saying goodbye to mans best friend......

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
mandy

Post by mandy »

think positive wrote:Oh Mandy im so sorry, 4 is still a baby, that's so sad. i think i remember you posting about him being sick? they really do take a piece of your heart with you.

Max actually just came home, hes in a lovely urn, and im sure some people think its crazy, but it just feels so right to have him back!

cheers honey, and thankyou xxx
After 4 days at the vets he was diagnosed with inoperable stomach cancer. He looked so sad. We brought him home for one last night and also had the vet come to us the next day too. Couldn't bare the thought of taking him back there. He fell asleep on his favourite spot surrounded by us.

Ha! You're not crazy at all! We also had Floyd cremated and it was a real sense of relief when he returned home. It's where he belongs.

xx
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
think positive

Post by think positive »

mandy wrote:
think positive wrote:Oh Mandy im so sorry, 4 is still a baby, that's so sad. i think i remember you posting about him being sick? they really do take a piece of your heart with you.

Max actually just came home, hes in a lovely urn, and im sure some people think its crazy, but it just feels so right to have him back!

cheers honey, and thankyou xxx
After 4 days at the vets he was diagnosed with inoperable stomach cancer. He looked so sad. We brought him home for one last night and also had the vet come to us the next day too. Couldn't bare the thought of taking him back there. He fell asleep on his favourite spot surrounded by us.

Ha! You're not crazy at all! We also had Floyd cremated and it was a real sense of relief when he returned home. It's where he belongs.

xx
hugs honey, take care of you xx
think positive

Post by think positive »

wow, April 2011 we said goodbye to Chloe,
March 2017 we said goodbye to Max.

June 22nd 2024 we said goodbye to Molly, Max's 16 year old daughter.

Like max She lost her hair, and her body has been declining, no more ball chasing, She could fall over walking around a corner. Her eyesight and hearing were suffering, and of a night She would just stand in the middle of the room, Id go get her and put Her back in one of the 5 dog beds around the house or on the couch next to me!

2 weeks ago i took Her out to pee, and She couldn't get up the small step. Lately if the doors not open she pees near the back door in the laundry, the doggie door was too much for Her. But i was terrified She would go out and get caught in a hail storm or something. Thursday before the north game i took the dogs to the beach house and took them to the beach, molly in her little bag, under my arm, and we just walked. Friday I called the vet to make sure they still make house calls. I talked to the kids friday after work. Saturday we went wedding dress shopping for my eldest, Sunday was footy, Monday I met with the vet (without Molly). She gave me some sedatives for molly and let me cry! And i built her an ikea table!!! Aside from the dentist I didnt leave her side all week. My eldest bought her dog over to play, he loves Molly so much. I sat on the couch with her and a mountain of snacks, watching the golden girls! We took pictures with the kids and the other dogs. Friday night i got my daughter to take some of me and my baby girl in my studio. Molly was my whole heart, and She just worshipped the ground i walked on. Saturday we gave her as much biscoff out of the jar as she wanted, sat on the couch the heater on, I gave her a sedative at 1, the vet came at 2, and Molly was kissing me as her heart went quiet. No fear, no pain.

Mate the hole in my heart is so big, my soul hurts. We still have Beau, but hes juniors dog now. tomorrow ill take him for a walk down the beach. Hes looking for Her, but hes a big softy, he loved her but was scared of Her too! all 3.6 kg of Her! Sunny came today, and his 2 year old looney run around the house ended after he had checked all the dog beds for her, and he abruptly stopped at his dads (my future son in law) feet, and cried because Shes not here. I know how he feels!!!

Molly will be cremated and brought back to me in a matching urn to Her dads. I told my kids when i die, mix us up and dump us somewhere together!!

Long story, but hey, I havent been here much. Lots going on, transitioning to retirement, and .... Molly.

so thankyou if you're still reading!

This is Molly 18 months ago!

Friday night: scruffy, She hated being groomed, and I just didnt want to put Her through anything!

the look of love!

me and my baby

I love you so so much Molly.

Rest in Peace my Angel, until we meet again xxx

cheers
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Very sorry to hear that Jo.

Sounds like you had many great memories with her, so I'm sure that will be a source of comfort to you.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
think positive

Post by think positive »

Thanks Mate, it will.
I have a million pics of Her, so that makes me very happy xx
thankyou xxx
KenH

Post by KenH »

Sad to hear Jo, we love our pets so much and it is a huge loss when we lose them.
Cheers big ears
think positive

Post by think positive »

KenH wrote:Sad to hear Jo, we love our pets so much and it is a huge loss when we lose them.
thanks Ken,
they truly are family, and their love is truly unconditional, so rare!!!

cheers mate xxx
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Condolences Jo, but you gave her a dignified, loving send off probably better than many humans get. Well done and all the best.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

So sorry to hear, TP; what a little tiger she must've been. Great pics and a really touching end. Well done for managing the process like that.

It's amazing how much happiness they bring. We took Dolly the red cocker for another walk yesterday, and the greeting we get from her each week never fails to put a smile on our faces.

Incredible creatures.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Presti35
Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

I've said goodbye to three dogs and each one was very difficult.

December 31, 2002. We got Mitchell when I turned 5. I was devastated when we lost him. We had booked a place in the city for NYE and I didnt want to go, but was forced into going. Then I had to start a new job on the 2nd of Jan. In some ways I think I never really got over it and I missed him for a very long time.

