A Magpies History Page

Suggestions, praise, feedback. Need to communicate with the moderators? This is the place. If you need to communicate privately with the moderators, send email to lesbastardssinistres(at)magpies.net

Moderator: bbmods

Harrysz
Been liked: 4 times

A Magpies History Page

Post by Harrysz »

I recently had a discussion with a Nickster (See Buckley's Book post) about some historical stuff. Was Collingwood unlucky in all of those Grand Final losses?...and so on.

I imagine that many people who have an interest in Nick's would pay scant attention to these matters, especially when there's a new coach and exciting new players to discuss.

But I think that some Nicksters who have an interest in our games of yore would be interested in these matters. Sure I could start a new post but all posts run out of steam eventually.

Would the mods consider making a new page dedicated to this topic? I think that there could be a lot of interest. A convention could be set that say, nothing post 2010 could be posted, but of course there'd be no limit on how far back we could go. My interest in Collingwood started in the early 60s, but no doubt there are some on here who have older memories. I'd love to hear from them. How good a player was Murray Weideman? Was Lou Richards a good captain? Would Thorald Merrett get a game today?

So come on mods - what do you say?
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

Football is civilized today both on and off the field.
I am a heathen so I look backwards to the good old days.
Yell at the football today and you risk someone texting to the anti social police.
What has the world come to?
I imagine with COVID yelling may well be banned.
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Do you mean a specific, new forum? Or a web page on Nick's specifically for history matters.

Would you flesh out the proposal a little more please?
Harrysz

Post by Harrysz »

Sure.

Take as an example the VFL Magpies page. That's a separate page but still within Nick's. If someone has a question or a comment about our VFL side, that's the page to post it on, rather than on the general forum page.

The same would apply here. The page could be styled "Historical page - Collingwood players, teams and matches of the past". I'd be happy to kick it off with a few posts but I'd be surprised if other Nickster's weren't interested in it.
Harrysz

Post by Harrysz »

So thats it?
No interest?
i hate carlton
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by i hate carlton »

Mate, the entire forum is dedicated to Magpie history!

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopi ... sc&start=0
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Magpie history is comprehensively covered off via Collingwood Forever ~

About Collingwood Forever
https://forever.collingwoodfc.com.au/ab ... d-forever/
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers