Post Match. Hawks humble Pies . All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by shawthing »

Last edited by shawthing on Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Magpietothemax
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Haff wrote:
Hiss wrote:I am ok with these loses actually. Some really good stuff coming out of our younger players. I think our new game plan looks like producing some great results in the finals. In 2024 we will show some new form and surprise everyone. Very strong effort today in the ruck space. Bring on September!
Nooooooo. Season is over now. As is next season. You let me down Hiss.
Great Hiss. I get the irony.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Well, 2 losses in a row...not the end of the world but surely a wake up call.

Mitchell clearly needs a spell go give him one! If we cant sort out a centre set up with Adams as the main extractor than why is Adams in the team?

Big game against the Cats next week clearly; should Cox come in for Cameron? Cause he got his clock cleaned today.

Play Naicos off the back flank again, and give him the kick ins.

Losses to the Blues and hawks in consecutive weeks, feels like 1988 all over gain
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Collingwouldn't
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Collingwouldn't »

Hiss wrote:I am ok with these loses actually. Some really good stuff coming out of our younger players. I think our new game plan looks like producing some great results in the finals. In 2024 we will show some new form and surprise everyone. Very strong effort today in the ruck space. Bring on September!
Are you looking for the Hawthorn site?
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

LaurieHolden wrote:
stoliboy wrote:I hope there were no negative comments in the game-day thread.
Spelling improved.
Vitriol was up
Attacking fellow posters down.
Insight to the game and opposition the usual low standard.
Overall, a solid contribution from all concerned.
Haha but seriously I was very impressed with “ Attacking fellow posters down.” I didn’t notice any.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

I’m hoping (desperately) that the conditioning team have been bashing the shit out of the boys on the training track to have them peaking for the finals.

They looked flat last week and worse this week.

It’s not the team of two months ago.
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
Ronnie McKeowns boots

LaurieHolden wrote:
stoliboy wrote:I hope there were no negative comments in the game-day thread.
Spelling improved.
Vitriol was up
Attacking fellow posters down.
Insight to the game and opposition the usual low standard.
Overall, a solid contribution from all concerned.
Certainly a better (bitter?) effort than the playing group put in this week
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

dalyc
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

Funny, if the Cats win which I think they will well still be 2 matches clear.
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Carmichael in next week surely? Time to bring his grunt into the Centre square, Hawks should us what old fashioned G&D brings, and Carmichael has it in spades.

Perhaps Bianco in as well....he copes a lot of shit on here, but brings a consistency the team seems to be lacking

MAY-Z

Post by MAY-Z »

Cant remember if i have said this on here before but this reminds me a lot of Melbourne from last year, they were unbeatable the first 10 or so rounds last year, then were just a 50/50 side the rest of the season.

North melbourne nearly beat hawthorn a few weeks ago by manning sicily up, the fact we didnt today was poor as thats where 99% of hawthorns game plan comes from
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

That was our worst performance since round 9 last year.The players looked tired and couldn’t run,even in the first quarter.Something’s wrong.It seems like that Port Adelaide game has cooked both us and Port.We’ve both been terrible since that game.
simon tonna

Post by simon tonna »

Team looks cooked. Well done coach you have derailed this season by not managing our players properly. The time was right to rest players in the middle to late season now it’s too late. Fairytale is now a nightmare.
no second chances
Magpietothemax
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:Well, 2 losses in a row...not the end of the world but surely a wake up call.

Mitchell clearly needs a spell go give him one! If we cant sort out a centre set up with Adams as the main extractor than why is Adams in the team?

Big game against the Cats next week clearly; should Cox come in for Cameron? Cause he got his clock cleaned today.

Play Naicos off the back flank again, and give him the kick ins.

Losses to the Blues and hawks in consecutive weeks, feels like 1988 all over gain
Always thought this about Cameron: cannot play ruck by himself. He has always been accompanied by a second ruck. Today proved this. If you don't want Cox in, then you need Frampton in as well to take some of the ruck heat.
But main issue is how our midfield is being dominated. Mitchell desperately needs a rest, and I hope he is given that next week. It is such a pity that Finn McCrae has been injured, because he would be the natural in. Therefore, Carmichael gets his chance.Hopefully also Ginnivan has a cracker in the VFL, because I see him as still playing a role this year.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
What'sinaname
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Checkers being defended because he’s the leading goal kicker but has now been goalless in four out of the last five games.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.