Post Match. Pies Sunburnt . All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

IN Fly we trust , Fly will be seething after this defeat, make NO mistake bout that. Very hard to win up at that shithole, old land of Skase the rogue. We will hit back hard next match, lessons learnt, Dean back in, injured rusty players with a game under their belt, will be far better for the run today. Move on now, lot of footy to play out yet. Im sticking fat, side by side, **** naysayers.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
swooper
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by swooper »

With Freo winning today, getting four points today was very important. We are back in the mix now with fresh injury concerns and a tough few matches ahead
Last edited by swooper on Sat Jun 29, 2024 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Sydney lost today on their homeground against a team that we should have beaten - with a semi-VFL team- on their homeground
This season is just a crazy, random, chaos fractal.
Lilterally anything can happen.

Winning tonight would have "cemented" a top 4 position, but nothing this year is cemented.
This loss was bitterly disappointing.
As usual, we did not accept defeat and almost (again ) found a path to a miracle.
But i feel like this will only strengthen us.
This team is made of steel.
The blacksmith will melt the steel again and out of the furnace will solidify once again a team hell bent on victory next week.
I havent seen Fly's presser yet, but look forward to it. He hates losing. The look in his eye will let you know that whoever our opponent is next week, we are coming for you.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

Damien wrote:
Big T wrote:
slangman wrote:Suns ultimately too good but geez we did everything to lose the game.

Bobby Hill needs a spell in the VFL to re learn the basics and eliminate that one handed Hollywood rubbish that he’s constantly attempting all season.
Extremely frustrating to watch especially when you know how talented he is.
No chance. He might have over played a few but he had them shitting themselves all night and should have received a bunch of frees that they were getting at the other end
Exactly Big T. The timing is a fine line and Bobby was slightly off tonight. Are you suggesting Slangman that Bobby changes his style? The style that probably won us the GF last year and last weeks game just to name two? Really, some of you so called supporters need a red card or a self-imposed ban from commenting immediately after a loss.
Don’t start the “so called supporters” rubbish. Don’t imply that you are somehow a “better supporter” because you see things through rose coloured glasses.

Yes Bobby Hill was fantastic last year but I’m not talking about 2023. That’s done and dusted.
Averaging 1.4 goals a game for someone so talented is not 2023 form. Two weeks ago vs North he was fantastic but could you name another game that he was brilliant in this year??
Too many times trying tha fancy one handed stuff and not to mention his poor kicking for goal this year. Missed two goals which a player of his talent and ability should kick. This has been a theme of his all season.
I like Bobby Hill but some poor traits have infiltrated his game this season and they are stopping him from impacting more games that a player of his talent should.
Last edited by slangman on Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Side By Side -
swooper
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by swooper »

I don't understand what is wrong with Darcy and IQ? Why was Dean dropped? We leak too many goals and look a bit of a rabble back there at times. With Essendon next week, this is a real concern. We absolutely need to sort all of this out before September if we are to have any impact at all...
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

swooper wrote:I don't understand what is wrong with Darcy and IQ? Why was Dean dropped? We leak too many goals and look a bit of a rabble back there at times. With Essendon next week, this is a real concern. We absolutely need to sort all of this out before September if we are to have any impact at all...
Easy to say in retrospect, but yeah, maybe should have retained Dean instead of Oleg.
It looked like neither Frampton nor Darcy were in sync to control king. We should have done better than that.
However, their midfield overcame ours for most of the first three quarters, it seemed to me.
Pendles will be better next week, and JDG will be as well (watch out, at times he looked threatening)
Schultz will return next week (to replace Beau), and Richards stays in the top 22.
Like everyone, I am really down that we lost, but I see this game as a plus in that:
a) we still could have won it (team mentality)
b) gives us insight how to move the pieces while still waiting for key players to return.
BTW, if Cox had been playing tonight, I feel like we would have gotten over the line.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
thesoretoothsayer
Been liked: 14 times

Post by thesoretoothsayer »

Look on the bright side.
The AFL will be ecstatic that the GCS beat the Pies at home in front of a sell out crowd.
That, surely, is some consolation for the loss.
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

thesoretoothsayer wrote:Look on the bright side.
The AFL will be ecstatic that the GCS beat the Pies at home in front of a sell out crowd.
That, surely, is some consolation for the loss.
None whatsoever. What are you on about?
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

Piesnchess wrote:They Bye curse, plus few of our guys bit rusty after long lay off, injured, it happens. Suns sharks at home, unbeatable, but minnows away, real typical franchise Qld team, all fizz an no substance. Move on now, we have tough matches coming up, learn from this defeat, learn lessons, and move on quickly.
I have only one question for you. Did you walk the dog?
Buon Giorno
ANNODAM
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by ANNODAM »

We’ll drop even lower if GWS beats ADL.

Tough row to hoe from here, ESS (currently) looking the goods.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

Magpietothemax wrote:
swooper wrote: Easy to say in retrospect, but yeah, maybe should have retained Dean instead of Oleg.

BTW, if Cox had been playing tonight, I feel like we would have gotten over the line.
Markov has been well below par all year and I think without hindsight he should not have played. Baffling selection.

Agree re Coxy - we r missing him
Buon Giorno
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

ANNODAM wrote:We’ll drop even lower if GWS beats ADL.

Have faith.
They are playing an out of form Geelong team who have lost Hawkins.
We are rebounding from a defeat, at some remote football ground in Northern Australia that only the GC Suns know how to navigate.
The anger in our guys at this loss will be welling out of the veins.
JDG, Pendles, Checkers...great warm up for next week.
Midfield: disappointing overall this game, but with Pendles and JDG fired up for next week, things will be different.
Schulz back adds pressure into F50, and JoeR stays in as a Jamie Elliott look alike for now.
Need to review the defence structures as well: does Dean come in as an extra tall?
Plenty of options to calibrate the team selection for next week.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Big T wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:They Bye curse, plus few of our guys bit rusty after long lay off, injured, it happens. Suns sharks at home, unbeatable, but minnows away, real typical franchise Qld team, all fizz an no substance. Move on now, we have tough matches coming up, learn from this defeat, learn lessons, and move on quickly.
I have only one question for you. Did you walk the dog?

Ha ha, nah pissing rain here, plus fast asleep, as pups are prone to do, I did turn the radio off last few mins, my mum used to do that, hoping putting back on, would bring victory, it worked a treat mostly. :P :lol:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by stoliboy »

Gold Coast deserved to win.

Once again we let a team get a massive head start and it takes everything going right to claw the margin back.

Also that goal Gold Coast got out of the centre to go two goals up. We had Pendlebury, De Goey and Daicos in the centre for that bounce (our Grand Final winning play makers) and they won it out of the centre.

Fair play.
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
ANNODAM
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by ANNODAM »

Magpietothemax wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:We’ll drop even lower if GWS beats ADL.

Have faith.
They are playing an out of form Geelong team who have lost Hawkins.
We are rebounding from a defeat, at some remote football ground in Northern Australia that only the GC Suns know how to navigate.
The anger in our guys at this loss will be welling out of the veins.
JDG, Pendles, Checkers...great warm up for next week.
Midfield: disappointing overall this game, but with Pendles and JDG fired up for next week, things will be different.
Schulz back adds pressure into F50, and JoeR stays in as a Jamie Elliott look alike for now.
Need to review the defence structures as well: does Dean come in as an extra tall?
Plenty of options to calibrate the team selection for next week.

And wouldn’t it just be our luck we help GEEL overcome their lack of form the following week.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!