Post Match. Pies thumped. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

aus50ford
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Post Match. Pies thumped. All comments.

Post by aus50ford »

If someone said to me you can win a flag then not make the 8 the next year.....I'd take it. And like above, think St. Kilda.
[/quote]

I stood at the end of GWS final with tears in my eyes, and said to the guy next to me with similar emotions, "Just give us one .... just give us one"
I'm content to be here now but haven't given up hope ...

Side by Side forever Black & White
I don't have a snappy catch phrase
Big T
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by Big T »

Cam wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 11:57 pm Kane Cornes.. Sam McClure... anybody else... will say whatever they think will provoke a reaction in people. Without reactions, they don't have a job. Once you realise that you will ease up, and not take the bait so easily. They deliberately choose a side. EVERY football panel on EVERY show has people for and at least one person against the grain in EVERY topic they raise. It's scripted... every day... every week... every year... No anger, no relevancy. Once your eyes are opened, you can't take them seriously anymore, no matter how much angst is in their voice [Lyon], how much annoyance they show [Cornes], how much stuff they make up [McClure], how much frustration they show [McGuire].
That’s why I love Richo Richo man. He is authentic and probably the only one apart from our beloved Sly and Spook!
Buon Giorno
Big T

Post by Big T »

I personally love the rebuild stage of the team, always have. Just annoyed that we don’t have a top pick and hence could tank and play youngsters and find out about them with a secondary purpose, but I guess hindsight is a wonderful thing. I’m ok with how this has panned out after being in a can’t of a mood all weekend - everything happens for a reason.
Buon Giorno
Big T

Re: Graham Wright - General Manager of Football

Post by Big T »

Magpie Russ wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:41 am^
100% re Ginni. Press the ignore button and next game just turn away from him as supporters and give him nothing, stay quiet. That will dent his enormous ego. Which at some stage will be the end of him in the afl.
Buon Giorno
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Re: Graham Wright - General Manager of Football

Post by Piesnchess »

Big T wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:25 pm
Magpie Russ wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:41 am^
100% re Ginni. Press the ignore button and next game just turn away from him as supporters and give him nothing, stay quiet. That will dent his enormous ego. Which at some stage will be the end of him in the afl.

yeh, I was disgusted what the little turd said bout us post match, bout Collingwood being too "structured" as compared to the Dawks, clearly he cares nothing for him being in our Premiership, nothing. Yeh, he will come a gutser, oneday, at them, hes a brat, (ask McStay) who will stuff up, bigtime, a ticking time bomb. Lets see how sniper Mitchell handles him, Fly was so patient with him, and he spat in Flys face.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
ANNODAM
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by ANNODAM »

I’ll be happy as long as Carlton don’t snag one.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Presti35
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Presti35 »

Lots of talk about Ginni after this match. All this is was chapter 2 of his games against his former club. There will be a lot to look forward to in coming years.

This was a normal season game. Not a final. We'll see who gets the last laugh, but God help us if he knocks us out in a big final.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
shawthing
Been liked: 56 times

Post by shawthing »

ANNODAM wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 3:32 pm I’ll be happy as long as Carlton don’t snag one.
No need to worry about that. With fresh injuries and loss of form they are not going to win a flag this year. Get on Brisbane. They are good things.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

ANNODAM wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 3:32 pm I’ll be happy as long as Carlton don’t snag one.
And Hawthorn because I don’t want to see Ginny rub it in our faces! Although I still think Wright made a great error in letting Ginny go so quickly and without any hesitation, I’m sure that any “stick it up you” crap from Ginny will be bloody hard to take without wanting a huge tree to fall on the mongrel’s head 🤬. So no Dawks flag for me.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
ANNODAM
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by ANNODAM »

I was upset we let Ginni go, not because he wanted to leave, but when he left, we got sweet fk all, he virtually walked for nothing to HAW.
And I knew there’d come a day when he would roll us.

Bastard!
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

I would put heat on the assistant coaches first. They have been very ordinary in their strategies.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Anyone else pissed off with the way Ginnivan behaved? He lacked class and disrespected our club and the supporter base when it wasn't warranted.

I understand he's always been a cheeky and mischievous personality and he might be aggrieved by the circumstances of his departure, but I think he crossed the line and went over the top with his theatrics.

We gave him the first opportunity to play AFL football when every other club overlooked him and he played in a Premiership with us which surely must mean something to him. Most importantly, the supporter base always backed him in spite of the media criticism he was receiving on a regular basis. Funnily enough, the same media regales him now.

The next time we play Hawthorn, I don't think there will be any love lost between us and Ginnivan.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

He is a total asshole. no class no respect, he's not even funny. shits me people are commenting on his touches, how many were string along 5m handpasses, with no defender in sight? i cant wait for his luck to run out
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 70 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Remind me who Ginni is again.
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

ANNODAM wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:03 pm ...And I knew there’d come a day when he would roll us...
Ginnivan didn't roll us. We let him play that way. A key factor was the lack of accountability showed by our smaller defenders who as usual didn't man up on their opponents. Ginnivan and Watson did what they liked while players like Noble were nowhere to be seen. Being a line breaking runner is all very well but if a player can't/won't play defensively on their man, they are next to worthless.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