Game On! Pies v. Giants. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Donny
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 23 times

Game On! Pies v. Giants. All comments.

Post by Donny »

Pre-lim Final.

Collingwood v. Greater Western Sydney.

IN: Nick Daicos.

OUT: Taylor Adams (Injured).

Jack Ginnivan (Sub).

C'morrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnnnn Maggies !!

Let's hear ya !!
Last edited by Donny on Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
Said by Zed
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Said by Zed »

Going to be the complete opposite of how the Dees game panned out.

Will obviously be tight early…a sort of feeling out period if you will, both midfield’s flexing, bustling and muscling for clearance domination…Mitchell in and under, hard at the ball and the man. DC back to his best.

Sooner rather than later the game will open up, run and carry and chains of lightning quick handballs in close fed out to runners going past at speed into the open. Jordy, McCreery and Hoskin sending it deep. Penetrating kicks to a leading Checkers and to open spaces for our quick smooth movers to run on to, plenty of out the back goals, McStay even snaffling a few. Both sides scoring fast and frequently. They will try to match us but no easy feat…the side that sustains this and goes harder for longer wins.

Big game expected from Jordy (3+ goals), Coxilla to worry the bejeezus out of them clunking them around the ground and in front dobbing a few, Billy and Bobby threatening with every F50 entry, hounds at Mase’s feet, exploding into open goals.

Moore, Murphman, Bruz and Q taking control and shutting down their forwards. Momentum swinging from one side to the other and then finally resting with us, the cream eventually rising to the top with Naicos and Jaicos everywhere, Lippi proving his worth with silky touches and skills, Pendles and Sidey orchestrating at the helm.

A fast and open game…high scoring battle of speed, endurance and the will to win….in the end the mighty Pies running away with it 109 - 84.

Rest easy my brethren….let go of the anxiety and negative thoughts…we’ve got this. So it is said, so shall it be done.
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men...
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

WELL now a Deeees fan on Utube has tipped the Magpies, he anlayzed both teams, very even he said, but hes tipping us for one reason only , THE REST, TEN DAYS MORE THAN GIANTS WILL GET US OVER THE LINE BY SEVEN POINTS. HIS TIP. He makes a very valid point, the rest will help us a lot, in a tight an at times, torrid fast flat out match pressure final. We arr primed, we can and will win this, Fly has us fltying, no excuses, top team in, we are raging to hit thise Orange pricks hard, unrelentiong pressure, we have got this, in my book. Woods by 26 points, we will pull away, last qtr. GO Woods !!!!
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Fly’s 50th Birthday.
Fly’s 50th game as coach.

Collingwood by 50 points :P
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

Caaaaaaaaarna' Pies!
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Jezza wrote:Fly’s 50th Birthday.
Fly’s 50th game as coach.

Collingwood by 50 points :P

Be great if post match, after the Pies song, final siren, if the whole crowd would sing Happy birthday too Fly, hip hip hooray, that would be awesome, 90 000 maggie fans singing happy birthday. 50 Candles, 50 points !! :D :D
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 26 times

Post by think better »

I'm like a tin on a hot cat roof
I think therefore I think - I think
mgh3536

Post by mgh3536 »

Expecting Elliott to shake off a few weeks of average return and cut loose

Agreed de goey has been warming up ready to rock

Mcreery and hill so pivotal in fwd pressure and break neck speed going forward

Carn pies
melliot

Post by melliot »

Go Pies!

Not much else to be said.
piffdog
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by piffdog »

Cox loves the big stage doesn’t he? Could turn it on tonight. Nobody else like him on the field. Their ruck might be tough, but he’s blue collar. Cox to have 5 contested marks.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
charmer

Post by charmer »

I have 3 tickets for tonight’s game for sale as we now have different seats. Face value, bottom level Southern Stand. Please PM me. Go Pies!!
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

I would LOVE to hear the loudest ever Cooooollliinnnggwoooooodddd just before the first bounce!!
Beware the swooping Magpie.
derkd
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by derkd »

I think the 10 day break for the pies could be big in late game. GWS are a very good side, but have had to come the long way and are coming from a six day break. Watch for the game to break open after half time.

GWS to play hard in the first.

Closer contest in the second

Bodies cool down over the half, aches and pains to set in for GWS.

Pies kick away in the 3rd and run away with it in the 4th!!

I HOPE, go pies. And happy birthday fly....we hope
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR

Post by uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR »

Prelim baby!!!!!!!!
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

Can’t wait to get to the G. Need a good start so the crowd gets involved early. The Giants are playing some serious footy and I feel we need a pretty inspiring game from JDG to get past them.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.