#20 Ash Johnson

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Yep fair enough and that one didn't work that day. doesn't mean we can't try him in a different role thought to force him into the action
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

He can't play backline, doesn't have the focus needed. He's a 3rd tall forward, high unaccountable forward. He has all the talent but (at least on the evidence on display) doesn't have the mindset and focus. Tell him to just go out and run and jump, no need to be accountable, just put on a show, he's probably kick 7 goals one week, but get zero touches for the next 3.

It's a shame, but you can have all the talent in the world but if you don't have the right mindset it aint going to happen.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Great to see him go back to the Reserves last week and kick one from six possessions. Time to trade for a 4th round pick.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

There's a certain road every player starts on as they progress along their AFL journey.
As they drive along the way, there are many turnoffs, the most popular route is called 'failed to take the next step'.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 148 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

inxs88 wrote:Great to see him go back to the Reserves last week and kick one from six possessions. Time to trade for a 4th round pick.
I don't think Sturt have a 4th rounder this year... :wink:
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
gurugeoff
Been liked: 4 times

Post by gurugeoff »

Charlie Oneeye wrote:There's a certain road every player starts on as they progress along their AFL journey.
i think Ash has gone backwards since he came to us. Had a lot of flair and talent when he started playing.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 148 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

gurugeoff wrote:
Charlie Oneeye wrote:There's a certain road every player starts on as they progress along their AFL journey.
i think Ash has gone backwards since he came to us. Had a lot of flair and talent when he started playing.
He still has it, it's his application that is wanting.
Can't help but think the move to Melbourne hasn't allowed him to settle down. Halls Creek > Perth > Wangaratta > Adelaide > Melbourne, can't have been easy to put down roots so far away from family.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

I had high hopes for 'Magic' Johnson, as he has an incredible skillset, but sadly, he does not seem to have the necessary tenacity or 'mongrel' required to play at this level. He seems a really nice kid and I wish him well, but unless something dramatically changes, I suspect we'll never see him get a senior berth again. I hope I'm wrong.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

He’s 27 this year, I just can’t see it happening unfortunately
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

I wish other clubs would want him instead of sniffing the buns of McGuiness and Noble………..
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

[quote="lazzadesilva"]I wish other clubs would want him instead of sniffing the buns of McGuiness and Noble………..
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times

Post by stui magpie »

RudeBoy wrote:I had high hopes for 'Magic' Johnson, as he has an incredible skillset, but sadly, he does not seem to have the necessary tenacity or 'mongrel' required to play at this level. He seems a really nice kid and I wish him well, but unless something dramatically changes, I suspect we'll never see him get a senior berth again. I hope I'm wrong.
He can always go bush again and try to do a Trevor Sutton.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

[quote="RudeBoy"][quote="lazzadesilva"]I wish other clubs would want him instead of sniffing the buns of McGuiness and Noble………..