Post Match. Pies trump Tigers. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Horatio Fin
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Post Match. Pies trump Tigers. All comments.

Post by Horatio Fin »

SLORT wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 1:31 am So, Richards, Kroog's and..
Horatio Fin
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Horatio Fin »

dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

What happened to Laurie’s post?
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
winpies
Been liked: 14 times

Post by winpies »

stui magpie wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 4:44 pm Maybe it was just me, but that was as flat as I've been watching a win. Just couldn't get up and excited, could barely concentrate on the game TBH, it just didn't engage me. Yeah some nice highlights from Billy and Bobby, but just nothing from that game got the heart rate up or juices flowing.
This is exactly how I felt watching this game and we should have won by a lot more. Glad we got a win but should put have the foot on the throat and thumped them. I just knew they would kick some quick goals in junk time last qtr and make the scoreboard not look so bad for the Tiges.
carn the mighty pies!
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

I watched the replay in Canada and we looked good in parts and in saying that Richmond is experimenting with their line up so I am not getting carried away. McStay adds a different dimension to the forward line. Cox helps DC, and I am impressed with Ned Long. Anyone who says % means nothing needs to look at the ladder.
lazzadesilva
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

stui magpie wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 4:44 pm
This is exactly how I felt watching this game and we should have won by a lot more. Glad we got a win but should put have the foot on the throat and thumped them. I just knew they would kick some quick goals in junk time last qtr and make the scoreboard not look so bad for the Tiges.
This has always continued to annoy me. We hear about so called scenarios at training where they protect a lead in the last quarter but this wasn’t evident. To me it took away the gloss from the win and affected our percentage. I hate Carlscum with a passion and usually want us to annihilate them but now I’ll be happy with a 1 point win and to live through the heart attack that the last quarter will cause 🥺

And Culpit, I too think that Ned Long is a great get and will be an important player in the seasons ahead. He has a tremendous football brain and generally makes good decisions. One to watch develop.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️