Major tackle rule change effective immediately

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Clifton Hill-Billy
Been liked: 7 times

Post by Clifton Hill-Billy »

We still won't get holding the ball calls because the opposition will just drop the ball or incorrectly dispose of it just as quickly, while we will get crucified every time our players touch the ball
"Hey Ma get off the dang roof!"
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Did the Hold The Daicos' Without the F^cking Ball rule also come into effect tonight?

That's what I saw...
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

I sort of like the new holding the ball interpretation. Players get suspended for taking a player down incorrectly, so blowing the whistle before that action looked ok to me.

However, the umpire is somewhat imagining the outcome and blowing the whistle early, on a couple of instances it bordered on tag team free's.

I do like it though, paying a free early stops the play, nevertheless, the game had a good flow to it.

There is more urgency to dispose the ball. On a couple of occasions, the player tacked gave me a sense of ' ok.. I've been tagged, I'll stop wiggling.

Not sure where it goes from here, but considering the previous farce, we might be on the right track.
piedys

Post by piedys »

Charlie Oneeye wrote:I sort of like the new holding the ball interpretation. ...

Not sure where it goes from here, but considering the previous farce, we might be on the right track.
All quite valid there Charlie boy.

I'll watch a couple of other games to see how these idiots interpret the rule.
My guess: 9 games x 4 imbeciles = 36 different chooklotto interpretations.
aus50ford
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by aus50ford »

piedys wrote:Did the Hold The Daicos' Without the F^cking Ball rule also come into effect tonight?

That's what I saw...
wasn't paid because it was confused with the 'lets throw the ball cause we never get pinged' rule
I don't have a snappy catch phrase
piedys

Post by piedys »

aus50ford wrote:
piedys wrote:Did the Hold The Daicos' Without the F^cking Ball rule also come into effect tonight?

That's what I saw...
wasn't paid because it was confused with the 'lets throw the ball cause we never get pinged' rule
What? You aren't referring to Treloar and his Welfare Rugby team that tossed the ball around all night with impunity, are you?
aus50ford

Post by aus50ford »

piedys wrote:
aus50ford wrote:

That's what I saw...
What? You aren't referring to Treloar and his Welfare Rugby team that tossed the ball around all night with impunity, are you?
It's that obvious to EVERYONE , why doesn't it get stamped out ??
I love this game so much, but the officialdom are frikin' useless at running it
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

FOUR umpires, so they’re obviously choosing to ignore it because the afl wants fast game high scoring (didn’t get that last night!).
aus50ford

Post by aus50ford »

Mr Miyagi wrote:FOUR umpires, so they’re obviously choosing to ignore it because the afl wants fast game high scoring (didn’t get that last night!).
Yeah, they ignore it until we work it into our game, then they'll 'fix the problem'

It's US against the world MrM I tell ya
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

piedys wrote: the officialdom are frikin' useless at running it.
Got it in one bro “piedys”. The eternally hard problem that’s now become too big even for the too hard basket. However unless the clubs join together and resolve to confront this, it will remain unsolved. Also the AFL have borrowed the old British Colonial tactic of “divide and rule” and keeping the clubs from banding together to initiate changes for the better. So there it is, an eternal problem that will continue to be an eternal problem due to the lack of intent or indeed leadership to deal with it once and for all. Nothing to see here, move along
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Don't know whether it's a good or bad rule interpretation. Time will tell how it evolves.

It was noticeable seeing HTB decisions being paid where they wouldn't have been previously. The consequence of it was the game flowed more smoothly rather than being bogged down by stoppage after stoppage.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Just watching Reid get caught HTB, JDG is going to have a 'mare if he doesn't adjust his style of play.

No more trying to bust through tackles.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.