#1 Patrick Lipinski

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Well done Lippa

Premiership tears: Lipinski’s emotion-filled season
https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/1 ... led-season
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

brilliant read, thankyou!
best bulldog ever!!!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Presti35
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

Yeah great article.
Was kind of shocked that his is rated Elite for disposals, for 2023 and in his career.
Geez whan he gave away that free late in the GF and it led to Danihers goal... I wasnt too happy. All good now tho. 8)
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I wanted him dropped after the Prelim, but reckon he was terrific when he came on in the Grannie. I expect he'll be even better next year, with full confidence in his shoulder.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Reckon Lipinski has set himself for a big year. He’s an unassuming type but at his best, he’s a very damaging player between the arcs. His ability to give off the ball to players in better positions ( more by foot than hand ) is top shelf and his two way running is as good as anyone on our list.
Sixth in the 2022 Copeland trophy shows how he’s rated internally and the pre season highlights and feedback suggests he’s back to that form line once again. Watch the match sim highlights and note how often he picks out the right options closer to goal. It’s a highlight reel in itself.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Re: #1 Patrick Lipinski

Post by Johnno75 »

Been a while since a post here but it’s been an interesting season for Pat. Played every game and tonight was statistically his best and pretty damn good for 30 and 2 goals. But in his 22 other games only once he was above 25 disposals and only above 20 in a third of his games. I think he should be getting 20-25 each week minimum not once every 3 games. He has a great tank and doesn’t attract a tag, I hope he finds more consistency in 2025 like in 2022 where he had 28 or more in 6/25 games and under 20 in only 8/25.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
Jen2310
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Jen2310 »

He's only been playing wing recently. Before then was half forward, and lets be honest, our delivery into the forwardline most of this year... was something to be desired.

He had a very good game tonight. Keep him on the wing, where he can get around the ball more.
npalm
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by npalm »

I think Lippa's game has a lot of positives. His tackling, tho, is suspect. Several times I have seen opposition players brush off his tackles. I'm guessing it's related to his dodgy shoulders. He has had multiple injuries to them in the past.
Side by side.
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

If he's going to be retained, then yes, he needs to repeat last night's effort more consistently.

And not run around doing next to nothing like Varcoe did, season after season.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies2016 »

I’ve been an unashamed Lipinski fan on the back of his first year but injuries in his second and playing multiple roles in his third, haven’t allowed him to settle in with any continuity. As pointed out above, you would love to be a forward with a bit of space and have Lipinski with the ball in front of you. Reliable shot on goal too.
Just as an aside, I have a mate who works close by the clinic where players get their post game injury scans. He reckons Lipinski has been a regular visitor over last month or so. Not making excuses for him and he’s not the only one but so many players play under duress and it simply doesn’t allow them to perform at 100%.
He continues to be an important cog in the machine.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

^with the absence of JDG and Mitchell, it's thrown our midfield / structural balance out considerably in being able to have reliable 'distributors' to link players like Lipinski. I'm certain Lipinski's role and impact has changed materially as a result. Even Naicos has been playing a more inside role in the absence of these two.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers