Post Match. Pies win thriller. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

From what I've heard, McInnes has recovered from his shoulder injury and would have been available for last night's game. I'd be extremely surprised if we turned to him, but he's there if need be!
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 117 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

David wrote:From what I've heard, McInnes has recovered from his shoulder injury and will be available this week. I'd be extremely surprised if we turned to him, but he's there if need be!
Yeah he is a bit of a left field suggestion but he is a smart player and capable of kicking bags. Maybe a grand final is the moment he needs to go to another level!
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
The Average Tourist

Post by The Average Tourist »

Big T wrote:Hope Ollie Henry's end of season trip is going well!
Was thinking that myself
Bucks you just reckon he can still cut it in the middle
Clifton Hill-Billy
Been liked: 7 times

Post by Clifton Hill-Billy »

The Average Tourist wrote:
Big T wrote:Hope Ollie Henry's end of season trip is going well!
Was thinking that myself
I hear he ruptured the other testicle!
"Hey Ma get off the dang roof!"
perthmagpie

Post by perthmagpie »

Adams did a short running session late yesterday afternoon. He spoke at a function I was at and is still hopeful of being fit for Saturday.
Magpies love pies(Lol)
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Soon after the euphoria of the final siren and theme song I suddenly felt dread and nerves take hold. Perhaps it's the etched in memory of Grand Finals past, (12 for 2 wins and 2 draws), I struggled to get excited and was quite numb. This morning I feel better and am quietly confident we'll get the job done no matter the opponent. This is not the Collingwood of old, the vibe and energy just feels different. Not sure how I'll feel on Saturday though, It's always pretty surreal being there, at the game. Go Pies!
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 78 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Well this team knows how to test our nerves
Gee whiz at half time whatever fly said worked a treat
Momentum shift was massive
I hope McStay isn’t out he’s been good doing exactly what we got him for but alas it looks like he will miss
I’m guessing Frampton comes in he can play forward back or ruck and let Cox play some forward or Howe to go forward he makes the most sense
If Adams gets up which seems likely hard to see who misses but Ginnivan could drop out and Lipinski to sub

Our discipline better improve we can’t afford to give away so many 50m penalties next week and Sidey better learn the rule about encroaching or not standing when told too that brain fart could have cost us the game
Overall we played I reckon at about 80% of our best. Think the week off didn’t do our cohesion any good. We looked rusty st times so last nights hit out will help
This next week is what supporters live for the chance to go to the big dance

On a side note during his presser fly purposely looked down the barrel of the camera and thanked the pies supporters and those who can attend games
A class act
duggieboy
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by duggieboy »

What'sinaname wrote:GWS were the form side of the competition. That's as tough a game as we'll get this year.
What a heart-stopper & totally agree. They were very good.

Jordie had a blinder. Thought Quaynor's game was top shelf when things were getting hot.

Crazy to believe we defended a 1 point lead like that for over 6 minutes without any score change!

One for the ages - Now for the '23 flag!!! Go Pies!!
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

thanks Jezza, much appreciate the coaches awesome press conference in writing! cheers
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
BEAMER09
Been liked: 8 times

Post by BEAMER09 »

Not sure if mentioned in the previous pages but you have to give credit to Josh Diacos with 30 seconds to go when Elliot kicked the ball towards the wing. Josh was there paddling the ball in front of him with 2 GWS players about to pounce and he picked up the ball cleanly, turned left (not a good option) then turned right and with a little speed, kicked the ball approx 40 metres (nailed it) and that was the end of the game.

If not a clean pick up, who knows what would've happened the last 20 seconds.

Well done Jaicos.
COLLINGW09D
woodys_world69
Been liked: 20 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

krueger in the side for Mcstay if its a like for like scenario

but since cox is in the side we do have the option to go smaller up forward.

Ginnie in the starting side and macrae as sub
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 148 times
Been liked: 151 times

Pies player ratings

Post by LaurieHolden »

"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
David
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

The strange underrating of Nathan Murphy continues. I don't understand how a player can "hold up defensively all night" including "some big moments" when the game was on the line and yet only get a 6/10 rating. I have a feeling that some of these football journalists are spending too much time looking at Fantasy football ratings and are unwilling to give defenders their proper due.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Raw Hammer
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

BEAMER09 wrote:Not sure if mentioned in the previous pages but you have to give credit to Josh Diacos with 30 seconds to go when Elliot kicked the ball towards the wing. Josh was there paddling the ball in front of him with 2 GWS players about to pounce and he picked up the ball cleanly, turned left (not a good option) then turned right and with a little speed, kicked the ball approx 40 metres (nailed it) and that was the end of the game.

If not a clean pick up, who knows what would've happened the last 20 seconds.

Well done Jaicos.
Agreed. Play of the game. That damn ball wouldn’t sit up, kept wobbling all of the place, he had to tap it twice in front of him to keep it moving, still wouldn’t sit up, finally grabs it, takes Kelly in his wake, then heads to his left, then somehow switches right with a pin point right foot to kill the game. Amazing play.
Est. 2002
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

think positive wrote:thanks Jezza, much appreciate the coaches awesome press conference in writing! cheers
Thanks, Jo.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