Post Match. Pies demolish Dees. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

slangman wrote:
Haff wrote:Re Maynard, slept (although not much, too pumped) on it and re watched it. I really think he’s in trouble. The grading is simple, he’s off to the tribunal regardless of intension facing at least 3 weeks because it’s clearly severe impact.

MC will not risk the wrath of the world by saying it’s a footy act. If he does we should be buying the guy dinner for the rest of his life. At BEST he will send it to the tribunal without a ruling which he has done before. I think that’s the best we can realistically hope for. He’s not brave, he won’t set the presedent here given all the focus on the head.

For mine, Maynard jumped, the precedent is clear, once you jump you’re responsible for the impacts there after. A footy act is taking a screamer then falling across the oppositions head. I don’t think a defensive act will be covered.

It’s shit, but at least Noble gets his shot at being a premiership player. Hope I’m wrong.
By all of your reasoning Cam Rayner should have been suspended for 3 weeks for his hit on Jakob Ryan who was concussed as a result of:

1. Off the ground
2. High contact
3. Severe impact
Act of making vs a spoil. But I agree. I’d be using similar examples. Someone going for a big mark then collecting a player is a football act. The argument comes down to, was it careless or a football act. Dunno. I’m expecting 3 weeks.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

Hypothetically, if Maynard got a fingertip on the ball and then collected Brayshaw would that influence the outcome?….

The footage shows Maynard more so landing on Brayshaw than cannoning into him as Pickett did with his hit on Bailey Smith earlier this year. Pickett ONLY received a two game suspension which was a far worse act than Maynards.
- Side By Side -
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

^that would be interesting wouldn’t it. What would happen if he fully smothered it then braced for impact?
Don’t envy MC at all here.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by piffdog »

slangman wrote:
Haff wrote:
slangman wrote: By all of your reasoning Cam Rayner should have been suspended for 3 weeks for his hit on Jakob Ryan who was concussed as a result of:

1. Off the ground
2. High contact
3. Severe impact
Act of making vs a spoil. But I agree. I’d be using similar examples. Someone going for a big mark then collecting a player is a football act. The argument comes down to, was it careless or a football act. Dunno. I’m expecting 3 weeks.
Hypothetically, if Maynard got a fingertip on the ball and then collected Brayshaw would that influence the outcome?….

The footage shows Maynard more so landing on Brayshaw than cannoning into him as Pickett did with his hit on Bailey Smith earlier this year. Pickett ONLY received a two game suspension which was a far worse act than Maynards.
… Except Pickett’s ‘victim’ got up and played on from memory. Like it or not, Brayshaw getting stretchered off will have some bearing.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Pete 70
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Pete 70 »

It’s pretty cool right now. I am looking forward to the swans game tonight but more importantly to re-watching last night. Pretty excited about the next three weeks
Dispatches from a foreign land
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

I don't want to be 'that' (insensitive) guy, but does Brayshaw's concussion history mean Maynard's incidental contact would likely not have knocked out another opponent?
Est. 2002
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Definitely added to the drama and treating it as more serious than it was, the reactions and commentary especially. Also, apparently the telecast showed Jordy limping off at the same time as Brayshaw knocked out without any video of Maynard, and some people thought Jordy had done it.
Woods

Post by Woods »

Raw Hammer wrote:I don't want to be 'that' (insensitive) guy, but does Brayshaw's concussion history mean Maynard's incidental contact would likely not have knocked out another opponent?
You could slam a dunny door and Brayshaw would drop to his knees with concussion. Long history of it. Blokes's not fit for purpose. Shouldn't play. Slightest knock and he goes down like a sack of turds.
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

Woods wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:I don't want to be 'that' (insensitive) guy, but does Brayshaw's concussion history mean Maynard's incidental contact would likely not have knocked out another opponent?
You could slam a dunny door and Brayshaw would drop to his knees with concussion. Long history of it. Blokes's not fit for purpose. Shouldn't play. Slightest knock and he goes down like a sack of turds.
I think you’re pretty safe Hammer. I think Woods has the award for ‘insensitive guy of the year’ all wrapped up after that post!
Last edited by Damien on Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
Woods

Post by Woods »

Damien wrote:
Woods wrote:
I think you’re pretty safe Hammer. I think Woods has the award for ‘insensitive guy of the year’ all wrapped up after that post!
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by shawthing »

Mr Miyagi wrote:I always thought Hiss was a spoof account
Mark my word Hiss always was and is Eddie McGuire having some fun.
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by shawthing »

Dunno, but it sure as heck says that those stupid bicycle helmets do NOTHING. Some people have crystal skulls (the boxers' proverbial glass jaw).
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

For the preliminary ill select a line up like this:

FB: Frampton Moore Quaynor
CB: Maynard Murphy Crisp
C: Josh Daicos Pendles Nick Daicos
CF: Hill Checkers McCreery
FF: Elliott McStay Adams
R: Cox JDG Mitchell
INT: Cameron WHE Side Howe
SUB: Ginny

If Maynard is rubbed out then Howe takes his spot on CB and Lipinski comes in.

Good to have Nick back as well.
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

If Maynard goes I’d be pretty surprised if Johnny Noble didn’t get a recall.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

Yep, it’d be Daicos in for Lipinski, Noble in for Maynard I reckon. Reckon Ginnivan will be starting 22 for the prelim too.

I know a lot of us were wrong about Lipinski being dropped for the Qualifying Final, which suggests that the selection committee rates him more than the fans, but the stats don’t lie that he was one of our least effective contributors last night, and he’s hardly playing a unique role. So surely must be on thin ice now.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange