The Voice vote:

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

My vote:

Yes
54%
No
38%
undecided leaning to yes
4%
undecided leaning to no
4%

Total votes: 24

stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

^
My understanding of why the Yes campaign isn't providing specific grainy detail is because it doesn't exist. If the Yes votes gets up, then it will be up to Parliament to legislate how it will all (initially) work. That's not being explained well at all.

When I first heard about The Voice I was against it as I thought it would be just another fkn ATSIC, but as I learned more about it, I changed my mind and now I'm a Yes voter.

I get that there's a number of different reasons why people might vote No, the least of which (despite the shrills from entitled Leftards) is being racist.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:^
My understanding of why the Yes campaign isn't providing specific grainy detail is because it doesn't exist. If the Yes votes gets up, then it will be up to Parliament to legislate how it will all (initially) work. That's not being explained well at all.

When I first heard about The Voice I was against it as I thought it would be just another fkn ATSIC, but as I learned more about it, I changed my mind and now I'm a Yes voter.

I get that there's a number of different reasons why people might vote No, the least of which (despite the shrills from entitled Leftards) is being racist.
well i have a major trust issue with that!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

That's fair enough, but the alternative if the vote goes No is that the Government will just legislate it anyway.

The only difference will be that firstly, the First Nations Peoples don't get recognition in the constitution and secondly, a future government could choose to remove the voice all together whereas if it's in the constitution it can't be removed but it's form can still be changed
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Bucks5
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Bucks5 »

It should be rebranded as the InVoice because the demands will carry a huge cost to the Government and tax payers alike.
How would Siri know when to answer "Hey Siri" unless it is listening in to everything you say?
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Bucks5 wrote:It should be rebranded as the InVoice because the demands will carry a huge cost to the Government and tax payers alike.
Will cost absolutely nothing to the government, because the Voice is a total fraud. The government will not spend a penny in addressing the social deprivation that afflicts the vast majority of the indigenous population. Instead, it is bribing a corrupt affluent layer of upper middle class indigenous academics, bureaucrats, entrepreneurs, lawyers to promote the voice and create the illusion that somehow voting ''yes'' for the voice is a way forward for the aboriginal people. As for the government, it is laughing all the way to the bank, because it pretends to be "concerned'' about the fate of the aboriginal population in this country, while spending nothing to address the third world conditions prevailing in so many Aboriginal communities.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

So if The Voice isn't the way to help fix the issues you outline, all of which are real and legit, what is? White people in parliament making decisions and spending more money on shit that don't work?
think positive

Post by think positive »

Is there any proof First Nation politicians will do any better? I do agree with you, not convinced it has the sincerity to work.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

So, has anyone changed their minds, either way?
think positive

Post by think positive »

Nup
think positive

Post by think positive »

Well I already did a while back!