Soccer Club Using Collingwood Logo With Slight Alterations

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

BenBronx
Been liked: 1 time

Soccer Club Using Collingwood Logo With Slight Alterations

Post by BenBronx »

Less than an hour ago I came across a soccer club in England using the same identical logo as Collingwood. Instead of "1892" it says "CMFC" and instead of "Collingwood" it says "Camberley Magpies" but the rest is identical.

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery... :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

what a spot BenBronx. Good to see the Camberley Magpies way out in front on their Sunday soccer league table although they have a tough away game coming up against the "Someone's House" team.

On a serious note, not sure how copyright works in the UK but pretty sure they have reciprocal laws with Australia. Not sure you can just rip off a logo and club emblem like that without some sort of license being in place.
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
BenBronx
Been liked: 1 time

Post by BenBronx »

I'm sure you are right TB&WL. I know a while back Tottenham Hotspur forced a non-league side (Fleet Spurs) to change their badge design after they complained that it was too similar to theirs.

Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Koch and Port Adelaide must be livid
derkd
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by derkd »

Lol can I say, I think the Collingwood football club would be very interested in this on a copyright front.

I have no real issue, it is not like they are stealing merchandise dollars. It is however, very lazy logo branding....they have just looked up 'magpie logo' and taken the Collingwood logo.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Not even an English magpie.

Maybe a team of Aussies?