Thank you Josh Carmichael - all the best in your retirement

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 112 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Was just asking about him today and wondering why he’s not getting games. Now we know why. All the best to him and his health, life is more important than a game
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

So sad to see him unable to fulfill his potential with us. Life is a hard task master they say. All the best for your future Josh.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
thesoretoothsayer
Been liked: 14 times

Post by thesoretoothsayer »

Human Comment:
Very sad news for Josh Carmichael.
I really enjoyed his early AFL matches, his long booming kicks for goal and always kept an eye out for him in the VFL.
I sincerely hope that the injuries he's sustained have negligible or no impact on his future health, wish him all the best in his future endeavours and celebrate that he got to wear the black and white.

Cold, Impersonal (hate to be the arsehole) Comment:
Played 1 senior game in 2023 (Round 3 and dropped the next week).
Played no senior games in 2024 despite the long injury list. (this may, may not, be due to concussion issues - i don't know).
He was originally recruited as a midfielder but seems to have been overlooked in favour of players like Sullivan, Bytel and, now, Long. (this may, may not, be due to concussion issues - i don't know).
His contract expires 2024 and I question whether he was going to be at Collingwood next year.
Presti35
Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

Very sad news for him. And also for the club and supporters.

He had the opportunity to go to another club and stayed. (Believed it was StK doing most of the asking).Those clubs would have come calling again this year too. I thought he could have been an understudy to Jack Crisp. Essendon were heavily linked to him at the time of the MSD too.

He could have been anything.

I remember his second game, it was Pendles 350th over in Adelaide. He had an excellent game; 24 disposals and a goal. I remember thinking we'd uncovered something here.

2 players forced into retirement this year. That sucks!

:cry: :cry:
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

sad, very sad, now we have lost two players. Best wishes mate.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

What'sinaname wrote:Feel like a bit of a karma bus post Brayshaw. We’ve lost two players and the only players in the league.
:roll: Mr. Conspiracy.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

Tragic news , Thanks for your service Josh, hope things improve for you.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

3rd degree wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:Feel like a bit of a karma bus post Brayshaw. We’ve lost two players and the only players in the league.
:roll: Mr. Conspiracy.
It's not a conspiracy. The AFL aren't conspiring with the medical board to retire our players.

It's just karma. Bruz's smother ended the career of Brayshaw. And we all know he was seriously lucky not to get suspended. Since getting lucky not losing a player who concussed an opponent and forced them into retirement, we;ve had two players forced into retirement due to concussion. That's karma.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
neil
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by neil »

Sad that we are loosing him but agree his health and future are far more important
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by shawthing »

Best wishes to the lad. Awful that so many players are going out to this scourge. Time to wear head protective gear like that young kid at the Giants. It will come, don't worry about that. The AFL will mandate it eventually.
ANNODAM
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by ANNODAM »

All the best, health is more important than footy.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!