Post Match. Pies win another thriller. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Nearly

Post by Nearly »

Just watching the last quarter again. Really very impressed with Sullivan. In everything, cool, knows the system inside out, instrumental.

He can’t be dropped no matter who comes back.
Nearly

Post by Nearly »

1eyedpie wrote:What is amazing regarding this match is norf scored their first behind at the 2:45 min mark in first qtr then went on to kick 19 goals straight with their second behind kicked with less than 20 seconds left in the game!

This must be some sought of world record!
Even more amazing is that they managed to do this whilst kicking 4 behinds for the match.
1eyedpie
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by 1eyedpie »

^
2 behinds were rushed!

They kicked two behinds.
Never disperse your focus unless absolutely necessary. Face one adversary at a time!

BARRACK HARD!
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Take_a_Screamer wrote:1 match suspension...

Dawson lifts his elbow after Jack Crisp disposes of the ball, making contact with Jack's face.
https://www.zerohanger.com/afl-mro-port ... ns-152026/
Did Bruz get cited for that tackle? I haven’t heard anything so all good I think.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Nearly wrote:Just watching the last quarter again. Really very impressed with Sullivan. In everything, cool, knows the system inside out, instrumental.

It’s funny you say that because while his last quarter ( and the later part of third quarter when the heat came off ) we’re good, I thought he and some others struggled with Norths pressure in the first half. Sullivan currently strikes me as one of those players who is too good for the VFL but still yet to prove himself when the heat is really on at AFL level. To be fair, Norths pressure in the first half was elite but coping with elite pressure is what separates the best from the rest. Both Sullivan and Ned Long will be interesting watches for the rest of the season.
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

Pies2016 wrote:
Nearly wrote:Just watching the last quarter again. Really very impressed with Sullivan. In everything, cool, knows the system inside out, instrumental.

It’s funny you say that because while his last quarter ( and the later part of third quarter when the heat came off ) we’re good, I thought he and some others struggled with Norths pressure in the first half. Sullivan currently strikes me as one of those players who is too good for the VFL but still yet to prove himself when the heat is really on at AFL level. To be fair, Norths pressure in the first half was elite but coping with elite pressure is what separates the best from the rest. Both Sullivan and Ned Long will be interesting watches for the rest of the season.
I agree. Said as much in the game thread before the miracle started.
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Sullivan has played well since making his debut. However, once we get Pendles, JDG and possibly Mitchell back, there will be no room for him in our side. I like the kid, but he is a depth player. Nevertheless, he is a good depth player.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

What'sinaname wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:Umpires won us the game today.
Well,don’t sound so unhappy about it,
I am Da Man
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

RudeBoy wrote:I'm actually not interested in arguing with those supporters who tossed in the towel early in the game. That's their right. That's their problem. Live with it.

However, I am always ashamed of supposed 'supporters' who personally attack any of our players, regardless of how bad they are playing. It's fine to be disappointed, and to point out our weaknesses, including a lack of intensity. But....NEVER EVER accuse our players of being weak or not trying.

Finally, I don't intend to call out any Nicksters, for their disrespectful and weak kneed in-game comments. They will no doubt be highly embarrassed by their own immaturity, without me needing to call them out.
Well people do thing and says things during a Game they would never say after the Game

Very Emotional Time
I am Da Man
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

^ this
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

I’m happy to start a glass half empty match day thread next match if the mods will allow it…
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

A “Dry Area” and a “Wet Area” game day thread. Tasty.
Est. 2002
Big T
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

Lone Ranger wrote:It was reasonable for Sidey and Beau to think was was not 15 and so play on. In the deafening roar it was the right decision to reiterate he had paid the mark and bring them back
100% that is what likely happened. Not 15.
Buon Giorno
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Big T wrote:
Lone Ranger wrote:It was reasonable for Sidey and Beau to think was was not 15 and so play on. In the deafening roar it was the right decision to reiterate he had paid the mark and bring them back
100% that is what likely happened. Not 15.
The explanation doesn't align with how the game is umpired. While technically, what Laura Keane said might be correct (but I doubt it), umpires have paid 50 for when a player encroaches before the he/she has blown the whistle or called stand.

So if Keane is saying this was correct, she also saying that umpires have been wrong about 50 times this year.

Reality is, it should have been 50 once the umpires deemed he took the mark and didn't play on.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
1eyedpie

Post by 1eyedpie »

^

Am I the only one who heard a secondary voice say “play on” when Scott took the mark?

On the Couch last night played the audio without commentary and I swear you can hear another voice say play on, obviously from another umpire who thought it didn’t travel 15.
Never disperse your focus unless absolutely necessary. Face one adversary at a time!

BARRACK HARD!