We need to support Ash Johnson

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

The Pies have been ruthless the last 5 years with list management. It's been bye bye on our terms to:

* Stephenson
* Phillips
* Treloar
* Grundy
* Adams
* Poulter
* Ginnivan

I expect that to continue in October where Johnson is simply sold off to a club desperate and stupid for a 4th round chump pick despite having 1 year left on his contract or paid out (not to play) Zac Langdon/Jared Polec style.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

I feel a bit sorry for Ash. He's a natural, instinctive, highly skilled footballer but he's a 3rd tall not a KPP at AFL level. He plays his best when he's freed up to play naturally but he's being asked to play as a KPP within a very structured forward line, neither of which suit him.

You sense his confidence is shot and the only reason he played last night was because the only other uninjured player on our list over 6'3" who can play forward is Krueger. In hindsight, Krueger should have played instead.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
woodys_world69
Been liked: 20 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

hopefully they are just holding back Krueger for Queens bday clash since hes coming back from injury
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

woodys_world69 wrote:hopefully they are just holding back Krueger
They are waiting for him to grow into his body
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

His body is a lot like My Grandfathers Axe. :wink:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
lazzadesilva
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Thick? Sharp? Dealing with wooden people? Different strokes? You are a chip off the old block?
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

Theseus Paradox.

I inherited my Grandfathers Axe from my father. He replaced the head and I replaced the handle, but it's still My Grandfathers Axe.
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

stui magpie wrote:I feel a bit sorry for Ash. He's a natural, instinctive, highly skilled footballer but he's a 3rd tall not a KPP at AFL level. He plays his best when he's freed up to play naturally but he's being asked to play as a KPP within a very structured forward line, neither of which suit him.

You sense his confidence is shot and the only reason he played last night was because the only other uninjured player on our list over 6'3" who can play forward is Krueger. In hindsight, Krueger should have played instead.
I dealt with a similar player at my Local club last year, he just struggled with the physicality. He transferred and went down a grade in football and is doing well this year. You cannot manufacture this part of a player's game. The higher the level, the higher the intensity.
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

As most big companies would say in an email, we will support him as he seeks opportunities outside of the CFC.[/list]
Buon Giorno
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Can't see another club wanting to trade for him now either. Not sure we will delist him and pay out his contract. He's not working out in whatever role we've set and tried him in this year so far. Need to try something different.

Give him a break to freshen up the mind as there's nothing wrong with his body.

Need to find a different role for him too. If he's just an enigmatic talent, maybe we just need to let him be him rather than pigeon hole him into a role that restricts his natural abilities.
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

There’s a few on the list that won’t make it.

Johnson, McCrae, Ed Allen.
Beware the swooping Magpie.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Deleted what will be will be
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

burnsy17 wrote:There’s a few on the list that won’t make it.

Johnson, McCrae, Ed Allen.
Ed Allan? Wow! One game sample size.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

McCrae and Allan were both drafted pre Fly (IIRC) who would have different expectations than Bucks.

Both seem good honest footballers but lack leg speed and intensity. As they each have a year to go, trade Fin to the Dogs and Allan to West Coast (or Dockers). West Coast may also be interested in Ash
What'sinaname
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Ash shouldn't feel too bad. Petty had a worse game as a key forward today.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.