns boots

lazzadesilva wrote:
doriswilgus wrote: Really?It’s hard to believe there were three better players than him on the ground.
And some opinions are just patently wrong

lazzadesilva
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Good to hear that. Adams was great value today.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️