Post Match. Lions beat Pies. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

LaurieHolden wrote:
Pete 70 wrote:Agreed derkd- I’d isolate Geoff Hayward up forward - that should do the trick
I'm not playing him again until he apologises for telling me to "get stuffed" after I asked him why he turned up late to a training session.
Laurie, mate, the board are saying you got to play him. The sponsors....
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
Pete 70
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Pete 70 »

I actually met the actor who played him several years ago watching a Collingwood final in Sydney. John Howard (the actor). He was wearing a Collingwood scarf and I went up and said hello to Geoff Hayward. He has a laugh and I asked him about the Pies allegiance, and he said “Have followed them ever since the movie”. It was a nice warm chat
Dispatches from a foreign land
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

LaurieHolden wrote:
Pete 70 wrote:Agreed derkd- I’d isolate Geoff Hayward up forward - that should do the trick
I'm not playing him again until he apologises for telling me to "get stuffed" after I asked him why he turned up late to a training session.
Hayward's been up his mum and sister, not the sort we want at FF....more a backman...so to speak
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

LaurieHolden wrote:
"But at 18 I was an acknowledged champion playing centre for the Tasmanian State side"!
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
Geek

Post by Geek »

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Pies4shaw wrote:
masoncox wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote: Pendlebury carried Collingwood tonight. 31 disposals, 12 clearances, a goal, 2 goal assists and 517 metres gained. The only reason he might not get the 3 Brownlow votes is because Collingwood were well-beaten. You need to distinguish between Neale looking good because he's surrounded by talent and Pendlebury having to do everything the hard way, on his own.
Neale thrashed him...simple.
Pendles did ok when the game was over just when the lions put the cue in the rack.
Pendles is not the player he was.
He made 3 critical mistakes in a 5 minute period in the second quarter.
Whether he got 30 disposals does not matter to me.
It is impact and he had the best of our midfield but he was far from Neale.
He had 26 disposals and 10 clearances at 3/4 time, when Collingwood was within 2 kicks.
I see that even the umpires had the sense to give Pendlebury 2 Brownlow votes.