Was it you? Fess up!

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

lazzadesilva wrote:I can’t see the AFL buying any face recognition technology for years ahead of other stated priorities...
^ And neither should they. It is nice to imagine living in a world without full authoritarian surveillance, at least for a little longer.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Newelly
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by Newelly »

David wrote:
lazzadesilva wrote:I can’t see the AFL buying any face recognition technology for years ahead of other stated priorities...
^ And neither should they. It is nice to imagine living in a world without full authoritarian surveillance, at least for a little longer.
To fool face recognition technology wear:

a hat and sunglasses (also try growing a beard)
make-up (hair metal did it so why not?) to reduce light bounce
tanning cream to reduce the light bounce
Chuffed to have seen 3 flag wins in my lifetime but still greedy for more.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

The lifetime ban on this bloke is a phucking disgrace. Maybe ban him for a few weeks, or perhaps for the remainder of this season, but to impose this life sentence is obscene. After all, it was a victimless 'crime'. I grew up in the era when the game belonged to the people, and everyone ran onto the ground at the final siren.

This is an example of the complete corporatisation of 'our game'. I hope our club supports this bloke in challenging the AFL in the courts for their over the top penalty.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

I heard tonight that the penalty will be assessed in 5 years. As I said, it’s hard to take this dribble seriously when they can’t obviously police it properly.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Newelly
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by Newelly »

RudeBoy wrote:The lifetime ban on this bloke is a phucking disgrace. Maybe ban him for a few weeks, or perhaps for the remainder of this season, but to impose this life sentence is obscene. After all, it was a victimless 'crime'. I grew up in the era when the game belonged to the people, and everyone ran onto the ground at the final siren.

This is an example of the complete corporatisation of 'our game'. I hope our club supports this bloke in challenging the AFL in the courts for their over the top penalty.
I agree. AFLHQ are f-wits.
Chuffed to have seen 3 flag wins in my lifetime but still greedy for more.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Skids »

A big fine ($50k) to discourage these peanuts is the go.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
Meredith1965

Post by Meredith1965 »

Skids wrote:A big fine ($50k) to discourage these peanuts is the go.
Fortunately, the AFL does not have the power to make laws and fine ordinary citizens. If they cannot umpire a football game well, it is probably best that they not be able to act as judge and jury.