Ladder predictor 2023

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

My current top 8 prediction after playing around with the ladder predictor on the AFL website.

1. Collingwood
2. Melbourne
3. Port Adelaide
4. Brisbane Lions
5. Carlton
6. Western Bulldogs
7. Geelong
8. Adelaide
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Melb 68
Bris 68
Coll 68
Port 68
Geel 54
WB 52
GWS 52
Carl 50

Dees get Oliver back and Grundy will allow Gawn to manage his minutes and freshen up before finals.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

COLL 76

PORT 68

BL 64

MELB 60

WB 52

GWS 52

GEEL 50

CARL 50
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

We win tonight we sew up top 2.

Like to play Port week 1 QF MCG.

Providing we win tonight.

But we have lions next so do not want to have rely on these games to do it.

Do it tonight.

I think Dees and Pies top 2 then Lions and Port.

Dog to take 5 then blues cats and out of the sydney teams to take out 8th.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

Well, all we need now is for Adelaide or Carlton to win tomorrow night to confirm a top two spot (obviously would much prefer Adelaide).

Geelong now need to win their last two matches to play finals. Under most scenarios, that will be sufficient for them as their two opponents are currently placed 6th and 7th and several teams above or around them are playing each other. Lose either and I think we can stick a fork in them.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

Ideally we need to avoid melbourne in the qualifying final. Lose that and we likely have carlton. Win that and it's brjsbane at the gabba
Buon Giorno
David

Post by David »

Melbourne go down to Carlton. Top 2 and home qualifying final locked in for us.

And the bad news: Carlton are playing finals! :cry:
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Top 2 is now a certainty.
Pete 70
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Pete 70 »

Carro says hi.
Top 2.
Watching the Geel game again. Third quarter. Toying with them. Excited.
Hope Geel miss the finals. So that Oliver can have a consolation beer with Hiss in early September
Dispatches from a foreign land
David

Post by David »

Gold Coast are officially out of the running today (and Fremantle already mathematically done), while Carlton all but confirmed a top 8 spot tonight. Otherwise, there are still eight teams in the running for the last three spots in the top 8. Richmond need to beat St Kilda tomorrow to still be any chance, but everyone else is still a decent prospect so long as they keep winning.

Here’s an updated prediction:

5. Carlton 54
6. Western Bulldogs 52
7. GWS 52
8. Geelong 50
9. Sydney 50
10. Adelaide 48
11. St Kilda 48
12. Essendon 44
13. Richmond 42

Hawthorn vs Western Bulldogs, Sydney vs Melbourne and Carlton vs GWS are the hardest ones to call (I’ve tipped Bulldogs, Swans and Giants). If two of those games go the other way then it looks like Adelaide makes it. St Kilda and Essendon are more outside chances and probably need at least one or two upsets to go their way.
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

What'sinaname wrote:Melb 68
Bris 68
Coll 68
Port 68
Geel 54
WB 52
GWS 52
Carl 50

Dees get Oliver back and Grundy will allow Gawn to manage his minutes and freshen up before finals.
Don't worry, Melb only need to win 3 of their last 2 to end up top
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ Agreed. I have Melbourne finishing 9 games clear on top. What I did that none of you others have done is I went back and predicted the result of every match for 2023 afresh. That way, you get to predict without being troubled by temporary things like in-season form.
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

Pies4shaw wrote:^ Agreed. I have Melbourne finishing 9 games clear on top. What I did that none of you others have done is I went back and predicted the result of every match for 2023 afresh. That way, you get to predict without being troubled by temporary things like in-season form.
With Grundy back that's a lock!

May have played his last game for the Dee's? He looked terrible.
Buon Giorno
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

David wrote:Melbourne go down to Carlton. Top 2 and home qualifying final locked in for us.

And the bad news: Carlton are playing finals! :cry:

Yeh , some commentators going ape shit over the Bluescum, some saying they can win the flag from fifth. ! Granted they have won 8 in row, but had shit easy game v Eagles prior to playing us, stuffed from the Port close match, they fell in against the Saints who had them on the ropes , they were very lucky last night, re umpires call last goal. that was a goal, should have lost. The Dogs in 2016 was a one off, also, very rare for that to happen, Finals are different, far more pressure, so talk of a Scum flag is pure fantasy, I reckon. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
David

Post by David »

Sydney in the box seat now after the Bulldogs' loss to Hawthorn. (Bulldogs can still make it, but will most likely need to beat Geelong in Geelong in the final round to qualify, in which case the Cats are the ones who miss out.)