Pre-Match. Pies v. Bulldogs. All comments

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

^ The injury update suggests McInnes will be unavailable until next week, unfortunately.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

You might be right David, but I think McInnes will be available.

However, it is imperative that we bring in Krueger. Obviously we'll need someone to relieve Cameron in short bursts in the ruck. He will also need to provide a strong physical presence up forward, regardless of whether he marks the ball or not. That can only mean that Krueger must come in.

Outs: Cox, Checkers, Richards, Parker
Ins: Krueger, Markov, Howe, McInnes

B: Maynard. Frampton. Howe
HB: Sidey. Moore Quaynor
C: Jaicos. Pendles. Noble
HF: McCreery. McInnes. Lipinski.
F: Schultz. Krueger. Hill
FOLL: Cameron, Naicos, Sullivan

IC: Crisp, Harrison, Markov, Dean, Allan (sub)

Pies by 12 points.

Piffdog - thanks for alerting me to my omission. I've now corrected it.
Last edited by RudeBoy on Tue May 28, 2024 9:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
piffdog
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by piffdog »

^ Rude I think you have one too many coming in by adding Howe too.

Out: Cox, Checkers, Richards, Parker drops off from Sub
In: Kreuger (I'd like to see him if for no other reason to see what carnage he can cause), Markov, Howe, Bytel (or Macrae?)

Ed Allan becomes the sub

I think the maths works doesnt it? Not sure if I have replace dlike for like - but thats looking like a bit of a luxury at the moment. Hopefully Pendles doesnt miss...
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Pies2016 wrote:Going by Wades injury report tonight, there’s nothing to suggest McInnes will be available this week. He speaks positively about Bytels return from concussion protocols but not so McInnes ( I’d be happy to be proven wrong )
Ah crap. Was hoping he’d be back. What is it with concussion now taking longer. This must be medical advice beyond the AFL 12 day protocols.

I’m not risking Howe. I’d have to go Ash Johnson after all. I don’t think we can swing Frampton forward due to Darcy, Jamarra and Lobbe if he comes in.
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

inxs88 wrote:You'd think the Pies would be picking Bryn Teakle this Mid season draft given no meaningful ruck backup outside Frampton.
Tigers in need of a ruck too with Naismith going down last week. Hopefully they need one of the KFs or pick the young Joe Pike from the Cats instead. I fear they want the more mature body though.

I would be picking Teakle if he’s there at our pick. Only 26hours til we know for real
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
swooper
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by swooper »

warburton lad wrote:Out Cox- In Krueger
Out Mihocek. In Howe
Out Richards In Markov

If we win two of the next three (somehow), we will hit our bye at 9 wins and 5 losses- That would make it very hard to make Top four but leave us in the mix to make the eight.

The injury crisis is essentially at the stage where it may derail our premiership hopes.

I have faith in McRae and co, but failing us drafting the next Len Thompson and Gordon Coventry in this week's mid-season draft, the flag may be slipping out of our grasp.

This is the worst injury toll for the Pies I can remember.
Reading this just made me so depressed ...
1eyedpie
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by 1eyedpie »

David wrote:^ The injury update suggests McInnes will be unavailable until next week, unfortunately.
AFL web sight writes could be available.

Quote:Young key forward Reef McInnes is on track to pass concussion protocols in time to face the Bulldogs after missing the trip to Western Australia, while Jack Bytel will also be available if he trains fully on Wednesday.
Never disperse your focus unless absolutely necessary. Face one adversary at a time!

BARRACK HARD!
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies2016 »

The Black and White Lion wrote:^
You don’t actually enter into the concussion protocol program until you’re virtually symptom free. You could be experiencing raging headaches for a month, so the program won’t commence until that player is free of basic concussion symptoms.
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

I reckon Bytel never really got a crack at it last time so if he’d earnt a spot then he’s deserving of another go. Parker showed enough in his limited time last week too. Ash surely this week.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

IF you want some positive vibes , re this match v Doggies, check out Swoop Lukes video on Utube, CARNAGE, what he says, is very true,spot on,and he gave me real hope for post the bye, very good, positive stuff to come out of this horror injury run, Check it out. !
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
robevpau1

Post by robevpau1 »

This challenging time is the right time to build further depth by providing more than one opportunity for our younger less-experienced players. I view it as a positive, even if some results do not go our way over the next few weeks.
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 26 times

Post by think better »

I think therefore I think - I think
Dark Beanie
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Doubt McInnes will play.
He is in the rehab group with Titch, Checkers and Jordy this morning

Bytel and Howie training in main group
Last edited by Dark Beanie on Wed May 29, 2024 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

oooh - I see the VFL side is playing a curtain raiser before the main game.
Last edited by WhyPhilWhy? on Wed May 29, 2024 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dark Beanie
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Yep, VFL starts at 4.05pm.

Playing the Bulldogs who are top of the ladder.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome