Rescue from sub

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Rescue from sub

Post by lazzadesilva »

Five human beings are trapped inside a tiny submerged 13 kms deep in the ocean. I hope and pray for a positive outcome. It must be a truly terrifying experience in the pitch black environment. My heart bleeds for them.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Crazy bastards paid $250k US to down in that thing, I wouldn't have done it if you paid me double.

Assuming the hull is intact and hasn't imploded from the pressure, it would be a dead set horrible situation to be in, sitting there waiting for the air to run out. If they are rescued alive it will be nothing short of a miracle
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

the only way anyone lives now is if they kill the others first! it would be awful for sure, but surely, they knew the risks. ive more sympathy for the people lost in 93 or whatever the flight number was.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
lazzadesilva
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

stui magpie wrote:Crazy bastards paid $250k US to down in that thing, I wouldn't have done it if you paid me double.

Assuming the hull is intact and hasn't imploded from the pressure, it would be a dead set horrible situation to be in, sitting there waiting for the air to run out. If they are rescued alive it will be nothing short of a miracle
Yes I agree. I think the rescuers are going through the motions but logically I cannot get my head around how they can do this. I hope they can somehow.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
What'sinaname
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

They're out of time. They had oxygen to last to 8pm AEST, but really needed to be found by 5pm to allow for 3 hr to bring them to the surface.

So it's a recovery mission now otherwise five more souls in Davy Jones' Locker
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Imagine the search/recovery cost

Gees the whole thing from the sub to the running costs to the fares, to the end, I wonder if anything is insured?
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

think positive wrote:Imagine the search/recovery cost

Gees the whole thing from the sub to the running costs to the fares, to the end, I wonder if anything is insured?
Yep
Spent on trying to save 5 people. No such resources provided for attempting to save hundreds of refugees who drowned off the coast of Greece.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
What'sinaname
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Magpietothemax wrote:
think positive wrote:Imagine the search/recovery cost

Yep
Spent on trying to save 5 people. No such resources provided for attempting to save hundreds of refugees who drowned off the coast of Greece.
That's the difference between being lost off the USA / Canadian Coast vs Greece's Coast.

Greece's Coast Guard has been criticised over this.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Wreckage found, sub imploded not long after launch. They wouldn't have had more than a brief WTF moment.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

That’s probably the best news the families can get now.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Skids »

Lotsa money... no sense. A very common thing that has grown at a rapid rate in todays society. The protecting of morons and not allowing natural selection to perform as it once did will see humanity continue to be dumbed down as time passes by.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

It is.

How the hell do you send text messages in the middle of the ocean and 3km under water? :shock: :?

Sounds like they went down too fast, then tried to correct it and go back up but too slow and too late.

You have to wonder what the passengers were thinking as alerts were going off and the pilot trying to get them back up.

5 people sitting in a space the size of a queen size mattress, 1 tiny little window to see out of, most of the viewing done on computer monitors (which you could do at home) and they paid $250k each for that. **** that.
think positive

Post by think positive »

I feel sorry for the son who didn’t want to go in the first place, just awful. Hopefully it was just blink gone
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

They may have been a bit anxious with the sounds but one it breached it would have been all over in a fraction of a second.