Post Match. Pies down to Cats. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

masoncox wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Haff wrote: Dude settle down. Taking the flag for missing the finals in an injury plagued season any day of the week!

True this dude wallows on mass pessimism, shits me to tears, has all the earmarks of a damn troll. Dickhead. :roll: :roll:
You spend a lot of time and posts with criticism of other posters.
Stick to the footy analysis and leave your fellow brethran alone.

im loyal to my team , ths dude constanlyty knocks us all the time, and dont tell me what to do. Stop stalking me too piss off.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

ANNODAM wrote:Should’ve kept Ginni & Adams, they’d go alright in this team if we still kept them on the list.

But nah…
Nah, Tay is another veteran warrior...and the veteran warriors are now riding into the sunset.
As much as I regret saying it, because I admired Tay's courage so much, his leaving was actually what we needed. We needed to identify, and blood, the next generation of midfield warriors. His departure has forced our hand, along with Titch's injury.
Ned Long was great tonight.
Reef McInnes needs time on the ground to show us what he's got through the midfield as well.
Fin McCrae needs to be given a chance over the next few games to see if he is one of the next generation.
If Tay had been covering, we would have gotten far fewer games into the next generation.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
shawthing
Been liked: 56 times

Post by shawthing »

piedys wrote:
Well I'm already broken; but would have been beyond repair had we lost....
Chin up mate. We're down for the count this year, so it's important we throw in the towel for 2024 and make sure that our fight in 2025 is a knockout again. But we can't keep taking this many blows for much longer.

There's not a single Collingwood player (and I'm including Nick in this) who has improved on last season. Of course we've blooded some new kids with promise. Richards looked alright tonight. But all those players we relied on last year have either been injured or have just stunk the joint up bigtime. And there are some big names in there.

As for the yellow perils, we know they hate Collingwood: Is the Pope a Catholic? Does the sun rise every morning? As we've said time and again, it's not the total free kick count that matters, but where they are paid and when they AREN'T paid.
Magpietothemax
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

piedys wrote: If Buckley were still coaching, EVERYBODY would be calling for his head on a platter by now.

I don't want to hear about injuries any more; some very reliable depth players were let go post last season.

Go to AFL website and check the stats for marks:

https://www.afl.com.au/afl/matches/6046#player-stats

Buckley didn't win a flag.
Fly did.
Stay strong Piedys.
You have to acknowledge injuries.
Otherwise, you're falling for the propaganda: "it doesn't matter who plays, it's just how you play" (I wish Fly would stop saying that)
Cox and McStay back soon to add height.
I hope we give McInnes a chance for a full game next week.
If AJ plays well in the VFL, maybe he gets his chance as well.

Nothing to lose now for this team.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
shawthing

Post by shawthing »

Piesnchess wrote:

True this dude wallows on mass pessimism, shits me to tears, has all the earmarks of a damn troll. Dickhead. :roll: :roll:
Nice to see we live in North Korea Piesnchess! I thought at least we let people speak without abusing them here. We can dislike what someone thinks about the club and disagree, but FFS play the ball and not the man! :evil:
Collingwouldn't
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Collingwouldn't »

i hate carlton wrote:Disappointing final quarter
CARLTON are what bring you comfort after that? Jesus, look at your handle. We're not playing well -- live with it.
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

shawthing wrote:
piedys wrote:
Chin up mate. We're down for the count this year, so it's important we throw in the towel for 2024 and make sure that our fight in 2025 is a knockout again. But we can't keep taking this many blows for much longer.

There's not a single Collingwood player (and I'm including Nick in this) who has improved on last season. Of course we've blooded some new kids with promise. Richards looked alright tonight. But all those players we relied on last year have either been injured or have just stunk the joint up bigtime. And there are some big names in there.

As for the yellow perils, we know they hate Collingwood: Is the Pope a Catholic? Does the sun rise every morning? As we've said time and again, it's not the total free kick count that matters, but where they are paid and when they AREN'T paid.
Darcy Cameron has definitely improved on last year.
That’s probably it.
Est. 2002
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

shawthing wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Nice to see we live in North Korea Piesnchess! I thought at least we let people speak without abusing them here. We can dislike what someone thinks about the club and disagree, but FFS play the ball and not the man! :evil:

I do play the ball, but not when they spruik endless mindless pessimism and negativity, with absolutely no commonsese, whatsoever. Trolls from other clubs do come on here mate.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Pendles absolutely embarrassed tonight by Dangerfield.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
shawthing

Post by shawthing »

^ Perhaps Raw Hammer. I thought Darcy was very good last year too.

But it's not all injuries that have cruelled us. I mean look at the form of Moore and IQ. I mean tonight every time IQ got the ball he kicked it into a Cats player.
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

warburton lad wrote:I lament the absence of the following tonite through injury...

Cox, Howe, McCreery,McStay, Mihocek and Mitchell (I count McStay as he is only returning this week from an ACL) would all be in that 23 this evening if fit...That is a fair chunk of talent in anyone's book.

We have kids like: Allan, Macrae, Sullivan, Dean, Jiath, Demattia, Eyre, Begg, Ryan, Steene and Smit either injured or just learning the trade in the VFL. Some will make it, others (including Ash Johnson & perhaps Bytel) appear to be on the way out.

Apart from the ritual boning from the maggots tonight, our players have looked tired all year- special thanks to the AFL for giving us the shortest preseason ever given to a reigning premier.

Richards, Harrison, Krueger and Long all played tonight and will be better for the experience against a quality opposition...

After the crap start being three goals down, we showed some ticker but butchered the ball going forward and missed some gettable goals.

Prudent pruning of the list is surely required- we need to jag Josh Battle to shore up the defence and a clever and quick half back would be gold. A tall wingman (Tomlinson or Mason Wood) both unrestricted Free Agents, would be great too.

There is another flag in this list- even if we happen to miss the eight- put in an enormous pre season and tackle 2025 with renewed energy.

If, by chance, we still made the eight, I maintain that NO side will want to play us if we have anywhere near a full list...

Floreat Pica.
perfectly put
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

Cameron was great tonight.
No Cox to help out.
Heart of a lion.
Well done son.
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

masoncox wrote:Cameron was great tonight.
No Cox to help out.
Heart of a lion.
Well done son.
Our best player tonight. Deserves much credit for kicking on and improving from last year.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

Piesnchess wrote:
shawthing wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

I do play the ball, but not when they spruik endless mindless pessimism and negativity, with absolutely no commonsese, whatsoever. Trolls from other clubs do come on here mate.
Go back and look at my other comments that are actually calling out positives. Oh sorry, didn’t suit the narrative. Play on.
Just saying in regards to these players that I personally don’t think they’ll make it. Maybe an early crow.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

shawthing wrote:
piedys wrote:

Yeh, I agree, we have had no continuity to our season, no settled side a revolving door of mass injuries , second only to Richmond, and look where they are now.! Plus , we are the hunted, not the hunter, as reigning Premier to every other team,its their GF playing us. Losing McStay , Jamie, and Murphy , retired, hit us massivley, huge losses, Moore lost his tag team buddy, permanently , murphy was a big key to our backs, Dwayne Russell summed us up , most sides can cover 3-4 injuries long term, but not 8-9, as has been our fate,its a bridge too far. Next season a few retirements, far less injuries, and some canny recruiting, plus we do have some promising kids, that have played, load up an go again. It is what it is.