Post Match. Hawks humble Pies . All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

think positive wrote:backs against the wall time guys,

time to **** em up

sometimes i hate footy, except my beloved pies. im so far away and i just want to be there for the boys. i would have stayed til the bitter end
This is an old chestnut that has been debated on Nick’s for years. I can honestly say that win, lose or draw, I have always stayed till the end. Even in the terrible wooden spoon season of 1976, I attended every game and stuck around. I don’t cast judgement on anyone else but I did it not to be great but because I wanted to. It worked out to be a huge life lesson that I have benefited from.
Last edited by lazzadesilva on Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

tbaker wrote:
Collingwouldn't wrote:
tbaker wrote: Source? The club?
The ABC:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-08-06/ ... /102694828
Yes, I think we're all up to speed by now. That information was released well after Mr. Miyagi's post, which likely was speculation from one of the footy shows (which I am hesitant to trust).
Apparently Dr Peter Larkins reckons a 6 week recovery for Nick Daicos is an optimistic scenario. :cry:
lazzadesilva
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Better to be realistically optimistic than to be unrealistically pessimistic.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
What'sinaname
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

^ of course it is. Nick wont play again this year
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

A bad weekend to be sure, but my word aren't there a bunch of Henny Penny's on this site?

He's not the Messiah, he's just a very good player. Perhaps having our back against the wall will address any hubris in the Club...certainly seems to have on here anyways.

With the injuries we will need ins, so todays lackluster performance is not ideal. But we can beat the Cats...although its a 50/50 game now I'd say
Last edited by Ronnie McKeowns boots on Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Did anyone because I did notice the hawthorn cheer squad raising their flags and stuff when Murphy and daicos went down like they scored a goal
They were cheering and was like a party when they crashed to the ground
Hawks are sick
ANNODAM
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by ANNODAM »

With the colours of shit & piss, they got nothing else to cheer about, what do you expect?
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by shawthing »

think positive wrote:aggghh im so pissed off! $$%^%%$ asswipe bont weill probably steal tyhe medal

Why? Bontempelli is not only a brilliant footballer but a class person as well. Why are Collingwood fans so bitter about great players at other clubs? The fact we usually don't recruit them?
shawthing

Post by shawthing »

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
With the injuries we will need ins,
Where from? We got comprehensively pants by a VFL side with no AFL players on their list. Frampton was withdrawn from the side, so obviously he's coming in for Murphy.
shawthing

Post by shawthing »

90 nice wrote:Did anyone because I did notice the hawthorn cheer squad raising their flags and stuff when Murphy and daicos went down like they scored a goal
Hawks are sick
And this is why Collingwood culture never changes. When things go wrong we blame everyone else but never look in the mirror. The simply reason is our list is not good enough or deep enough. The early run of form papered over a whole lot of cracks in our recruiting over the last decade. And let's face it, if it wasn't for Peter Daicos we'd have no hope for the next decade at all.
duke750

Post by duke750 »

I think there is a pi$$ed off Pies supporter living in Buderim QLD (apart from myself). I noticed today that the street sign for Hawthorn Ct has been ripped out of the ground. When I went past yesterday arvo it was upright.
Magpies forever.
First Colligwood game: Western Oval 1960
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

shawthing wrote:
think positive wrote:aggghh im so pissed off! $$%^%%$ asswipe bont weill probably steal tyhe medal

Why? Bontempelli is not only a brilliant footballer but a class person as well. Why are Collingwood fans so bitter about great players at other clubs? The fact we usually don't recruit them?
because i hate my hubbies bandwagon damn family who have only ever tolerated me they have had far more joy than they damn deserve, him included
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive

Post by think positive »

shawthing wrote:
90 nice wrote:Did anyone because I did notice the hawthorn cheer squad raising their flags and stuff when Murphy and daicos went down like they scored a goal
Hawks are sick
And this is why Collingwood culture never changes. When things go wrong we blame everyone else but never look in the mirror. The simply reason is our list is not good enough or deep enough. The early run of form papered over a whole lot of cracks in our recruiting over the last decade. And let's face it, if it wasn't for Peter Daicos we'd have no hope for the next decade at all.
hahaha your glorifying the wrong dfamily with your name
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

shawthing wrote:

Good post. Deserves it. Won’t be far behind Nick at this point of the count or at all..
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Leggie wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:We need to win 2 more to guarantee 1-2 finish because our percentage will fall under Brisbane. Melbourne will pass out percentage today after they demolish North.

Only chance of finishing 1 or 2 with just one win is defeating Brisbane. Fingers crossed Fremantle defeat the Lions today in Perth.

On form, it’s likely to be:

1. Melbourne
2. Brisbane
3. Collingwood
4. Port Adelaide

Royally cocked up our season the past two weeks.
Melbourne getting touched up by Nth
jinx