It took us until 2009 to get another dog. We got 2 brothers, Bailey and Oliver. Oliver got an infection and we lost him not long after he turned 10. I'd moved out of home by this stage and had returned after a couple of years living abroad. But I was still attached to the two boys. It was another devastating experience and I always felt that he was robbed of 4 or 5 years of life.

Last year, in February, we lost Bailey who just went downhill in his final few days. I was not prepared for this one either as I thought he had some years left. He was 13.

My parents have just gotten a new puppy, Billy. My dad wasnt the same after Bailey died, but is a new man again with Billy running around.

I live with my partner and we have Morris who we adopted in December 2018. We have a 2 year old and a 3 month old at home and I'm not looking forward to that day. Where I have to tell them he has gone to heaven. We're not exactly sure how old he is, but they estimated that he was around 2 when we got him.

In another sad story, my sister who is vicualy impared has lost 3 guide dogs in her time. That is one of the saddest things you could see, when a blind person loses their dog.

I've said it a million times, I just wish that dogs lived longer. Even if it were 30-40 years, because 12-16 is just not long enough, and it is very hard to say goodbye.

Very sorry to read your post TP. There isnt much I can say other than you do get to a point where you are so glad that they were a part of your life. And that they lived a full and happy life. But I think you already know that. Best wishes to you.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Presti35
Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

Geez, I've got tears streaming down my face after typing that out.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:Condolences Jo, but you gave her a dignified, loving send off probably better than many humans get. Well done and all the best.
I said to the vet when my mum died and people said im so sorry, i always replied "if She was a dog i would have put Her down a year and my gorgeous vet replied and thats why Im a vet not a doctor, because I could let animals go out with dignity.".

Mollys passing was better than anyone I know except my motherinlaw, who had breakfast at the nursing home, got dressed, put on her red lipstick and fell into endless sleep in Her chair from home, just 6 days after She arrived there. She had breast cancer and a heart condition. And she went so peacefully. all we can hope for really.

I went and paid the bill and filled out the cremation details this morning- Molly was still there, so i opted for a final cuddle, and she just looked like She was asleep (snap frozen!). Yeah that might be weird to some, but it just gave me so much comfort after 2 days to be on my own with her, and say a final goodbye. I have 2 screens, shes the screen saver, so I can see Her as I type! I can feel Her all around me. Im hanging on to that feeling as long as I can. A good vet makes all the difference between feeling anguished, and at peace.

thanks mate appreciate your words xxx
think positive

Post by think positive »

pietillidie wrote:So sorry to hear, TP; what a little tiger she must've been. Great pics and a really touching end. Well done for managing the process like that.

It's amazing how much happiness they bring. We took Dolly the red cocker for another walk yesterday, and the greeting we get from her each week never fails to put a smile on our faces.

Incredible creatures.
yeah they sure are, they really are Gods gift to humans, and so many do not appreciate them.

Im sure one day, when junior leaves home (i guess i have to let go eventually!!) I will find another friend. I cant imagine not having dogs around me. Beau is shadowing me at the moment. Hes probably a bit confused, we did let Him say goodbye when She was at peace, but it will take a while, i still look for her! I took him to the beach this morning, and junior takes him for a walk before work everyday so hes got plenty of love coming at him! and boy do i need him right now!!

cheers mate, give dolly a cuddle for me! I took some pics for my sister in law of their cocker spaniels on sunday. funny dudes, 18 months old and just 12 weeks.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Presti35 wrote:Geez, I've got tears streaming down my face after typing that out.
I get that! so so much!

I cant imaging losing a guide dog, being blind would be so hard without that added in. dogs are truly amazing.

when I get to the bridge ill hopefully have a few waiting for me. Tootsie was my dog as a kid, then there was my beloved bull terrier I got from lort smith as a tiny puppy, mischief, and a rescue blue healer, Jessie, followed by the poodles, (hubbies choice) Chloe, Max, and my darling Molly.

I had a few horses, but there is one, my first, He was dumped in a paddock after being stolen, a 13.2 hand pony called Clyde, we won the bending race at the Aust novelty championships at Werribee park one year. but more than that, He was my best friend at my lowest time, The one who gave me some self belief. I have his one day event and novelty championship sashes hanging up in my gym! its been 30 years but Occasionally I still dream about him, and its so real, I dont want to wake up! I didnt go looking for a horse, i felt sorry for him and bought him! I also rescued a dumped part arab foal, I broke in myself, she broke my knee cap, and I onsold her to someone who knew what they were doing! I rescued a pacer, that was fun! But Clyde was with me long after the rest were gone, My oldest was a few months old, and clyde was 17 when he got colic and I had to let him go.

I held Ginnie the sheep as he passed after he injured his hip, and then gave Billy to someone who had other sheep, and he doesnt come over to me anymore! Im glad Hes happy!

I still have 2 chickens in the backyard, wild thing and princess layer (hubbys choices for the names!).

so yeah, its almost 1am, night 3 with out a wet nose next to me! I have missed them all, but like Clyde, Molly is all around me! last night i got up at 2am and watched more golden girls til i fell asleep on the couch at 4am!

cheers guys, hug your furbubs! jo xx