Things that make you go.......WTF? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

Purely guessing but I reckon it would have to do with trying to remove barriers for Indigenous kids to go to school. They have a hard enough time getting them to go to school and likely to get their parents to get them vaccinated.

Bit of old school affirmative action, I don't have a problem with it.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Bucks5
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Bucks5 »

Yet they say indigenous people have the worst health outcomes and they get a free pass on vaccinations?
How would Siri know when to answer "Hey Siri" unless it is listening in to everything you say?
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Sadly, this is a real story and not something from the Bee.
A top cancer charity has apologised for using the word 'cervix' instead of trans-friendly 'front hole.'

The Canadian Cancer Society, which is run by philanthropist Andrea Seale, acknowledged the LGBTQ+ community on a webpage dedicated to cervical cancer, under the page's 'words matter' section.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -hole.html

I would have thought using such simpleton language would be more offensive. A front hole is how you might describe a cervix to a severely mentally disabled adult.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

WTF is wrong with people. "Cervix" is the anatomically correct term for part of the vagina and female reproductive organs. Like Uterus and Ovaries.

Cervical Cancer is a thing, calling that area "front Hole" is just ridiculously childish. If a Trans woman gets offended at people using the term Cervix because she doesn't have one then her gender identification is the least of her issues and she needs psychiatric help.

Are we still allowed to refer to Penis and Testicles or is that offensive to Trans men who don't have them?

:roll:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

^Yes, it would be silly, but if the text quoted is correct they didn't apologise or even use the term themselves; rather, they merely acknowledged the matter, saying "You may prefer...."

I haven't seen the full original content, though.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

OK, Fair enough to all that, but it's still a cervix. I suppose I can understand that some Trans Men would prefer not to be reminded that they're still biologically female and have female organs, but they can still get cervical cancer or ovarian cists or cancer.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Skids »

What'sinaname wrote:Sadly, this is a real story and not something from the Bee.
A top cancer charity has apologised for using the word 'cervix' instead of trans-friendly 'front hole.'

The Canadian Cancer Society, which is run by philanthropist Andrea Seale, acknowledged the LGBTQ+ community on a webpage dedicated to cervical cancer, under the page's 'words matter' section.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -hole.html

I would have thought using such simpleton language would be more offensive. A front hole is how you might describe a cervix to a severely mentally disabled adult.
What this planet needs is big arse comet impact and start again, it's beyond a joke now.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

Go back through recorded history, societies go through stages. Every dominant power reached their zenith, then fell after they reached the stage of drinking their own bathwater. Western Society is well into the final lap. May take another 100-150 years but it's inevitable.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

Skids wrote:What this planet needs is big arse comet impact and start again, it's beyond a joke now.
Whatever you think of modern society, I can assure you it's been a hell of a lot worse in the past.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

Cervix is t even an offensive sounding word! I’d say it in public. What do they call their clit?

Not that I give a ****, I really don’t, the whole thing is ridiculous. The word has been fine for how many hundred years! I’m mum. Not birthing vessel, or anything else, irs so damn offensive to genetic born woman. Go play with your front skin flap!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!