What did you find odd today?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Went for my morning walk at 7:30 am and it was like during Covid lockdown, except less people out walking. :?

Almost no cars or people. I know it's a public holiday but..............
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 145 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

They're watching the replay Stui
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Drove back up to Toc this morning, since Mum is still struggling with her movement, took the Redline for a spin and left the big ute at home. The Sedan is much easier for her to get in and out of and I haven't driven it for 6 months.

Wow it felt weird at first. In the truck, the seating position is like a bus driver, in the sedan it's like sitting in a recliner with your feet up. Blinkers and wipers on oppositie sides of the steering column takes some adjusting back, as does remembering that the cruise control isn't adaptive and doesn't slow down if you start gaining on some slow tool.

And OMFG it was absolutely hammering with rain until just north of Shepparton. Overtaking a truck on the freeway it's like driving through a solid curtain of water, can't see shit except the truck on my left and the white line on my right.

But, geez I'd forgotten how much fun that thing is to drive. Nice tight suspension she just sails over the bumps that has the big boy bouncing, sticks to the road like it's on rails even when it's pissing down and oh boy, the responsiveness. Come around the corner at Yarraweah, got a B double and a 4WD in front of me as we clear the 80k zone, got 1km of straight road before we hit all the bends, just tap the accelerator and sail past doing 150 before I had time to blink. Mum perched up in the passenger seat just smiles and says Well Done. :lol: