Qualifying Final. Magpies v. Demons. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Hiss
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Hiss »

I can’t see us beating Melbourne on their favourite home ground , the MCG. No home ground advantage for us. If we do beat them, then we are a serious chance this year. Lose and heads should role!
I love this club and I hold anyone in contempt who does not think it is worth fighting for.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Ugh not happy with Thursday, but at least we get an extra two days over Melbourne. Going to suck with work, school and travel though.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Hiss wrote:. Lose and heads should role!
Aren’t you just a preserved head in a jar, Hiss?
stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by stoliboy »

West Australian reporting that it is a Thursday game.

A snapshot of round 24 of the AFL season
https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/a-snap ... 720167.amp

WHAT'S NEXT: Minor premiers Collingwood open the finals series on Thursday, September 7 against Melbourne. Carlton will host an elimination final on Friday night, with the Brisbane-Port Adelaide qualifying final and the St Kilda-Sydney elimination final to be played on Saturday. The AFL will confirm the Saturday match details on Monday morning.
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies2016 »

According to John Ralph, Melksham has an ACL injury. Season over and likely to be replaced by Tom McDonald who played well in VFL wildcard round today.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

More concerned about May, Lever and Petracca who killed us last time. We need a defensive forward whose role is to take May out of the game.
partypie

Post by partypie »

Pies2016 wrote:According to John Ralph, Melksham has an ACL injury. Season over and likely to be replaced by Tom McDonald who played well in VFL wildcard round today.
Listening to the game on the radio it sounded that Melb played better once Melksham went off injured
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Collingwood to belt dees and win well by 26 points
rad

Post by rad »

Kings birthday we lost by 4 points even though Melbourne had the game played their own way.

We did have a last quarter run as we did every game during that period.

Grundy actually played well and scored a couple from memory. Won’t be there next game.

We actually should have learned so much from that defeat. If we kick to May and Leaver again and play down the line as we did like last time and lose in the same manner then that’s inexcusable.

We know 100% how they want to play us and try and slow us down.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Mr Miyagi wrote:More concerned about May, Lever and Petracca who killed us last time. We need a defensive forward whose role is to take May out of the game.

OK, now im going to get flayed for this, but heres a suggestion from me. Today I watched most of our VFL match, Punt rd, and we smashed the Tigers. I must say I was very impressed with Krueger, his game was superb, four goals, an assisted others, was a brute force up forward. NOW, I know there are some, more that a few, who are not all that impressed by McStays output, he seems to cop a bit of flak here, If you are one of em, how would you feel, if say, McStay did little in the Qual final (but we still won) and we omitted hm for the PF with Krueger, bring in the Beast now ? Yeh, I know hes bit injury prone, bu ti it worth a shot, see how he goes next to Checkers and co ? My son reckons at 24, hes m ore a project for next season, not now, and we keep McStay in. Im not so sure, Just thought id ask the question, see what you guys, think. :? :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Take_a_Screamer
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Last edited by Take_a_Screamer on Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

rad wrote:Kings birthday we lost by 4 points even though Melbourne had the game played their own way.

We did have a last quarter run as we did every game during that period.

Grundy actually played well and scored a couple from memory. Won’t be there next game.

We actually should have learned so much from that defeat. If we kick to May and Leaver again and play down the line as we did like last time and lose in the same manner then that’s inexcusable.

We know 100% how they want to play us and try and slow us down.

Yes, and we has six key players out that day, to their one. Melb fell in, we even kicked one more goal. The Toffs dont scare me, one iota , NO way Jose. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
KenH

Post by KenH »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Ugh not happy with Thursday, but at least we get an extra two days over Melbourne. Going to suck with work, school and travel though.
Agree hate the idea of playing Thursday night, I have to be up at 4am Friday for work, what is wrong with Friday night, Sat arvo, Sat night and a Sunday game?
Cheers big ears
Take_a_Screamer
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

^ I think Kreuger might also have a chance to come in the team...
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

The line is only 1.5 was thinking much more than that on the Sportsbet amazing that we are this close to Melbourne was thinking 13.5