Fly is tired of these endless late comebacks, so am I!

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Fly is tired of these endless late comebacks, so am I!

Post by Piesnchess »

IN his Presser, post Suns defeat, Fly is perplexed and getting over these seemingly endless late match comebacks, an I am too. He gives great credit for our fortitude, guts, in mounting these comebacks, but is puzzled WHY we seem to play brilliant, maniac football in the last quarters, when a mile behind on the scoreboard, WHY OH WHY CANT WE PLAY LIKE THAT, UTTER DESPERATION, IN THE SECOND, THIRD QUARTERS ?? Why play shit in yesterdays second, third tr, as we did v Norf, then go helter skelter nuts in the last, to try to pull the game out of the fire ?? I concur, wouldnt it make a real nice change, for v the Bombers, we kick 5 goals first qtr, 4 the second, 3 in the third, and 6 in the last, which should ensure a comfy, cool victory, for once ? Make a nice change, hey ? And continue in that vein, rest of the season ?

Thoughts ?? :? :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Oh Piesnchess, it would be fabulous if we did that, I especially against Essenscum. I would be incredibly happy. I so wish we get some form back.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
woodys_world69
Been liked: 20 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

I dont understand how Howe can go forward in modern footy, with the amount of line meetings they have during the week and between each Quarter how does he know the game plan... he would know overall structure and experienced in leading patterns etc...but i feel like putting him up forward is just an admission the gameplan isnt working and not really about personnel up there
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

woodys_world69 wrote:I dont understand how Howe can go forward in modern footy, with the amount of line meetings they have during the week and between each Quarter how does he know the game plan... he would know overall structure and experienced in leading patterns etc...but i feel like putting him up forward is just an admission the gameplan isnt working and not really about personnel up there
Your quite right that it's not an ideal position to have to move Howe forward, especially during the game, but at least Howe is smart enough to be an effective swing-man and play effective footy at either end of the ground. I think with both Mihocek and Kreuger playing there should be less need to move Howe forward but I would like to see Reef McInnes played as well to give us another forward taller option. I think Reef McInnes has shown enough that he should be persisted with as a leading tall forward.
I don't like seeing Bobby Hill played at Full Forward. He's not built for it and it robs us of his running a creativity off half forward where he is at his best.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
derkd

Post by derkd »

Simple stat:

2023 - our deffence was #2 in the comp

2024 - our deffence is ranked #12 in the comp

These 'come backs' wouldnt be needed if we were not leaking such big scores. Wont be anywhere near the last saturday in september on the above stat alone.

All the players due to come back are forwards or mids.... not deffenders.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Done with giving easy soft first 3 goals to the opposition.
Be like 18-0 only 4 mins in the match.
All of a sudden its a long day or night and that feeling of here we go again and its another battle on our hands.
Been the story of 2024.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

derkd wrote:Simple stat:

These 'come backs' wouldnt be needed if we were not leaking such big scores. Wont be anywhere near the last saturday in september on the above stat alone.

While those stats may be true, I suspect they reflect how we are performing further up the ground, where we are allowing the opposition midfielders to move the ball quickly into attack.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

My take is we really, really miss Murphy, badly, he was Darcys partner in crime, they worked well together, fed off each other, time an again. Moore is struggling without Murphy to hold up his end, Moore needs more assistance downback now .
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Murphy was our backline.
Moore and Frampton were the side shows.
I baffled on who comes close to Murphy to me Murphy won it for us down back.
Also start of games opposition are just wlaking through the centre clearances with out any pressure.
Easy as they like.
Like walking the ball out.
derkd

Post by derkd »

Piesnchess wrote:

My take is we really, really miss Murphy, badly, he was Darcys partner in crime, they worked well together, fed off each other, time an again. Moore is struggling without Murphy to hold up his end, Moore needs more assistance downback now .
Yes i agree, we do miss his presence very much, in the same breath Melbourne have lost Brayshaw.

Unfortuntly, these guys wont be coming back.....We (Collingwood) are going to have to find some form of a fix, i am not sure what that looks like. persist with Dean?
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by shawthing »

We're going to need another one this week too. Fly might be upset, but the players are no longer listening. It seems like Groundhog Day tonight.
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

shawthing wrote:We're going to need another one this week too. Fly might be upset, but the players are no longer listening. It seems like Groundhog Day tonight.
Are you suggesting he’s lost the players?
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

we look tired
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by shawthing »

Haff wrote:
shawthing wrote:We're going to need another one this week too. Fly might be upset, but the players are no longer listening. It seems like Groundhog Day tonight.
Are you suggesting he’s lost the players?
NO! He could be tougher, but our players are mostly dumb. Darcy Moore wants to be in International Relations. Something he's studying at Uni I think. Is he serious about being a footballer or not? If not he should resign and go overseas or something. But this year he's the prime example of a player totally losing the plot.
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Honourable losses by the reigning premier; what a f@cking joke
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever