The ruck situation

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Who rucks for us next week if Cameron is out?

Kreuger
No votes
Frampton
71%
Johnson
6%
Someone else
24%

Total votes: 17

Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

I’d still go with Moore. It’s time we did something different.
Buon Giorno
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Here’s a long bow option. If Cameron doesn’t come up and Eyre plays well tomorrow, maybe we see our 10th debutant. He mightnt be ready but he is 200cm and done a few pre seasons.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Seems like Cameron has escaped any serious injury. Thank Christ for that.
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times

Post by stui magpie »

I didn't get to watch the VFL game, Grandson duties, but it's just finished, Frankston won by 19 points.

Ash kicked 5 goals, Reef hardly touched it (don't know if he was injured), Smit had 35 hitouts, 10 disposals, 4 clearances and 6 tackles.

Eyre must have played forward, he had 6 disposals, 1 goal and 3 hitouts.

I glanced at the stats at half time and it would seem Smit tired in the 2nd half as his posession count was down but won the most hitouts of any ruck on the ground and equal highest number of tackles.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies2016 »

stui magpie wrote:I didn't get to watch the VFL game, Grandson duties, but it's just finished, Frankston won by 19 points.

Ash kicked 5 goals, Reef hardly touched it (don't know if he was injured), Smit had 35 hitouts, 10 disposals, 4 clearances and 6 tackles.

Eyre must have played forward, he had 6 disposals, 1 goal and 3 hitouts.

I glanced at the stats at half time and it would seem Smit tired in the 2nd half as his posession count was down but won the most hitouts of any ruck on the ground and equal highest number of tackles.
^^^
General concensus from the VFL thread is that Reef has likely done an injury, unless they pulled him out before half time knowing he will replace Miochek on a 5 day break.
Smit looks a a very tantalising prospect. He’s already big bodied, reasonably athletic and ok below his knees with his second efforts. Too early to rate his marking and we shouldn’t expect a tank at such a young age. I don’t mind Steene either but Smit and Steene appear to have contrasting strengths and weaknesses in their game, so hopefully at least one of them makes the grade.
The commentators reckon Eyre showed a bit but I can only assume that was before I started watching after half time. He did cop a couple head knocks in close proximity and one would have slowed down a bull elephant. He might yet be in the protocols by the time the injury report comes out.
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

If there was a time to give Smit a shot as a kid it would be next week against Geelong who's rucks are De Koenig and Blicavs, neither of who are "monsters" but both of whom would run him into the ground individually let alone collectively.

If Cameron needed a game off, I'd play Smit with Kreuger as 2nd ruck and give Smit instructions to not try to go with his opponent around the ground, rely on team defence to do that, just focus on staying largely around the centre square area, play a kick behind the ball and conserve energy for stoppages.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 78 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

I’ll go with Stui here give Smit a go this week
Cameron needs a week off and this is the logical week
Both Frampton and Krueger can pinch hit in the ruck
Howe can move back to defence Krueger starts forward
Moore on Cameron and tell him this is his week to lead
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

Pies2016 wrote:Here’s a long bow option. If Cameron doesn’t come up and Eyre plays well tomorrow, maybe we see our 10th debutant. He mightnt be ready but he is 200cm and done a few pre seasons.
I like the look of Eyre. Just posted a draft prospectus thing on him.
Worth a shot I reckon.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.