Game Day. Pies v. Dockers. Late changes, comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Donny
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 23 times

Game Day. Pies v. Dockers. Late changes, comments.

Post by Donny »

Tonight. 8.10 Optus.

Collingwood v. Fremantle

Team.

IN: Charlie Dean, Beau McCreery, Brody Mihocek, Edward Allan, Wil Parker

OUT: Finlay Macrae (Omitted), Will Hoskin-Elliott (Injured), Jordan De Goey (Injured), Reef McInnes (Injured), Oleg Markov (Personal Reason)

NEW: Wil Parker, Edward Allan

Milestone: Lachie Schultz - 100th game

Let's hear ya !!
Last edited by Donny on Fri May 24, 2024 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Congrats to Sargent Schultz on his milestone and wish him many more to come at Collingwood. I also hope Will Parker impresses tonight and plays a blinder. Excited to watch him play. I have a feeling that we will win tonight with our high pressure game and manic chaos ball situations that we know how to handle to our advantage. I say Collingwood by a couple of goals.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Bullish about this game
Pies to win by 16 points
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

I expect Collingwood a Crisp victory against the Dockers who think they can win? It's like putting Lippy on a pig. I ain't Joshing. They will get Moore of what we can give lately. Great Scott! indeed expect an honest, Noble win. Our troops will be led by sargent Schultz who's no fool on the Hill. Rather, he has a mind and body like Steele and strategies founded in Checkers. Collingwood, the new Beau in the top four. They Wil cause havoc today and the death of the Dockers. Call the Dean, Ash to ashes.

Maggies by 14 points
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Haha great stuff.

I have no reason to think the debutants will not put in as honest performance and the ones we have played in the last few weeks.

Had my doubts about Smokin Joe, but he was ready....reckon these 2 will be as well.

Pies by 9 points
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by warburton lad »

A few observations:

Macrae's commission is baffling- perhaps the Club is seeking to bring in quick players: McCreery, Allen and Parker, but I'm not sure who our clearance players will be tonight.

Frampton must play back to support Moore so what does that mean for Dean??? I am confused about this selection.

Mihocek is a great addition, but he needs to both kick goals and negate the Fremantle tall defenders.

Cameron and the two Freo rucks will be a huge battle- Jackson is elite so Cox will need to be on his game.

Without McInnes, Hoskin-Elliott, De Goey and Elliott, players like Harrison, Hill, Schultz and McCreery must impact up forward.

If we can somehow scratch together 12-13 goals, we can hold them to a losing score.

The fact we have 6 players who have played fewer than 10 games is both daunting and exciting.

A Road Trip with the likes of Pendles, Sidebottom, Nick Daicos, Crisp, Moore and a few of the other Premiership players could be the making of some of them.

Allen, Harrison, Parker, Dean, Richards and Sullivan will have much asked of them tonight- let's see what they are truly made of in the cauldron of a hostile environment of Optus Stadium...

Floreat Pica.
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Never have i seen players slag off at a former player, like Docker players re our Shultz, saying they will harass and hit him, harm him, total disgrace, all cos he played for em. Plus, they have some vile plans for Naicos. Bring it on u **** turds, and look out, Bruzza will sort you bastards out bigtime, and all our boys wlll back em up. Look out you cocky Purple haze , we are ready for your shit, and umpires wll be too. Woods by 14 points.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

Freo at their best play a very good pressure game like us. This will be a dour contest. Ain’t gunna be pretty. Yes we have so many fresh faces but still have 16 premiership players there. Freo are pumped for this no doubt and in a weird way the pressure of expectation is all on them. But we are traditionally a great side on the road. If we can win this it will set up our season. Go Pies.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by shawthing »

Piesnchess wrote:Never have i seen players slag off at a former player, like Docker players re our Shultz, saying they will harass and hit him, harm him, total disgrace, all cos he played for em. Plus, they have some vile plans for Naicos. Bring it on u **** turds, and look out, Bruzza will sort you bastards out bigtime, and all our boys wlll back em up. Look out you cocky Purple haze $%$ers, we are ready for your shit, and umpires wll be too. Woods by 14 points.
Wow. So much hate. I don't know how you get through the day.
What'sinaname
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Piesnchess wrote:Never have i seen players slag off at a former player, like Docker players re our Shultz, saying they will harass and hit him, harm him, total disgrace, all cos he played for em. Plus, they have some vile plans for Naicos. Bring it on u **** turds, and look out, Bruzza will sort you bastards out bigtime, and all our boys wlll back em up. Look out you cocky Purple haze $%$ers, we are ready for your shit, and umpires wll be too. Woods by 14 points.
All this hurt talk from Andrew Brayshaw must make Angus Brayshaw turn over in his grave.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
shawthing
Been liked: 56 times

Post by shawthing »

We have a great record playing interstate and Perth is no different. I realise we have had to completely restructure the side with all the injuries, but on the positive side we can now find out a lot about the new players.

Fly's comment about the spate of injuries across the AFL (except for Sydney it seems and they are about to have their second bye in 11 rounds and have nearly 3 weeks before their next game - don't tell me the AFL doesn't want to gift them a flag!) is really telling. There is something rotten in the state of the AFL fixturing and the short breaks between games is having a huge affect on teams.

So fingers crossed we get no more injuries this week and can get the win against the Dockers. I don't care how close or even how ugly it is, we just need to get the four points. Go Pies!
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

shawthing wrote:
Wow. So much hate. I don't know how you get through the day.

Only copying some of your posts, come on, mr hypocrite. :wink: :wink:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Born to Pie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Born to Pie »

Looking forward to seeing what Allan (not Allen) and Parker can bring.

Go Pies
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away
derkd
Been liked: 20 times

Post by derkd »

Pies have really started to drift in late markets out to $2.33, don't always put much stock in betting markets. But I assume punters feel a late change for Collingwood?

I think to be a shot tonight, we need to be close all night,or blow them away. I don't feel this side has a charge from behind in it.

Lots of people talking up Parker, lets give Allan some love, the guy was a high ish pick and has had to battle to get a debut game.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Well played by Schultz to get a week so his 100th lines up against his old mob