Game On! Pies v. Cats. Updates, all comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Donny
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 23 times

Game On! Pies v. Cats. Updates, all comments.

Post by Donny »

Collingwood v. Geelong

In: Billy Frampton, Will Hoskin-Elliott.

Sub: Jack Ginnivan

Out: Ash Johnson (Omitted), Nick Daicos, Steele Sidebottom (Injured).

C'morrrnnnnnnnnnnnn Maggies :D

Let's hear ya !!
Last edited by Donny on Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Changes from round 1.

Collingwood.
Out: Cox (6 disposals, 2 goals, 16 hit outs), N. Daicos (35 disposals), McInnes (4 disposals, 2.1 goals), Sidebottom (19 disposals)
In: Frampton, Lipinski, Ginnivan, Markov

**Howe was injured in this game and had 46% TOG

Geelong.
Out: *Bews (11 disposals), Blicavs (13 disposals, 5 hit outs), C. Guthrie (15 disposals), Hawkins (11 disposals, 2.2 goals, 4 hit outs), *Parfitt (5 disposals)
In: Kolodjashnij, Bowes, Duncan, Neale

* Named in the emergencies

** Tom Stewart was injured in this game and only had 12% TOG
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
piffdog
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by piffdog »

I think deKoning was injured in Rd 1 too wasn’t he and as a result didn’t really contribute?

No Hawkins is a relief, Rohan and Cameron still a worry for our backline who are a bit out of sorts at the moment.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
derkd
Been liked: 20 times

Post by derkd »

Not sure who wins this game, I just really want a better effort than what has been offered in the last couple of weeks.

This is a chance for Collingwood to show they are not just the 'Diacos show'.

Anyway good luck Pies.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
What'sinaname
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Well this game will tell us if we're a serious threat. Given the pressure and everything Fly has said about getting back to hunting, it's a must win game. We've built ourselves up so there will be no excuses.

Lose this one, and the season is done.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

^ Lose this one and we're far from done. At worst, we'll still be a game clear on top. Not that I'd be content with a loss but let's not get too carried away with the hyperbole lol
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
npalm
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by npalm »

Am I missing something? We were smashed in the midfield last week and we've lost two midfielders due to injury but we've only included one mid in the "ins" to replace them. Doesn't seem to make sense.
Side by side.
derkd
Been liked: 20 times

Post by derkd »

I was pretty underwhelmed with the 'ins' for this game. Was a chance i thought to mix things up and bring in some fresh faces from the VFL...reward effort etc...aside from Ginnivan its a bit rinse and repeat.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

A game clear means nothing. This is the week we find out if we can go all the way. All but end the cats season and cement top 2. Show the comp we just had a few down weeks. Show the comp we are more than a 20yo kid.
Lose, I’m going overseas for September, there’s no point hanging around.
Few eyebrows raised in selection for me. I can only think that Murphy won’t get up but we’ve played our best footy with Frampton in the side.
If he’s playing fwd, I don’t see it.
Anyway, nervous day today!
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
rosspies

Post by rosspies »

Collingwood please bring intense Manic pressure for four quarters. I am sure you will see the rewards.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

npalm wrote:Am I missing something? We were smashed in the midfield last week and we've lost two midfielders due to injury but we've only included one mid in the "ins" to replace them. Doesn't seem to make sense.
I’m hoping we’re foxing and we’re saving some surprises for the finals.
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

IF ...

the Collingwood sun didn't come up last Sunday morning, as the trauma of a second consecutive loss was being dealt with at the same time the adverse Nick Daicos knee diagnosis came through ...

THEN ...

it managed to poke its way above the horizon on subsequent days. After 20 of 23 matches in the 2023 season, Pies are two games clear atop the ladder and have the competition's best percentage. Life is still more than OK.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Fly said we analyzed completely the Hawks loss, and some powerful lessons were taken out of it. Time to hit back hard, get back to what we do, mass presssure, tacklles, gang tackles, attack in waves, back to chaos football. Im expecting a 40% lift in intensity from all our players. Frampton and Ginni are good ins, Ginni will be rearing to go, and he does annoy the Cats, distracts em. First 10 mins will tell us if we have come to play, and I reckon we will. Thi is a must win to get season back on track. Woods by 22 points.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

^wish I shared your optimism PnC. Personally I think Ginni is a massive chance to not be on our list post next season. “Trade for more opportunities” when really, he doesn’t have it.
Still a kid. A lot of water under that bridge. Gun to my head, that’s my bet.

Hope you’re right. Need this shot in the arm. Been a very bleak week footy wise.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Haff wrote:^wish I shared your optimism PnC. Personally I think Ginni is a massive chance to not be on our list post next season. “Trade for more opportunities” when really, he doesn’t have it.
Still a kid. A lot of water under that bridge. Gun to my head, that’s my bet.

Hope you’re right. Need this shot in the arm. Been a very bleak week footy wise.

Ginni will stay mate, too much potential there. I forgot to mention, two players that MUST stand up tonight are Checkers and Mitchell, both been pretty below average for some weeks now, and Darcy must get back to his intercepting, attacking style, no Hawkins helps, I guess he takes Cameron and Howe gets that dork Rohan. Yes, this is a true line in the sand match, time to hit back hard :)
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.