Post Match. Pies demolish Dees. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

K wrote:Yep, Doris, they have no forward line... But Fritsch is usually deadly accurate.

It's not unlucky when they don't get I50 marks. It is unlucky they stuffed up the shots so badly.

Also unlucky with injuries to Petty, Melksham, McDonald, Fritsch. (Last two are back, of course. But McDonald so rusty, he looked almost as bad as Grundy. Almost.) Petty kicked a lazy 6 his first time forward. Next week, season-ending injury. And Melksham made them much better. Last week, possibly career-ending ACL injury.

Cry me a river, our Magpies have been decimated by mass injuries for yrs, I cannot once recall Bucks having an injury free healthy list. And it carried on into Finals too. This is the first real season we have had a good run with injuries, aside from Howe and Naicos. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

^ It wasn't luck. (Not totally luck.) Bad injury management vs good injury management. The good injury management these two McFly years just highlights the bad injury management most of the previous decade.

We were right. (Folks here who posted about the bad fitness and conditioning program in the Buckley era.)
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

K wrote:^ It wasn't luck. (Not totally luck.) Bad injury management vs good injury management. The good injury management these two McFly years just highlights the bad injury management most of the previous decade.

We were right. (Folks here who posted about the bad fitness and conditioning program in the Buckley era.)

Soooo on that basis, thus the Deees have bad fitness and conditioning programs too, now, correct , like with Oliver, also. ?? You proved your own point. :shock:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
K

Post by K »

D. Barrett:

"IF ...

Jake Melksham plays on Thursday night against the Pies ...

THEN ...

the Dees win. If Harrison Petty plays, they probably win, too. Forward line problems leading to woe. Could be in a prelim final, and now not guaranteed to make it past a semi-final."

(afl.com.au)
K

Post by K »

Piesnchess wrote:
K wrote:^ It wasn't luck. (Not totally luck.) Bad injury management vs good injury management. The good injury management these two McFly years just highlights the bad injury management most of the previous decade.

Soooo on that basis, thus the Deees have bad fitness and conditioning programs too, now, correct , like with Oliver, also. ?? You proved your own point. :shock:
Dunno 'bout Melbourne. I haven't cared enough about their fitness program to pay much attention.

The Oliver thing has been huge news. Dunno if that was managed well or not.

But I can tell you who has an atrocious fitness program... The club that hired our old fitness guy. I'm still gobsmacked they hired him. :shock:
That's been in the media all year too. Players cramping up. Not running out games. Getting blown away in Q4. Wow... Did they hire him just to save money to pay their expensive coach? :?:
swooper
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by swooper »

inxs88 wrote:Casual Observations:

1. It was our "B and C Graders" that were the difference last night
2. We dominated the scoreboard for the first three quarters
3. Parked the bus in last quarter
4. Forced Melbourne into back-foot rushed disposals
5. WHE played best game of his career
6. Backline supreme obviously
7. Got little out of Elliott, Lipinski, McCreery, Jaicos
8. Melbourne's got NO forward line!!!
9. Degoey's inability to dominate centre clearances is a huge worry
10. How good is waking up Friday today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yup good summary
slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

K wrote:D. Barrett:

"IF ...

Jake Melksham plays on Thursday night against the Pies ...

THEN ...

the Dees win. If Harrison Petty plays, they probably win, too. Forward line problems leading to woe. Could be in a prelim final, and now not guaranteed to make it past a semi-final."

