#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 26 times

Post by think better »

I think therefore I think - I think
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Well done to JDG for reaching 150 games :)
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

We have 2 out and out absolute stars in our side and one of them is Jordan de Goey.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

Pie-supporting journo Gleeson reckons:

4 of the 5 best mids in the game will be wearing Melbourne jumpers. (He includes Gawn in that. But not Brayshaw, so if you don't include rucks he might say the same...) The other is JdG.

So, Gleeson says, a lot depends on Googs having a big one.
Take_a_Screamer
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

The pain of 2018 burned us all for so long; redemption is here, and it is truly glorious
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

jonmac1954 wrote:I have been a harsh critic but he is making efforts to turn not only his footy but his life around so I'll be as fulsome in my praise as I have been in my criticism.
Good on you jonmac! Many posters here stuck the boots into JDG big time when he was in trouble and struggling to control his off field behaviour, but have still not had the good grace to commend him for the almighty efforts he has made to turn his life around. He was at the cross-roads last year, but chose to remain loyal to the Pies and apply himself to changing his habits and mental approach, which is possibly one of the hardest things to do for anyone.

Do we still have the "Best Finals Player" at the Copeland? He'd be my choice for 2023.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

What huge goals!
jonmac1954
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

PyreneesPie wrote:
jonmac1954 wrote:I have been a harsh critic but he is making efforts to turn not only his footy but his life around so I'll be as fulsome in my praise as I have been in my criticism.
Good on you jonmac! Many posters here stuck the boots into JDG big time when he was in trouble and struggling to control his off field behaviour, but have still not had the good grace to commend him for the almighty efforts he has made to turn his life around. He was at the cross-roads last year, but chose to remain loyal to the Pies and apply himself to changing his habits and mental approach, which is possibly one of the hardest things to do for anyone.

Do we still have the "Best Finals Player" at the Copeland? He'd be my choice for 2023.
Still deeply saddened over the lost years that should have been but he has stepped up and owned the responsibility for making it right.

Takes a true man to do that.
Take_a_Screamer
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Jordan De Goey hits Steven May with a cutting comeback after Demons star said his team were 'so much better' than the premiers

The first clash between AFL premiers Collingwood and Melbourne in 2024 is set to be heated after premiership winner Jordan De Goey took aim at Demon defender Steven May and his claims his team was 'so much better' than the Magpies...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/afl/a ... eback.html
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Not sure about "cutting" but it was a fair enough response without stoking the fire too much. That and the Brayshaw incident will make for a pretty fiery kb clash, you'd think. The media's gonna have a great week hyping it up, that's for sure.
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
David
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

JDG will have just turned 28 come the first bounce of the 2024 season. In all of the season & post-match interviews, I saw a maturing and composed young man, considered in what he said.
I'm probably more excited about his potential to elevate his place in the game this coming season than any of his seasons prior.

JDG vs Dusty comparison at the same age ~
https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_ ... 1=O&fid2=O

With 13 finals and 1 GF in his quiver, he's only an injury uninterrupted pre-season away in order to launch him and rip the completion a new one in 2024.

ps' attach Reef McInnes to him in the pre-season, I reckon JDG would relish a mentor role.
Last edited by LaurieHolden on Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
jonmac1954
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

^Yes a self-confessed harsh critic - only because I knew how good he could be and he kept shooting himself in the foot - I couldn't be more happy and proud of the lad.
We can now say he has lived up to that promise he made to Bucks upon selection in his draft.
Kingsofclutch

Post by Kingsofclutch »

With a flag the temptation to party hearty will be strong, if he backs up again it will be most impressive.
Flagpies