Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player movements

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Presti35
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 59 times

Re:

Post by Presti35 »

What'sinaname wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 5:19 pmI'd make a play for Sam Weiderman now.

The other is Lobb. Again expectations will be low, but we know he can play
Sam reminds me of Jesse White. But worse. His heart just isnt in it.

Lobb... I'm just not seeing it. But he has been playing well the last few weeks. (His age puts me off)
Last edited by Presti35 on Fri Jul 19, 2024 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Presti35

Re: Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player movements

Post by Presti35 »

Presti35 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 7:51 pm ^
Would like to add Dan Houston to that trade in list, but as if Port will come to the party.

We're good enough to go again in 2025, but we need to address a few gaps on the list whilst thinking about inevitable retirements that will happen this year or next.

Contracted players that we may try to trade for mid ranged picks; Ash Johnson and Fin Macrae. I'm worried about Jakob Ryan. I know he is only 19. But how is he looking in the VFL? Is he someone that will struggle to keep his spot on the list?
BazBoy
Been liked: 29 times

Post by BazBoy »

Watching a bit of Bombers & Crows

On Mark Keane Keen I am not

Has already bled two goals
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Jen2310
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by Jen2310 »

Presti35 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 8:14 pm[^
Ryan has been hampered by off and on injury this year, so hasnt had a recent run at it. He's contracted for 2 more years, and he's young. He has time.

Macrae doesnt plan on leaving and we want him here. Just needs to put it all together.
He plans on building up stronger, working on his tank in the off season. But make or break for him next year. Needs a killer pre-season.

Johnson is one that could look elsewhere, time is not on his side unlike some others
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Presti35 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 7:51 pm Elliott Himmelberg is still available as is Zurhaar, but both have not been linked to the Pies yet.

If we address our KPP shortage first, then I will be happy to look at Caleb Daniel, etc.
And yes, Im still worried about not having a first rounder to trade or use this year.
Himmelberg, as i've said previously - big yes, if he doesn't want to go to GWS.
Caleb Daniel i'd take for what, a third rounder? He can get the ball, hit the target, and tackle.
A skillset quite a few of our players have seemingly lost the aptitude for.
BazBoy wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 8:25 pm Watching a bit of Bombers & Crows

On Mark Keane Keen I am not

Has already bled two goals
I seriously do not know why there is even any speculation on forum of WHY on earth we would want Keane back?
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

^ it's because he is a KPP and we're desperate.
derkd
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by derkd »

For those wanting to package up players and send then off for picks (see F.Mcrae and Johnson) just stop and think for a moment...if they were at another club and we were trying to get them to Collingwood, what would you be willing to pay?

That is the value, next to nothing ....might get a second rounder late for Mcrae. And Johnson is a delist pick up....no value.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
SLORT
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by SLORT »

Yeah, all the hate on Lobb...doubt we'll be getting him now anyway.

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/rory-lob ... c-15419858
derkd
Been liked: 20 times

Post by derkd »

Why would we want Lobb? He is 31! Another stop gap.

This club needs a rule put in place. If we are looking at a player...they must not be older than 25.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
What'sinaname
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

That would have been good last year. Would have stopped the disastrous Schultz trade.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

27 year old with lots of baggage up for grabs.

Pies not currently linked. Sounding like we are also out of the Bailey Smith race. Perryman and Cumming have too big of a deal in front of them for us to match. Keane is now not wanting to move from the Crows. The expectation on Zurhaar is that he will stay at North. Ainsworth is stating at Suns. As the weeks go by, we get linked to everyone that is still breathing. But we also miss out or dont go after many of the names that pop up.

Elliott Himmelberg, Harrison Jones, and Caleb Daniel remain as players we could sign/trade for.\

Getting back to the 27 year old with lots of baggage.... Dees will be paying a large portion of the contract. Dont think we'll enter talks for him. And do we need a personality like Clayton Oliver around the place?
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

The 27year old situation really depends on the Dees IMO. I don't think they're going to hand him over for a salary dump type deal like we did with Grundy. I think they will be wanting a higher draft pick(s) and or player swap for the 27year old. Something I think the Pies can't afford either. I would pass now anyway given all that's been reported in the last 12months and who knows how long this has been going on as the AFL squashed all the Joel Smith allegations. Based on what the AFL have indicated in the media the 27year old could very well be one of the players being protected by the ongoing clinical treatment. I can't see a future where you want to bring that into your football club.

As for the rest of the target staying home this year and signing new deals with their home club. It may not be that much of a surprise given the lift in salary cap. Clubs can afford a little bit more now and that helps them this year and probably the next couple of years to retain their list. I think it will take players who genuinely want to leave for a change and or are being pushed out by their current team to leave. Caleb Daniel for example, hard to tell if the club doesn't want him going forward but they're giving all of the signs to indicate that. Then again they played the same tactic with Bailey Dale and he's recovered his role in the team but Daniel hasn't. They did the same with big bro Jack Macrae too and he's the sub if he's lucky. So maybe the Dogs will seek to let go of Daniel and or Macrae but both decisions may depend on Bailey Smith's reported departure.

I don't know about Harrison Jones or why the Dons would let him go particularly with 2mPeter waning. Dylan Shiel seems more gettable.

Himmelberg's an interesting proposition given his size but if there's a spot going at GWS (Keefe retirement?) that would appear a very easy and long sought out shift.

Outside of these few we're really not going to know until September post exit interviews and the start of the delisting and FA / trading season. I'd still like to have a go at trading for Adelaide's first round draft pick but by the sounds of Geoff Browne's comments on the AFL website, we're probably still open to trading out our 2025 first round pick to target Bailey Smith.
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

Honestly if we trade our 2025 first rounder, I can see Molotov cocktails being launched into the aia centre
Buon Giorno
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

@Presti35 If said 27 yr old wanted to come to us, and talent and ability wise he would be a good fit, I would require him to sign an authority for his club doctor to disclose to our club doctor full details of any medical/health issues and treatment regimes, on the grounds that he would need to take over management of these if said 27 yr old came to us.

That info would still remain in confidence, our doctor couldn't disclose details to anyone, but would be informed enough to provide an opinion on whether he was high or low risk. If said 27 yr old refuses that, see ya.

If the Doctor said low risk, I'd off F all for picks but offer to take on all the salary. Ideally, we'd take him, his salary and the Dreamons 1st rounder in a package in exchange for our last pick. :wink:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
neil
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by neil »

stui magpie wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 4:19 pm

If the Doctor said low risk, I'd off F all for picks but offer to take on all the salary. Ideally, we'd take him, his salary and the Dreamons 1st rounder in a package in exchange for our last pick. :wink:
Oliver is on a $1million a year do you remember all the posts about Grundy's performances after he signed a deal like that? Every match if he dropped a mark/missed a hand pass/shanked a kick/got less possessions than an opposition player it would be pointed out relentlessly
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum