Game Day. Magpies v. Demons. Late changes, comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

jonmac1954
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

Born to Pie wrote:
jonmac1954 wrote:Whisper is Noble is sub . . . interesting - line breaking speed instead of forward smarts if true.
People reporting on a facebook site that Noble is doing the warm-up
Well if true this is Nobes time . . .

They played through him last time and we got toasted coming out of defense.'

If he can win or halve his contests this evening it will be a huge step forward for us and an immense confidence boost for Nobes.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Mind games? Been the plan all along? Ginni dropped or someone else? Why is the line to the MCG toilets so long, game hasn’t even started?
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

If so, wow. What a rollercoaster for him!
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
jonmac1954
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

Definitely mind games going on.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

No late changes according to the official AFL Twitter account...

https://twitter.com/AFL/status/1699699441924792690
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

MCG update I’m here now level 2 mcc wing had have got a great view of everything from my seats indoors
No sign of any Collingwood player warming up but did happen to see Carmichael and McRae having a light jog around the mcg boundary in their tracksuits
Bucketing down now as well
Even starting to puddle up a tad
Be a saturated deck if this persists for another hour
Except moonsoon type conditions
Slippery and set in
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

90 nice wrote:MCG update I’m here now level 2 mcc wing had have got a great view of everything from my seats indoors
No sign of any Collingwood player warming up but did happen to see Carmichael and McRae having a light jog around the mcg boundary in their tracksuits
Bucketing down now as well
Even starting to puddle up a tad
Be a saturated deck if this persists for another hour
Except moonsoon type conditions
Slippery and set in
We give you shit but good on ya for being there and supporting our mighty club. Carn the Maggies!!!!
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

It’s pouring, but I’m here.

Let’s DO THIS! ⚫️⚪️⚫️⚪️
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Brown26
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Brown26 »

Glad to hear 90 nice - I’m on the train but on my way :p Cox to get 10 goal assists to Hill on the deck then ;)

Go Pies!! :)
- Ben
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Raw Hammer wrote:
piedys wrote:
Hm wrote:I imagine we can as long as we juggle from the list of emergencies, we announced the sub early but could change.

The weather is very windy and a change is in progress ATM, in line with yesterdays forecast so I expect they considered the weather when selecting the team.
I'd hope the team isn't selected based on a weather forecast?

Horses for Courses as they say, even if we decide at the last possible minute...
Huh??? weather is literally a horses for courses strategy
Yes, BUT point being selecting two ruckmen is the dry course strategy, as selected the night prior.
If it's pissing down sideways as i'm led to believe, then you'd think one ruckman was the wet course strategy?

So WTactualF is going to happen?
A wrong decision either way might give Melbourne one smaller player than us in wet and wild slop, which may very well prove decisive in such conditions?
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

Thunder and lightning! :shock:

If that hits the ground during play, they'll have to stop. (Not safe to play on.)

Happened in a Melbourne game couple of years ago. And also when light towers blew vs. Brissy this year. (So maybe they'd have the advantage? Experienced it before!)
Last edited by K on Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robevpau1

Post by robevpau1 »

The AFL is on standby for potential lightning tonight. If it is within 10km of the stadium the game would be stopped for a minimum of 20 minutes. Then it would recommence when safe. There is no cut off to restarting the game. Footy boss Laura Kane would make the call ~ Jon Ralph @FOXFOOTY.
piedys

Post by piedys »

Mr Miyagi wrote: Why is the line to the MCG toilets so long, game hasn’t even started?
Because fans from both sides are just shitting themselves? :)

Totally acceptable with anxiety levels such as these!
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

piedys wrote:...
Yes, BUT point being selecting two ruckmen is the dry course strategy, as selected the night prior.
If it's pissing down sideways as i'm led to believe, then you'd think one ruckman was the wet course strategy?

So WTactualF is going to happen?
A wrong decision either way might give Melbourne one smaller player than us in wet and wild slop, which may very well prove decisive in such conditions?
If there's lightning the tallest dude is most likely to be hit. :shock:

Cox sit down so it's Gawn?! :twisted:
piedys

Post by piedys »

robevpau1 wrote:The AFL is on standby for potential lightning tonight. If it is within 10km of the stadium the game would be stopped for a minimum of 20 minutes. Then it would recommence when safe.
There is no cut off to restarting the game. Footy boss Laura Kane would make the call ~ Jon Ralph @FOXFOOTY.
Please; just to illustrate what a bugeyed utter f@kctard Mclaughlin is for scheduling a thursday night final.

If there's a way to ruin the games/fixtures, he'll find it.