Farewell #13 Taylor Adams

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Congrats to Tay on the milestone.

Been a great servant of the club for nearly a decade now. Deserves the recognition and accolades that come his way.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

piffdog wrote:There’s nothing more enthralling in footy than seeing Adams beat a few and suddenly finding himself streaming inside 50 and wondering “what will he do next”? Has been better of late which suggests he’s continuing to work on that part of his game.

Happy for him. Hope he can get himself a premiership medallion. Heart and soul. Him and Maynard would literally give organs for the black and white.

Congrats.
Lol

I chuckled out loud, so true!

All of it, love them both!

Another 100 please Taylor!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

He’s often one of the first I think of when I’m looking for someone to be dropped and I must admit that I reckoned his career woulda been over by now because of the physical way he has played the game; but I’m glad to say he has defied my doubts concerns. I think his contribution to our team goes way beyond stats. He’s the sort of team mate you’d love to have beside you when you go into a battle like tonight on enemy turf. He’ll be in his element. Well done Tay.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Damien wrote: I think his contribution to our team goes way beyond stats. He’s the sort of team mate you’d love to have beside you when you go into a battle like tonight on enemy turf. He’ll be in his element.
Spot on. Never taken a backward step or shirked a contest in 200 games of AFL footy. There aren’t many who could say that with a straight face.
Congrats on a fine career.
Donny
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Donny »

Well played, TA. Esp. on Saturday. :D
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

A week is a looooooooong time in sport....

His ball slaughtering tonight... **** where I sit...
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

^To add my reply to you in the post-match thread here:

I don't want to pile onto him after his previous two games, which were great, but his kicking was horrendous. It's all upstairs for the lad, I reckon. Something runs through his mind some weeks that causes him to really tighten up and miscue for whole games at a time. Someone needs to walk through the tapes and his mindset with him, because his previous two weeks were great, so it's clearly fixable.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Yep, saw that in the post-match thread mate.
I never question his efforts on game day, but the application over the off-seasons to correct the disposal flaws in his game has been sadly non-existent.

He won't change now; his accountability on any given match day has been reduced to a lottery.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Had a poor night. Some shocking turnovers throughout the game.

In fairness, he wasn't the only one in the team who was turning the ball over too frequently.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Monco Matt

Post by Monco Matt »

I really think his spot is in trouble. His disposal is so bad more frequently this season than ever before. I just don't trust him with ball in hand anymore.

Do we have the courage to tap him on the shoulder? Probably not, but he has the potential to put us out of the finals race with one single ball butchering performance. Imaging him playing like he did tonight on PF night?

He needs to seriously clean up his disposal before finals. Plus, he had bugger all footy tonight as well. What was he doing? He is a worry.
RED "BABY" CAVANAUGH: Didn't hear what the bet was.

MONCO: Your life.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

This is the week that our psychologist Jackie Louder needs to work her butt off to get into the noggins of a few players. They seemed to drop their heads in the third quarter and make errors they normally wouldn’t make. This then transferred to the last quarter as well and affected the team confidence which had been a factor almost all season. This can be dealt with through active counselling and advice, and we should see the results next week. Sometimes the mental fitness is more critical than the physical fitness.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

The sentimental side of me would like to see him down on the bench or as a runner. He was running at 90%, good enough to be a runner?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
think positive

Post by think positive »

LaurieHolden wrote:The sentimental side of me would like to see him down on the bench or as a runner. He was running at 90%, good enough to be a runner?
that would be awesome!
think positive

Post by think positive »

lazzadesilva wrote:This is the week that our psychologist Jackie Louder needs to work her butt off to get into the noggins of a few players. They seemed to drop their heads in the third quarter and make errors they normally wouldn’t make. This then transferred to the last quarter as well and affected the team confidence which had been a factor almost all season. This can be dealt with through active counselling and advice, and we should see the results next week. Sometimes the mental fitness is more critical than the physical fitness.
there is a reaso0n why they all thank her at the copeland,
there is a reason why Jordy said She has changed my life!

She's got this!!

Love ya Jaq!
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Perhaps the first draft pick can wear 13 for a decade after Tay retires…