Pre-Match. Pies v. Tigers. All comments

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 34 times

Re: Pre-Match. Pies v. Tigers. All comments

Post by Haff »

My gut is a very underwhelming performance. The line is 24.5 which seems overs given this team only beat norf by 1 pt and was playing better footy back then.
I’ve taken the $4 on Richmond but only because I think it’s overs, the line bet is the way to go.
I think we still win by 12 in a very frustrating game.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

I can't say I'm happy about Reef getting dropped once again. if we don't give him a go, I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to leave at the end of the year. I can't say I would blame him if he did. Richards' dropping is about right. His contributions and work rate have been sporadic and he spent too much time on the fringes waiting for balls to come to him rather than getting in and getting it himself. His defensive pressure hasn't been up to scratch either.

Apart from bringing in the iffy Frampton, the back-line of the last few weeks remains in place despite some very ordinary form from a couple of players there.

Luckily Richmond seem to be even more undermanned than we are so I'm predicting a win for us.

Woe how the mighty have fallen!
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
BBHS
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by BBHS »

I hope we just get the pressure game back that has completely gone out the window. We don't out number at contest, barely keep the ball inside 50 and allow teams to transition the ball untouched. Our centre bounce work should go back to halfing the contest until we can figure a better strategy, as we are getting killed there at the moment.
shawthing
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 48 times

Post by shawthing »

stui magpie wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:52 pm Reef omitted? FMD,
I agree, but I'm even more disturbed we're dropping Richards at this stage. Clearly the brains trust have NFI how badly we've fallen and need to rebuild. By not putting games into youngsters to see what they hold for the future we are only making that rebuild even more painful in the long term. Seriously the positive thinking claptrap is a long term dead end!
shawthing
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 48 times

Post by shawthing »

Magpietothemax wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:22 pm
How does Markov keep getting a game. Does he have pictures?
Piesnchess
Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Wooohoo, Bluescum lost, again, LOL, so beat the Tiggers, and all hell will break loose next week, for Pendles big magnificent record 400, our "Grand Final" throw everything plus the kitchen sink, at the bastards, stuff their Finals right up.!!!!!
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Culprit
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Culprit »

Markov has some personal issues. I have no idea what’s going on there and I hope he’s OK. I’ve converted my Canadian friends to Aussie Rules and they now follow the Pies. We are set to watch the game with hot dogs and beers,
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Markov's wife is giving birth
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Bucks5
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Bucks5 »

She gave birth weeks ago. He did not play because of it
How would Siri know when to answer "Hey Siri" unless it is listening in to everything you say?
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

No, his partner is due around now (end of July as announced on his Insta page back in March)
He missed that game as he was given leave to attend his brother in laws wedding.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
ANNODAM
Has liked: 19 times

Post by ANNODAM »

Reef will end up staying especially if a couple of the oldies move on.

Don’t worry.
We’ll be right.

We should be happy, Carlton lost, they might drop to 5th after this round, how good would it be to see them against ESS in an Elimination Final?

They can beat the shit out of each other & we can sit back & laugh our bloody heads off.

And who knows, we might roll them next week for Pendles 400th, although I can see them coming out & breathing fire.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
robevpau1

Post by robevpau1 »

According to the Collingwood website Jordan De Goey will miss tomorrow’s Round 20 match against Richmond due to a groin issue. Joe Richards comes into the team ...
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 170 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

That’s probably for the best. Time for surgery or proper rest and treatment. No point playing him half cooked because he will play half baked.

I’m guessing Fly’s going to be really imaginative now and resort to playing Naicos in the middle. Would prefer he doesn’t play mid and we give Naicos a break also. Hard to forget he’s a 3rd year player and needs to be protected too.

With Richards coming in though he’s only going to play FP or HF.
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 78 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

The Black and White Lion wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:37 pm ...I’m guessing Fly’s going to be really imaginative now and resort to playing Naicos in the middle. Would prefer he doesn’t play mid and we give Naicos a break also. Hard to forget he’s a 3rd year player and needs to be protected too.
With Richards coming in though he’s only going to play FP or HF.
Which means WHE probably plays centre half back. He will have his work cut out as our half back line looks defensively flaky.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
BazBoy
Been liked: 22 times

Post by BazBoy »

Jordan De Goey out
Replaced by Joe Richards
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right