The ruck situation

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Who rucks for us next week if Cameron is out?

Kreuger
No votes
Frampton
71%
Johnson
6%
Someone else
24%

Total votes: 17

shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by shawthing »

It has to Peter Frampton. He can't play anywhere else. And Krugs would almost certainly break down in the first quarter his body is so fragile.

How about we tell our mids to ruck to the opposition ruckmen.
shawthing
Been liked: 56 times

Post by shawthing »

masoncox wrote:Why not use Moore!!!!
He could be a great ruckman!!!
Maybe we will keep him playing the kick out week in week out
He loves turning the ball over with the kick out.
You win games in the midfield these days.
That is where we have lost the last 2 weeks.
Is is the midfield stupid!
His old man who won 2 brownlows is adamant that is where he should play
Actually that's not stupid. He knows how to use his knees in a contest. :lol:
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 117 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

I chose someone else as Kreuger, Frampton, and Johnson are not ruckmen by a long shot. Watching Kreuger and Frampton trying to ruck is almost funny if it wasn't so tragic. May as well play Smit - he would be just as effective as those three.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

David wrote:^ Yeah I didn’t even include Smit in the poll as I assume there’s zero chance he plays AFL this year.
Stranger things have happened, Monkey was 18 when he made his snr debut.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Smit has been beaten in the ruck in the VFL but he is good with his 2nd efforts.
Last week he got smashed in the hitouts but still managed 5 clearances.

Previous week against North he was better in hitouts.

May depend on how he goes against Frankston tomorrow.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

yeah Nick Bryan was too tall for Smit last week and monstered him at the tap. Could depend on who Geelong plays as ruck, if it's Stanley then Smit might be half ok but Blicsavs would teach Smit a new one.
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

stui magpie wrote:Stranger things have happened, Monkey was 18 when he made his snr debut.
Rnd 2, 1988?
Matthews sat him on the interchange bench for the entire match, got splinters in his arse, and ZERO game time.
We didn't see him again until late 1989, after Cloke and Wes were cooked.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:Haha, PS4....your restraint is admirable....you would have grounds for a fair dinkim 'I told youse!' rant.

My word Freddy looked poorly as a Ruck didn't he? Don't think he is the right option.

I'd say it will be Frampton....and to be honest he looked lost in the backline tonight, so at least its a role he might be able to play. Did OK in those rounds last year when we were ruckless....
Yet as soon as we got rid of him, we won the premiership...
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

and 12 months later he was a Premiership ruckman. :wink:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times

Post by eddiesmith »

stui magpie wrote:^

More likely, 12 months later he completed his destruction of Collingwood by handing Carlton no17...
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

eddiesmith wrote:
stui magpie wrote:^

More likely, 12 months later he completed his destruction of Collingwood by handing Carlton no17...
That was meant for Piedys, referring to Monkey. You snuck in between posts.
Pies2016
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Latest update is that Cameron “ only “ has bruised ribs. The other good news is that we are playing the Cats whose Achilles heel is their ruck division. If we don’t have a ruckman available, it’s probably the week you want him out.
If Cameron doesn’t play, surely it’s Frampton who rucks, mainly because you can minimise disruption in the backline by replacing him with Dean. I can’t see Krueger rucking when we’ve just lost Miochek. Setting up with a forward line without both Miochek and Krueger wouldn’t leave us with many tall forward options at all.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Pies2016
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies2016 »

^^^’
Just to clarify on Dean. As you said, he was playing last night but we could still set up with Moore, Dean and Howe as back six defenders and have Frampton in the ruck dropping back to help out.
The forward line would then look something like Krueger and McInnes ( who are at least players with forward qualities ) as the talls and not much else because there simply isn’t anyone else. If the coaches decide Howe needs to stay forward, then the deck chairs would take on a different shape again.
Ultimately, we’re all hoping Cameron does get up and its just not an issue for us.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Big T wrote:I voted on Pies4Shaws behalf and chose Grundy
If Grundy had been our ruck last year we wouldn’t have another premiership cup in the cardboard guaranteed
We got rid of him for a reason same as Melbourne
I was being facetious. End of the day I believe everything happens for a reason - glad we won the flag with Cameron and Cox (who is crucial for this team and boy are we missing him, haters take note) and Grundy belongs in Sydney where their structure cattle and home ground suit him. I hope he wins a flag with Tay.
Buon Giorno