Post Match. Pies demolish Dees. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by Pies2016 »

I think the first thing we need to do when looking at this game, is to acknowledge the oppositions strengths and understand it’s noted as a strength for a reason. The Dees just don’t give up scores when they’re on ( last three opponents were Blues, Hawks and Swans in Sydney and average scores kicked by them was 59 points )
On a wet and very windy night, we also only managed 60 points but got the job done. Point being, I’m confident we have higher scores in us against other opposition and I’ve seen enough to suggest our last few games were more about experimentation and preservation than they were a mini form slump.
As of right now, we couldn’t be better placed on so many fronts. A healthy injury profile, the only games we play from now on will be held at the G and our likely next opponent to be a team who hasn’t beaten us this year.
There’s no guarantees in any finals series but I see no reason why we shouldn’t be feeling confident about what lies ahead in September.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
aus50ford
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by aus50ford »

Haff wrote:
think positive wrote:
He jumped to smother the kick, not the player,should be nothing
And, per my comments, I think they will adjudicate that with a player running at you and you jump to smother you still have a duty of care. Hope I’m wrong.
So what, you just step out of his way ??
I don't have a snappy catch phrase
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

mudlark wrote:WELL WELL!! A glaring omission in the comments here, that being Mr HISS!! Bagged us all week and told us how we would be thrashed by an obviously better Dreamon team , one which he will be able to enjoy unlimited access to next week when they take on the Swannettes and he can cheer them on to his hearts content. My only regret is that we didn't beat them by the 4 goal margin I had predicted. Let's hear ya Hiss!! GO PIES!!
Who?
Crimson Mask

Post by Crimson Mask »

Morons like Hiss are the reason why I post here very very infrequently.

Always thought that he was just a parody like that bot that used to parrot responses from other posters.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

aus50ford wrote:
Haff wrote:
think positive wrote:
And, per my comments, I think they will adjudicate that with a player running at you and you jump to smother you still have a duty of care. Hope I’m wrong.
And ask if they want a cup of tea and scones and if you can do anything else for them and watch them run past.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

IS whinger Goodwin related to the whining Scott bros ? All the dickhead did post match was whinge, whinge, bitch, whinge, says if his team kicked straight, they win by 20 plus points, HEY FRUITCKE IF ME AUNTY HAD BALLS, SHED BE ME UNCLE. -we missed easy goals too, earlier in the match, Jamie missed some sodas, he always gets, had we kicked straighter, earlier, we would have gone to an 8 goal lead, easy, but we missed easy goals to. ! Then this whinger dropped Maynard right in it, usually coaches just say, its up to the tribunal or MRP, not me. Hey Goody, you sore loser, why not pick Grundy next match, the player you said, " Hes at a club that really cares for him now" , well dork, I saw him pathetically sittng in the MCC with a Deeees scarf on him, so why dont you select him, next week, Mr bad loser. ??
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

With all those finals matches payed at the MCG in a short time,
the ground should take a bit of spin by the time we are there next :D
(no pun intended)
Crimson Mask wrote:Morons like Hiss are the reason why I post here very very infrequently.
Why has Hiss gone quiet, oh I know it's 'cause Hiss turned to Piss, haha
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Piesnchess wrote:IS whinger Goodwin related to the whining Scott bros ? All the dickhead did post match was whinge, whinge, bitch, whinge, says if his team kicked straight, they win by 20 plus points, HEY FRUITCKE IF ME AUNTY HAD BALLS, SHED BE ME UNCLE. -we missed easy goals too, earlier in the match, Jamie missed some sodas, he always gets, had we kicked straighter, earlier, we would have gone to an 8 goal lead, easy, but we missed easy goals to. ! Then this whinger dropped Maynard right in it, usually coaches just say, its up to the tribunal or MRP, not me. Hey Goody, you sore loser, why not pick Grundy next match, the player you said, " Hes at a club that really cares for him now" , well dork, I saw him pathetically sittng in the MCC with a Deeees scarf on him, so why dont you select him, next week, Mr bad loser. ??
The probably said similar things in '58 when we broke their run :D
Get back on top.
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

Mr Miyagi wrote:
aus50ford wrote:
Haff wrote: And, per my comments, I think they will adjudicate that with a player running at you and you jump to smother you still have a duty of care. Hope I’m wrong.
And ask if they want a cup of tea and scones and if you can do anything else for them and watch them run past.
I agree. Wholeheartedly. Just posting about what I think will happen. We’ll know in 5 hours.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

Cam wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:IS whinger Goodwin related to the whining Scott bros ? All the dickhead did post match was whinge, whinge, bitch, whinge, says if his team kicked straight, they win by 20 plus points, HEY FRUITCKE IF ME AUNTY HAD BALLS, SHED BE ME UNCLE. -we missed easy goals too, earlier in the match, Jamie missed some sodas, he always gets, had we kicked straighter, earlier, we would have gone to an 8 goal lead, easy, but we missed easy goals to. ! Then this whinger dropped Maynard right in it, usually coaches just say, its up to the tribunal or MRP, not me. Hey Goody, you sore loser, why not pick Grundy next match, the player you said, " Hes at a club that really cares for him now" , well dork, I saw him pathetically sittng in the MCC with a Deeees scarf on him, so why dont you select him, next week, Mr bad loser. ??
The probably said similar things in '58 when we broke their run :D

True, Ron Barassi still hates us from 1958 GF when Hooker Harrison tore him to shreds , he never got over that. Goodwin is a real Barassi type now. :P
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

doriswilgus wrote:
think positive wrote:
Haff wrote:Re Maynard, slept (although not much, too pumped) on it and re watched it. I really think he’s in trouble. The grading is simple, he’s off to the tribunal regardless of intension facing at least 3 weeks because it’s clearly severe impact.

MC will not risk the wrath of the world by saying it’s a footy act. If he does we should be buying the guy dinner for the rest of his life. At BEST he will send it to the tribunal without a ruling which he has done before. I think that’s the best we can realistically hope for. He’s not brave, he won’t set the presedent here given all the focus on the head.

For mine, Maynard jumped, the precedent is clear, once you jump you’re responsible for the impacts there after. A footy act is taking a screamer then falling across the oppositions head. I don’t think a defensive act will be covered.

It’s shit, but at least Noble gets his shot at being a premiership player. Hope I’m wrong.
I agree.It was 100% pure accident,the sort of thing that happens in football all the time,I would be shocked if Maynard goes for this.Even if he is suspended I reckon it will be overturned at the appeals tribunal.
thats what common sense should dictate for sure!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

think positive wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
think positive wrote: He jumped to smother the kick, not the player,should be nothing
I agree.It was 100% pure accident,the sort of thing that happens in football all the time,I would be shocked if Maynard goes for this.Even if he is suspended I reckon it will be overturned at the appeals tribunal.

T P , did you photograph the Maynard incident, Bruzza could maybe use your excellent vision ? :o :P

Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

I always thought Hiss was a spoof account
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

Piesnchess wrote:
think positive wrote:
doriswilgus wrote: I agree.It was 100% pure accident,the sort of thing that happens in football all the time,I would be shocked if Maynard goes for this.Even if he is suspended I reckon it will be overturned at the appeals tribunal.

T P , did you photograph the Maynard incident, Bruzza could maybe use your excellent vision ? :o :P
nope only the aftermath unfortunately. im editing now xx
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

Haff wrote:Re Maynard, slept (although not much, too pumped) on it and re watched it. I really think he’s in trouble. The grading is simple, he’s off to the tribunal regardless of intension facing at least 3 weeks because it’s clearly severe impact.

MC will not risk the wrath of the world by saying it’s a footy act. If he does we should be buying the guy dinner for the rest of his life. At BEST he will send it to the tribunal without a ruling which he has done before. I think that’s the best we can realistically hope for. He’s not brave, he won’t set the presedent here given all the focus on the head.

For mine, Maynard jumped, the precedent is clear, once you jump you’re responsible for the impacts there after. A footy act is taking a screamer then falling across the oppositions head. I don’t think a defensive act will be covered.

It’s shit, but at least Noble gets his shot at being a premiership player. Hope I’m wrong.
By all of your reasoning Cam Rayner should have been suspended for 3 weeks for his hit on Jakob Ryan who was concussed as a result of:

1. Off the ground
2. High contact
3. Severe impact
- Side By Side -