UK Based Supporters

Pretend Poms and Real Ones chew the fat and slurp warm beer here!

Moderator: LondonPIE

DopeyDipper
Been liked: 2 times

UK Based Supporters

Post by DopeyDipper »

Hi All,

I've been a long-time stalker on these pages, I'd say since about 2003 when I was about 16 and living in Mildura. I've now based in London for the past 7 years and still haven't missed a live game of Collingwood, it sometimes means getting up at 4 a.m. for weekend day games or 'work' during the Friday night games that kick off around 10:30 a.m. here.

I was wondering if there are any other one-eye supporters based in London who are as crazy as I am. I would love to have people to chat with Collingwood or watch games with who are in the same timezone!

I've already got tickets to go to the pub at 4 a.m. for the Grand Final next week for some possible breakfast beers, hopefully we can beat GWS on Friday!
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 114 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 67 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

I'm in Manchester, at the moment. Probably won't watch either game - I came here to get away from watching Collingwood lose Grand Finals. If they win, I'll watch the replays.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 43 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

I must admit the trauma of losing a PF or GF is always hard not to think about, especially with our history of grabbing defeat from the jaws of Victory. While I always choose to watch the game, one thing I can’t do is to watch a losing GF replay, so I have never seen one. The disappointment and grief after high expectations is bone shattering. Desperately don’t want to revisit this awful situation again.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Presti35
Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Presti35 »

Lived in the UK (30km north of London) between 2015-2017. Had the time of my life. Saw the most random thing in a pub in Dunstable... Dees top with Dawes name and number 6 on the back.

I also met Hulk Hogan in an Aussie themes pub in London. He put my Mrs in a headlock. One of the highlights of my life that was.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
derkd
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: UK Based Supporters

Post by derkd »

DopeyDipper wrote:Hi All,

I've been a long-time stalker on these pages, I'd say since about 2003 when I was about 16 and living in Mildura. I've now based in London for the past 7 years and still haven't missed a live game of Collingwood, it sometimes means getting up at 4 a.m. for weekend day games or 'work' during the Friday night games that kick off around 10:30 a.m. here.

I was wondering if there are any other one-eye supporters based in London who are as crazy as I am. I would love to have people to chat with Collingwood or watch games with who are in the same timezone!

I've already got tickets to go to the pub at 4 a.m. for the Grand Final next week for some possible breakfast beers, hopefully we can beat GWS on Friday!

I grew up in Melbourne moved to Mildura in 2015.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.