Pre-Match. Pies v. Dockers. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

^^The other part would have to be good as trading a player who can't get into the Seniors is worth about $1.50.
SLORT
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 62 times

Post by SLORT »

Culprit wrote:^^The other part would have to be good as trading a player who can't get into the Seniors is worth about $1.50.
Yeah, I agree, though I think a lot of it is his attitude. I recall him saying when drafted that he actually disliked Collingwood which was never a great sign from the get go. He does have 26 goals from 36 games so his record is pretty good. I think they'd see the value with an aging Tex.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 78 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Gee we took basically everyone on our list it seems
JDG made the flight as well which seems weird to me

Not sure what the final make up of the side will be but it will be interesting
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

Ash Johnson is such a disappointment this season. His lethargic and insipid performances are hard to fathom after what appeared to be a good pre-season. I think the problem with him is above the shoulders and if coach Fly Macrae hasn't been able to resolve Johnson's issues by now I fear that we will never see the full potential of him playing AFL for Collingwood. Such a pity if that ends up being true, as Johnson's form at the end of 2022 had me comparing him with the likes of Fabulous Phil Carman for a while. Just shows how hard it is to perform consistently at AFL level.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
neil
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by neil »

Heard a rumour that Leggies wife is giving birth and thats the personal reason
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

^ as "personal reasons" go, that's definitely a good one. Congrats to him if so and hope the baby inherits his moustache!
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

Boot wrote:Ash Johnson is such a disappointment this season. His lethargic and insipid performances are hard to fathom after what appeared to be a good pre-season. I think the problem with him is above the shoulders and if coach Fly Macrae hasn't been able to resolve Johnson's issues by now I fear that we will never see the full potential of him playing AFL for Collingwood. Such a pity if that ends up being true, as Johnson's form at the end of 2022 had me comparing him with the likes of Fabulous Phil Carman for a while. Just shows how hard it is to perform consistently at AFL level.
He's built like Tarzan and plays like Jane. He isn't the first and won't be the last.
Leggie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Leggie »

neil wrote:Heard a rumour that Leggies wife is giving birth and thats the personal reason
Jesus mate. ill be close to 80 for the kids 21st. :lol:
Bring Back Tranquilli
neil
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by neil »

^:)
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
think better
Been liked: 26 times

Post by think better »

Funny but I'm really excited for this game - especially because of the young/new talent on display.

Not really confident about a win but happy to go for the ride.
I think therefore I think - I think
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

David wrote:^ as "personal reasons" go, that's definitely a good one. Congrats to him if so and hope the baby inherits his moustache!
Unless it's a girl. :shock: