Charlie Dean Vs Billy Frampton

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Charlie Dean Vs Billy Frampton

Post by inxs88 »

It seems Billy Frampton can have repeated low possession and high goals against count week in week out and is never omitted yet Charlie Dean only needs to fart yet is omitted every second game.

Staggering!
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

IN Fly we trust.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Dean looks too slow to my eye. Plus he is not as tall as Frampton.
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

And Frampton can play more positions
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

Gee Billy Frampton's form in the backline has been very average over the last couple of weeks. I'm now of the opinion that Charlie Dean is a better defender than Frampton and the only reason that Frampton is being picked ahead of Dean is because he can play in the ruck or pinch hit up forward if required.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

That’s exactly it, Billy’s perceived versatility over Charlie. The way we coach the VFL however Charlie is likely to play CHF than FB this week.

What surprises me though is our reliance on one KPD this week if Cameron goes down in the ruck. Frampton would have to move to the ruck and that would leave Moore to cover the cats forwards. Cameron and Neale will have a field day. Cats will be tempted to have De Koning and Blicsavs run forward and continue the aerial dominance every team has had over us this year
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by Pies2016 »

I am a bit bemused but given his selection in recent weeks has been that of a yo-yo, it might be also just be about match ups. His form can’t be that bad when you’re in one week, out the next and back again the following week.
I’d be looking out to see if we go more one on one tonight and IF we do, then he’s likely been omitted because of match ups.
I’m sure the criticism will come thick and fast if we lose but what won’t happen, is that if we do win, you can guarantee there won’t be any praise for the coaches selecting the right team on the night.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

^ Why Phil

So Billy Frampton is versatile at being ordinary at more things than what Charlie Dean is?

Confused
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Frampton is doing exactly at Collingwood as what he has done at his previous two clubs. Just when you think he’s arrived at the grade, he then slips off the perch just as quickly. Only a couple months ago, we were heaping praise on his return to the backline this year. Now we’re disappointed with what we have seen over the last couple weeks. He did the same last year ( we all remember his game against Essendon in the ruck ) and he also destroyed the Dogs in defence, playing for the Crows back in 2022 before being totally out of that side four weeks later.
I don’t know why, it’s probably above the shoulders but the truth is, based on history, we shouldn’t be totally surprised by what we’re seeing from him.
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

It seems to me that Billy's form drops off for us whenever he has to play second ruck. Billy is not a ruckman and never will be. The best outcome is he is left down back but given our current ruck stocks that's unlikely.

I was a bit puzzled as why Dean was dragged last Friday. He wasn't having a great game but he was the only one of our backs who was taking contested marks. It seemed to me he wasn't playing any worse than Frampton, even Moore. I guess the coaching staff had a reason for it but there were players with worse output than him at the time.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

The really strange thing is that he wasn’t even named an emergency. That combined with being subbed suggests to me that he’s been told to go back to the VFL for a bit and work on something that they feel he’s not quite getting right at the moment. It surprised me too because I thought he’s been mostly pretty good in recent weeks, and it’s not like we have a plethora of defensive options at the moment.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
The Black and White Lion

Well either way, really hope Charlie has a good game in the VFL team and shows the coaches continue to make decisions impacting the team balance, form and attitude. The routine mid game form slump by the whole team can’t be a simple attitude issue. That game play is being coached and the coaches need to snap out of it as much as the players.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Without Howe I am surprised we dropped Dean. Frampton is a bad match up for both Cameron and Rohan.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Presti35
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

We still have a lot of work to do with Dean. He'll be ok, dont forget he missed 2 years due to injury.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
The Black and White Lion

Having said all that Dean hasn’t done much in the VFL this week either so maybe this thread was all a bit mute. Looks like he’s struggling with fitness to me as he’s being led to most contests by the opposition, even when
He’s starting in front