Post Match. Pies demolish Dees. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

The biggest issue for me is that we don’t seem to be able to put scoreboard pressure on the opposition because of our inaccurate kicking. This is crucial, especially in a final because it can lead to confidence that we are playing well and cause the opposition to be concerned about the score. This type of psychological pressure is underrated and can lead to panic by the opposition who worry about the fact that they are behind. The longer the pressure is exerted, the more worry we cause. I would have all the forwards practising their goal kicking this week.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
jonmac1954
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

lazzadesilva wrote:The biggest issue for me is that we don’t seem to be able to put scoreboard pressure on the opposition because of our inaccurate kicking. This is crucial, especially in a final because it can lead to confidence that we are playing well and cause the opposition to be concerned about the score. This type of psychological pressure is underrated and can lead to panic by the opposition who worry about the fact that they are behind. The longer the pressure is exerted, the more worry we cause. I would have all the forwards practising their goal kicking this week.
I think goal kicking practice is a certainty.
BBHS
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by BBHS »

Don't they practice goal kicking these days. I thought they just jump on those bags and talk to go pro's in between match simulation.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

We have been one of the most accurate kicking sides this year according to Champion Data. But we want to kick every one! :)
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

shawthing wrote:
Meredith1965 wrote:
LaurieHolden wrote:Hats off the Max Gawn, what a warrior.
An amazing player, probably the greatest ruckman I have seen, with the possible exception of Len Thompson
I agree with you both. It was amazing. And so was big Len! :D
Hats off if he was playing with a broken toe...

But that's a huge call. Brad Scott talked 'bout recency bias. Is your (M65's) call also a case of recency bias? Gawn's had a huge last two months since Goodwin grew a pair and dumped Grundy. But greatest you've seen?
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Great news on Maynard tonight cleared to play.

So this is my early line up for the prelim at this stage:

FB: Howe Moore Quaynor
CB: Maynard Murphy Crisp
C: J Daicos N Daicos Marcov
CF: Pendles Mihochek Hill
FF: Elliot McStay Side
R: Cox JDG Mitchell
INT: Adams Cameron McCreery Ginny
SUB: Either Lipinski or Kruger
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

^ Maynard and the whole team will be pumped!
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

Nice dude……WHE will not be dropped any time soon. Lipinski goes out for N Daicos keep Ginni as sub.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
Meredith1965

Post by Meredith1965 »

Johnno75 wrote:Nice dude……WHE will not be dropped any time soon. Lipinski goes out for N Daicos keep Ginni as sub.
Yep, and as for Krueger as emergency… !

It gives a new meaning to “In case of emergency break glass” !
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Johnno75 wrote:Nice dude……WHE will not be dropped any time soon. Lipinski goes out for N Daicos keep Ginni as sub.
Correct weight!
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

I have half a sniff that Cameron will be the one omitted for Naicos…
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
David
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

Do we reckon there's any way Noble gets back in for this game now?
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Take_a_Screamer

Pendles was amazing in the last quarter against Melbourne when moved to half back.
He should spend time there again, not HF.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Rex

Post by Rex »

Take_a_Screamer wrote:Pendles was amazing in the last quarter against Melbourne when moved to half back.
He should spend time there again, not HF.
And take the kick out. We all know he makes good choices and executes as well as anyone. As importantly, he moves the ball quickly. Too often we’re slow and allow the defenders time to organise.
Take_a_Screamer

Collingwood deserves more praise for Qualifying Final win according to Champion Data

...Hoyne was impressed with how Collingwood was able to get on top of Melbourne. “they had a 200 pressure rating in the first 40 minutes compared to Melbourne's 175. “A lot of the talk has been, how did Melbourne blow it? But for Collingwood to get to a 27-point lead in that 40-minute period was absolutely exceptional on their behalf.”

“...For Melbourne to have 18 inside fifties in 40 minutes and to score once only from a downfield free kick … in 18 minutes, that defensive performance was exceptional. “To score 25 points to zero off turnover. We talk about the turnover game, all the time. That was exceptional against the number one turnover team for the entire season.”

Hoyne also singled out a few key Magpies who stood up when the game was there to be won. In first 40 mins:

Taylor Adams - 7 contested possessions
Steele Sidebottom - 8 contested possessions
Jack Crisp - 10 disposals

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/09/13/ ... ording-to/
Ash Johnson...you beauty