Pre-Match. Pies v. Bulldogs. All comments

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Pre-Match. Pies v. Bulldogs. All comments

Post by David »

Last edited by David on Thu May 30, 2024 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
neil
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by neil »

Need another ruckman Steene and Begg both injured
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
warburton lad
Been liked: 46 times

Post by warburton lad »

It is quite possible that we select a player or two in the mid season draft and one or more of them run out against the Doggies....
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
DT
Been liked: 6 times

Post by DT »

When is the mid season draft?
Daicos, impossible angle ... Goal!
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

17 injured players now, second worst in AFL next too Richmond, on 18. Can we actually field a competitive team now, players dropping like flies, thankfully both Naughton and Ted Richards out for them. Why is our home game at shithole Marvel, the old cash cow Collingwood thingo is it ??.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
David

Post by David »

warburton lad wrote:It is quite possible that we select a player or two in the mid season draft and one or more of them run out against the Doggies....
As far as I know there's nothing stopping that from happening!
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Out Cox omit checkers hamstring awareness this continuing kicking of behinds and letting the opposition back in matches
In De goey Howe a ruck player that we picked up in the mid season draft and keeping the foot on the throat when we are a few goals up
I think to be honest is a must win v dogs at marvel
It’s about time we actually played 4 quarters of good solid footy
Must say season so far has been so wish washy
Early tip for this game
Pies by 26 points
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

DT wrote:When is the mid season draft?
This Wednesday.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
David

Post by David »

Is Bytel any chance to come back in, presuming he's recovered from his concussion? I don't remember him setting the world on fire against the Eagles, but then again he wasn't on for very long before getting injured (maybe a bit over a quarter).
DT
Been liked: 6 times

Post by DT »

Jezza wrote:
DT wrote:When is the mid season draft?
This Wednesday.
Just in time!
Daicos, impossible angle ... Goal!
stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by stoliboy »

Our home game at Marvel (the Dogs home ground).

I watched the Swans vs Dogs game and the Dogs moved the ball fast. I worry about playing them on their ground with our injuries atm.

Will be another tough game.
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies2016 »

David wrote:
warburton lad wrote:It is quite possible that we select a player or two in the mid season draft and one or more of them run out against the Doggies....
As far as I know there's nothing stopping that from happening!
Nothing at all, other than the fact whoever is selected wouldn’t even know their new teammates nicknames or preferred foot, let alone the most basic of Collingwoods game day strategies. Whoever is selected won’t play against the Bulldogs, so we can rule that out.
In response to the above, MSD is Wed 29th.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies2016 »

David wrote:Is Bytel any chance to come back in, presuming he's recovered from his concussion? I don't remember him setting the world on fire against the Eagles, but then again he wasn't on for very long before getting injured (maybe a bit over a quarter).
I think he’s a chance, based on Wades comments. Conversely Carmichael is no chance because he hasn’t responded as well as they would like to the concussion protocol steps. The other one I didn’t see you mention is Markov. I imagine he’s available also. I think one of either Ash or Krueger would be real chances to play based on the fact they are at least both fresh and haven’t run themselves into the ground 7 days earlier.
Interestingly enough, both have also played as second ruck in the VFL…. not well at all but at least they attended the centre square bounce.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Given the injuries to Checkers and Cox, it seems to me that Kreuger must surely come into the side. Despite his average form in the VFL, he is a physical presence, who gives his all, and is big enough to help out, in short bursts, in the ruck.

McInnes should come back in as well. I don't know what issues Markov has been dealing with, but hopefully he'll return and bring his best back to the side.

We rarely play well at that shitty TV studio, which is the Dog's home ground, so it's going to be an even harder game to win.

Outs: Checkers, Cox, Parker (unlucky)

Ins: Kreuger, McInnes, Markov

Pies by 7 pts.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Ash Johnson can ruck.