(afl.com.au)
If Nick Daicos plays we win by 40pts+ even if Petty and Melksham played.
- Side By Side -
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

shawthing wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:I always thought Hiss was a spoof account
Mark my word Hiss always was and is Eddie McGuire having some fun.
No. Much closer to home is Hiss
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
uncanny
Been liked: 12 times

Post by uncanny »

Meredith1965 wrote:
Haff wrote:^that would be interesting wouldn’t it. What would happen if he fully smothered it then braced for impact?
Don’t envy MC at all here.
MC and/or the tribunal just needs to show some balls and accept that ordinary football acts which were not intended to make contact with the player are part of the game and not an offence. Suspension cannot be as a result of ordinary play, otherwise it is a lottery and a travesty of justice.
agreed

focus on the intent of the player who caused the injury rather than the outcome. Sometimes players will get hurt in the contest of this tough game.
woodsmen rule
Marvelos

Post by Marvelos »

I’m concerned with our lack of ‘killer’ instinct, we’ve been the same since the early Bucks days, shit, even the MM days, we get our lead and coast, drives me nuts, the boys packed up shop last night because they were scared to lose a game winning lead, a lead that was built on bold attacking football, I fear if they don’t get it through their damn heads that you never stop playing this year will go down along side all the others.

We didn’t win last night, Melbourne lost, we were fking lucky, winning Tatts without buying a ticket lucky!

Also, de Goey is the most overrated player in the comp, he hasn’t come on, Petracca gave him an absolute bath and De Goey is our Petracca.

Drop Johnny Noble fine, I guess Josh Daicos can expect to be dropped in the prelim, he has been woeful the last 2 games, teams are putting time into him now and he can’t handle it, that attention probably turns to Nick now, I’d play JN ahead of Josh ATM, that obviously won’t happen but surely JN gives us more than fking Lipinski!

Cameron is also on my shit list, i understand playing him against Melbourne but it didn’t work, surely his campaign has come to an end, Frampton comes in for mine.

Bruz! We all know they’re going to throw the book at him, we will have to go to court IMO, club probably won’t do it though.
jonmac1954
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

Marvelos wrote:I’m concerned with our lack of ‘killer’ instinct, we’ve been the same since the early Bucks days, shit, even the MM days, we get our lead and coast, drives me nuts, the boys packed up shop last night because they were scared to lose a game winning lead, a lead that was built on bold attacking football, I fear if they don’t get it through their $$%^%%$ heads that you never stop playing this year will go down along side all the others.

We didn’t win last night, Melbourne lost, we were fking lucky, winning Tatts without buying a ticket lucky!

Also, de Goey is the most overrated player in the comp, he hasn’t come on, Petracca gave him an absolute bath and De Goey is our Petracca

Drop Johnny Noble fine, I guess Josh Daicos can expect to be dropped in the prelim, he has been woeful the last 2 games, teams are putting time into him now and he can’t handle it, that attention probably turns to Nick now, I’d play JN ahead of Josh ATM, that obviously won’t happen but surely JN gives us more than fking Lipinski!

Cameron is also on my shit list, i understand playing him against Melbourne but it didn’t work, surely his campaign has come to an end, Frampton comes in for mine.

Bruz! We all know they’re going to throw the book at him, we will have to go to court IMO, club probably won’t do it though.
Just fkin LOLOLOL
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

K wrote:It is unlucky they stuffed up the shots so badly.
Just call it for what it is: Fritsch choked. It wasn't "unlucky", it was weak execution by a player overawed by the task presented on the night.

We don't excuse oiur own when the occasion gets to them. Why excuse a soft leper like Fritsch?
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Haff wrote:
Meredith1965 wrote:
I, er, think that might be the case. Whether spoof or genuine original, he is the funniest thing on here by miles.
+1 makes my day every post
Yep, love the Hiss...its also pretty funny to see some of the senior citizens loosing their shit over Hiss's posts
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
jonmac1954
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
Haff wrote:
Meredith1965 wrote: I, er, think that might be the case. Whether spoof or genuine original, he is the funniest thing on here by miles.
+1 makes my day every post
Yep, love the Hiss...its also pretty funny to see some of the senior citizens loosing their shit over Hiss's posts
Pisstakes are pretty funny the first couple of dozen times but when every post is a pisstake it's just simply boring . . . boring as dog sh!t
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

dalyc wrote:
shawthing wrote:
Mark my word Hiss always was and is Eddie McGuire having some fun.
No. Much closer to home is Hiss
Swannie?